• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2015 ] Just purchased Wyndham Timeshare - Need to Rescind

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Same here but we are still in our 5 day window we just signed today. I’m def getting post mark receipt when I send it off! Gl to you! Hopefully you find a way out. It’s like they push it on you and can’t say no!
Make sure all signers of the contract sign the rescission letter. Mail it USPS Certified w/ return receipt so you'll ,know it is delivered. If the Kindle was a gift for attending the presentation, keep it. If it was a gift for buying, send it back, and note that in the letter.

Glad you found is in time.

Jim

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
N it states that as long as we send a recission letter before the 6th day after the purchaser signs and receives a copy of the purchase agreement or receives the required timeshare public offering statement whichever is later, so doesn't that mean since we did not receive a copy of the agreement that it hasn't officially start yet?
Texas law states that your rescission letter MUST BE POSTMARKED by the end of the FIFTH day after signing the contract. I think you have been talking to the sales weasel who sold you this. They lie. They have no incentive to let you rescind. They lose their commission of you do. And all they have to do is delay you one day and the corporate office will tell you "Too late, Congratulations and Welcome to the 'family'."

She'Nice

Reaction score
Thank you for posting this, my husband and I are on our 10 yr anniversary and got asked to do a presentation. And was offered a larger gift card then the other people that said no. We should have kept walking. That’s right we are suckers ! We had a private talk about saying no and they kept throwing extras in for extra certificates and what not in. We said we had to go and talk about it come back tom and they brought in a second person and threw more extras at us . That’s when my husband said ok let’s do it. Once we left I had a bad feeling almost sick to my stomach that we should have just kept walking bc besides the monthly payment you also have other fees and we would never pay it off it seems like. We do 1 -3 nights maybe a yr, have kids and dogs at home, self employed and like quick get always. We don’t travel much and that’s when it hit me we are paying for something we most likely won’t use. So I got on google to see reviews and saw this. And a lot more! Pretty much got pressured into doing it. So I went through all paperwork and saw we have 5 days! I got that paper out and letter wrote and in mail tom first thing in am!! Your post is a life saver!! Thank you!! Knowing we are not alone and there were others in same boat!! Now with the kindle fire as a gift do we send it back or keep it??
When I sent my letter of recission I told them I'm sending the tablet back on a different day just waiting on confirmation about the cancellation really if they dont honor it i wont send it back.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
When I sent my letter of recission I told them I'm sending the tablet back on a different day just waiting on confirmation about the cancellation really if they dont honor it i wont send it back.

Some people have said that you don't need to return the tablet. If they get everything cancelled I wouldn't go to the expense of sending it back unless they specifically ask for it.

She'Nice

Reaction score
Texas law states that your rescission letter MUST BE POSTMARKED by the end of the FIFTH day after signing the contract. I think you have been talking to the sales weasel who sold you this. They lie. They have no incentive to let you rescind. They lose their commission of you do. And all they have to do is delay you one day and the corporate office will tell you "Too late, Congratulations and Welcome to the 'family'."
I understand that Texas law says that but in the Wyndham information package it states after receiving the signed contract never received it I sent a video that shows information on the tablet Wyndham information was stored just not ours we signed on june 13th the information on the tablet is dated june 10th but no contract or agreement was ever found

She'Nice

Reaction score
Some people have said that you don't need to return the tablet. If they get everything cancelled I wouldn't go to the expense of sending it back unless they specifically ask for it.
I am if everything goes well no need of sending them a $60 tablet if they made a $58,000 fool of me already.

She'Nice

Reaction score
Thank you for posting this, my husband and I are on our 10 yr anniversary and got asked to do a presentation. And was offered a larger gift card then the other people that said no. We should have kept walking. That’s right we are suckers ! We had a private talk about saying no and they kept throwing extras in for extra certificates and what not in. We said we had to go and talk about it come back tom and they brought in a second person and threw more extras at us . That’s when my husband said ok let’s do it. Once we left I had a bad feeling almost sick to my stomach that we should have just kept walking bc besides the monthly payment you also have other fees and we would never pay it off it seems like. We do 1 -3 nights maybe a yr, have kids and dogs at home, self employed and like quick get always. We don’t travel much and that’s when it hit me we are paying for something we most likely won’t use. So I got on google to see reviews and saw this. And a lot more! Pretty much got pressured into doing it. So I went through all paperwork and saw we have 5 days! I got that paper out and letter wrote and in mail tom first thing in am!! Your post is a life saver!! Thank you!! Knowing we are not alone and there were others in same boat!! Now with the kindle fire as a gift do we send it back or keep it??
I definitely was saying let me get back with you tomorrow it's like the more I tried backing out it was more n more things they threw at us, the trip we will be able to take was lies I just hope n pray they just resend n refund.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand that Texas law says that but in the Wyndham information package it states after receiving the signed contract never received it I sent a video that shows information on the tablet Wyndham information was stored just not ours we signed on june 13th the information on the tablet is dated june 10th but no contract or agreement was ever found
You seem bent on arguing with me. First you say that Wyndham had received your rescission on the 20th, then you say you mailed it on the 20th, and I just pointed out that Texas law would require that (if your contract was signed on the 13th) it be mailed on or before the 18th. Frankly, if it was MY $58,000, I would have been pouring over every word of that contract.

Truly, I hope that your defense of 'not having the contract' works. If they didn't send it with you out of that sales room on the 13th, that was just sloppy execution of the contract and they deserve to lose the sale and their commission.

I wish you well. I hope they honor your rescission. I've told you what the applicable state law is, and I'm done here. Please let us know how it works out. If it turns out you are a new timeshare owner, you can find lots of information on how to make the most of your ownership. And if this is the case, DO NOT fall for any of those upfront fee, 'Get you out of your timeshare' outfits. They are ALL just scams to take more of your money. There are no magic words to make a lawfully drawn contract end.

Good Luck!

Jim

She'Nice

Reaction score
You seem bent on arguing with me. First you say that Wyndham had received your rescission on the 20th, then you say you mailed it on the 20th, and I just pointed out that Texas law would require that (if your contract was signed on the 13th) it be mailed on or before the 18th. Frankly, if it was MY $58,000, I would have been pouring over every word of that contract.

Truly, I hope that your defense of 'not having the contract' works. If they didn't send it with you out of that sales room on the 13th, that was just sloppy execution of the contract and they deserve to lose the sale and their commission.

I wish you well. I hope they honor your rescission. I've told you what the applicable state law is, and I'm done here. Please let us know how it works out. If it turns out you are a new timeshare owner, you can find lots of information on how to make the most of your ownership. And if this is the case, DO NOT fall for any of those upfront fee, 'Get you out of your timeshare' outfits. They are ALL just scams to take more of your money. There are no magic words to make a lawfully drawn contract end.

Good Luck!

Jim
Jim I'm not arguing with you I'm stating everything I find out day by day. myself like everyone else here is trying to get help or help others. I just mentioned what I seen thanks to other people quotes and stories on here regarding timeshares. If I knew when you reply to a post shouldn't nothing be said afterward, I wouldve went a different route, now I responded to everyone that replied not just you, on my situation and I'm not proud of the decision to sign and I took that, but I dont need you to come at me because I simply responded to further let you in to my situation. If me responding makes you mad then you dont have to even read my thread because I meant no ill will or disrespect, more than I can say about your reply just now. And to make it clear to you I mailed my letter on the 20th and I faxed my letter also they received the fax on the 20th sir no lie there, and the remark about if it was YOUR 58,000 you would've read thru this and that congrats to you but myself like other readers on this forum isn't as smart as YOU I assume, but I got one reply who said thanks and if my $58,000 timeshare flop teaches someone to not do the same that's ok too. But what I'm not going to accept is someone trying yo make me feel any worse about the situation I came for help or to help not judgment from anybody that get offended by me just responding back about my situation. And since it's not YOUR 58,000 then save your judgment for yourself.
Goodluck with toning it down a few notches

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased a Wyndham timeshare on june 13th 2018...<snip>...we decided on june 20th we would like to cancel.

I trust that you sent your letter of rescission (cancellation) by certified U.S. mail, signed by all parties who signed the contract and hope that it was postmarked (not just decided to cancel) before June 20. Otherwise, it seems you missed the 5 day rescission period under Texas law (assuming Texas is the state in which you signed the contract). It doesn't matter where you live; applicable state law where the contract was signed is all that matters. Good luck; I suspect you'll need it.

It's sad (and it's infuriating) that Wyndham (and Westgate) sales weasels and their associated support staff are so very consistently deceitful and completely dishonest. I don't know how those slimy parasites even manage to sleep at night.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Jim sometimes comes across as being a bit snarky but he means well and is trying to help and he has a lot of knowledge. You have to get used to him. LOL! I always value Jim's opinions.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim sometimes comes across as being a bit snarky but he means well and is trying to help and he has a lot of knowledge. You have to get used to him. LOL! I always value Jim's opinions.
Thanks. I try to be helpful, but when the feedback is contradictory, or the information presented seems to be coming from (as in this case) someone with an ulterior motive (the salesweasel delaying the buyer from rescinding), I feel that my advise is for naught. Sorry to come across as snarky. Just tell me I'm off base. I try to make my words sweet enough that when I have to eat them, they go down easily.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also rescinded a contract recently. We signed on a Tuesday. I faxed the rescission letter on Friday as well as sending a copy via USPS certified priority AND Fedex Overnight (both we received on Monday.) And it wasn't until Wednesday that Owners Care could see that a rescission was in the works.

My account was constructed (and subsequently deconstructed.) And I have received my Rescission Confirmation letter. We walked into the office and told them that we were rescinding and we handed them the Kindle. They wouldn't accept our rescission as it had to be "as instructed" in the contract, which we did have our own copy.

Good luck!

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We walked into the office and told them that we were rescinding and we handed them the Kindle. They wouldn't accept our rescission as it had to be "as instructed" in the contract, which we did have our own copy.

Thanks for confirming what many here on TUG have been emphasizing. Follow the instructions for rescission that were given in the owner's package. If the instructions say to mail the letter, then mail it rather than phoning, e-mailing, walking and hand-delivering it into the office, etc.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming what many here on TUG have been emphasizing. Follow the instructions for rescission that were given in the owner's package. If the instructions say to mail the letter, then mail it rather than phoning, e-mailing, walking and hand-delivering it into the office, etc.

It was a bit overkill on our part. BUT, we wanted to hand over the Kindle. Of course if they had actually noted our rescission, perhaps the account wouldn't have been altered as it is causing so many issues for us now.

Pixielove86

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I signed up for a Wyndham timeshare yesterday after hard sale tactics and no time to look them up or discuss privately with my spouse. Within two hours I was in my room and able to research I immediately when back there to cancel and they talked me down. Now this morning I go back in and they told me they can't help me and to look through my kindle information on what steps to take. Took me a while to find it because I ended up having to search through my contract instead, but I knew what to look for after reading this thread.

This thread has been so helpful thank you! Were all you guy's able to get your contracts rescinded? How about the credit cards? Do I just call and cancel? Did all of this hurt your credit very much?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I signed up for a Wyndham timeshare yesterday after hard sale tactics and no time to look them up or discuss privately with my spouse. Within two hours I was in my room and able to research I immediately when back there to cancel and they talked me down. Now this morning I go back in and they told me they can't help me and to look through my kindle information on what steps to take. Took me a while to find it because I ended up having to search through my contract instead, but I knew what to look for after reading this thread.

This thread has been so helpful thank you! Were all you guy's able to get your contracts rescinded? How about the credit cards? Do I just call and cancel? Did all of this hurt your credit very much?
Rescission will have no effect on your credit. Do Not cancel the card if you put a down payment on it. Wait until after it is refunded, THEN cancel the card.

Pixielove86

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Rescission will have no effect on your credit. Do Not cancel the card if you put a down payment on it. Wait until after it is refunded, THEN cancel the card.

Ok, thank you, because I wasn't sure what the best steps for that would be.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, thank you, because I wasn't sure what the best steps for that would be.
They are under no obligation to inform you about the progress of the rescission, so just watch that cc account.

Jim

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
They are under no obligation to inform you about the progress of the rescission, so just watch that cc account.

Jim

Beyond logging into the CC account, is there any other recommended way to track a rescission? Can you call into Owner Care and ask for a status? I’m assuming we will receive a letter acknowledging receipt and rescission approval but am not certain. We explicitly requested written receipt of our rescission letter (beyond the certified mail receipt) along with a full refund and receipt of all refunds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beyond logging into the CC account, is there any other recommended way to track a rescission? Can you call into Owner Care and ask for a status? I’m assuming we will receive a letter acknowledging receipt and rescission approval but am not certain. We explicitly requested written receipt of our rescission letter (beyond the certified mail receipt) along with a full refund and receipt of all refunds.

As Jim said above, they are under no obligation to update you. Your best bet is to watch your credit card activity. Legally, they have up to 45 days to refund you but most don't take that long.

And follow the rescission instructions as you see in your owner's package. It probably tells you to send the letter via certified mail. It is not recommended that you call owner care (or anyone else for that matter) or walk into the office to try to rescind. Likely they will try to talk you out of rescinding.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh you can request whatever you want, but legally, all they are REQUIRED to do is process the rescission. We know that the waiting can be stressful, but rest assured that it will happen.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
As Jim said above, they are under no obligation to update you. Your best bet is to watch your credit card activity. Legally, they have up to 45 days to refund you but most don't take that long.

And follow the rescission instructions as you see in your owner's package. It probably tells you to send the letter via certified mail. It is not recommended that you call owner care (or anyone else for that matter) or walk into the office to try to rescind. Likely they will try to talk you out of rescinding.

We followed the instructions for rescission contained in the signed contract itself, not the owners package on the Fire tablet. I’m not even sure what exists on the Fire tablet TBH. My contract contained the exact same verbiage that the OP pasted from his 1st post on this thread. We will watch the credit card activity for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pixielove86

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I can see that my recission letter was received due to the shipment method. Is there a number, email, or website I can use to check the status of the recission and to verify that it was really received?