• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pines course shut down at Christmas mountain village

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
they have not been taking care of the course the past two years and they finally shut it Down. It is lined by homes, villas and timbers. There is a meeting Wednesday at 3:30 in Jolleys about the course with the assistant manager. The person in charge of the pro shop left about a month ago. The oaks course isn't in the best of shape.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
That's unfortunate

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very worrisome, they haven't opened one of the ski lifts for past two years either

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
The pines is open now, but the entire course is in very bad condition. I am posting again because I see ads on here for Christmas Mountain advertising it having a beautiful 27 hole golf course. It does not. It is an embarrassment.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
The pines is open now, but the entire course is in very bad condition. I am posting again because I see ads on here for Christmas Mountain advertising it having a beautiful 27 hole golf course. It does not. It is an embarrassment.

Sounds like my kind of golf course. As a golfer, I'm an embarassment!

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like my kind of golf course. As a golfer, I'm an embarassment!
Then you wouldn’t mind that they repaired the greens that were ruined by hydrolic acid by placing sod right on top of the ruined parts rather than level with the rest of the green.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Then you wouldn’t mind that they repaired the greens that were ruined by hydrolic acid by placing sod right on top of the ruined parts rather than level with the rest of the green.

Sounds a little bumpy! Even I would have noticed that. But, I wouldn't have made the putt anyway!

What's hydrolic acid? What's the normal use of the stuff?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you saying you played there and didn’t notice.
Ruined grass with mower leaks last year, somehow used to rectify situation, then this year used the sod.
If you go to Facebook and type in Christmas Mountain Village you can read what a golfer posted a couple of weeks ago. They are losing the tournaments play, they are losing members. If bluegreen is not committed to the course, it will be too late to bring it back.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are you saying you played there and didn’t notice.
Ruined grass with mower leaks last year, somehow used to rectify situation, then this year used the sod.
If you go to Facebook and type in Christmas Mountain Village you can read what a golfer posted a couple of weeks ago. They are losing the tournaments play, they are losing members. If bluegreen is not committed to the course, it will be too late to bring it back.

Golf? Me? I haven't played in 45 years!

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everyone says the mowers leaked hydrolic acid. Mower wide stripes across three greens, back and forth. That was last year. This year they put sod on top of the dead grass. No sand left in a lot of traps, grass and weeds growing out of them. Tees are browned out, dandelions growing on them.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Everyone says the mowers leaked hydrolic acid. Mower wide stripes across three greens, back and forth. That was last year. This year they put sod on top of the dead grass. No sand left in a lot of traps, grass and weeds growing out of them. Tees are browned out, dandelions growing on them.

Hydraulic fluid, maybe?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
The latest I just heard is that the assistant manager, who promised so much at the meeting, has been fired or has resigned. The pines is supposedly open, but they don’t send anyone out on it. It is unplayable

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a big sign blocking the entrance to the Pines course saying closed.
The groundskeeper has left.
The person running the pro shop left a few months ago, so the groundskeeper was running the pro shop also. A part time employee is going back to his teaching job, someone who works the front desk will be trained to run the pro shop. They haven’t had a golf professional for yeArs

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today a beautiful home on the closed course had an open house. I took a look out of curiosity and asked the realtor how the course closure affected sale price. I have interest because I own a home on the course.
First she denied the course was closed. Then she said she would ask the groundskeeper when it would open. I said he is gone. She said it would not affect the price at all, but the listing said it was on the golf course and to enjoy the golf course from the deck. Anyhow she took off and was nowhere is sight when I left the premises. Is it ethical to advertise as golf course property on a course that is closed and a lot of uncertainty whether it is going to open again.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
The latest. A young woman has taken over to become director of golf and ski operations. She doesn’t golf or ski. She came over to the starter with five pitching wedges and said a salesman was going to give a putting lesson and he should use these. He explained they needed putters. She locks up at six but the carts are still out. They are left all over the parking lot with the keys in the ignition she told the ski instructor to show her how to give lessons because she was going to take that over too.
Oh Lordy

bobgolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Annual Meeting of the members will be held at the following date, time, and place:

Date: Saturday, October 6, 2018
Time: 2:30pm CDT
Place: Christmas Mountain Village Resort
S944 Christmas Mountain Road, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965

Here's an opportunity for the board of directors to hear the concerns about the Pines Golf course

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
My meeting is at five o’clock

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
They have them all day and night because there are several associations

Last edited:

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do the golf courses look now? Also, I heard there was construction needed due to water damage -- any news about that?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pines is closed down. we played back nine and the greens are in terrible shape. The course needs a lot of work. This is no longer the beautiful course it was for years. Also I would advise on not advertising as 27 hole course, and not use any adjectives to describe course that would come back to bite you.
Several homeowners have put homes on the market as they feel the resort will not come back.

The manager resigned by the way.
I saw the notice about the annual meeting. At that time last October it was promised that the pines was reopening and everything would be great again. Not true.