• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval International versus DAE

kpfen

TUG Member
Reaction score
We used to be II members many many years ago and then let it lapse and did rental pool for our timeshare in Australia (we live in Canada tho). More recently tho we have exchanged weeks through DAE but there isn’t a lot of choice there (or doesn’t seem to be) from what I remember through II.
I am wondering if it would be better to sign up again through II and bank our current year with them but am wondering how it all works exactly. When I bank with them do I make a request for what I am looking for and hope I get it or is it like DAE where there are weeks posted that you can choose from but you also can make requests?
I have tried looking through the forums and on II website for info but it doesn’t answer my questions so if this is something that is common if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.
Our week is a floating week at Sandy Point on the Gold Coast of Australia.
TIA

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
We used to be II members many many years ago and then let it lapse and did rental pool for our timeshare in Australia (we live in Canada tho). More recently tho we have exchanged weeks through DAE but there isn’t a lot of choice there (or doesn’t seem to be) from what I remember through II.
I am wondering if it would be better to sign up again through II and bank our current year with them but am wondering how it all works exactly. When I bank with them do I make a request for what I am looking for and hope I get it or is it like DAE where there are weeks posted that you can choose from but you also can make requests?
I have tried looking through the forums and on II website for info but it doesn’t answer my questions so if this is something that is common if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.
Our week is a floating week at Sandy Point on the Gold Coast of Australia.
TIA

With II, you can do it many ways. You can do an ongoing search where they match you, or, you can do instant exchanges where you match assuming you have deposited your wee. Your ownership is affiliated with II? Also, you get the getaways as well which are bonus weeks of varying costs, so, I am heading to Williamsburg for 2 weeks for example in November. They cost just over $200 for each week.

Direct from the Interval terms:

EXCHANGE METHODS
Generally, Members may choose either the “Request First” or the “Deposit First” exchange method to utilize the exchange service. However, both exchange methods may not be available if one or the other is not compatible with the use rules of the Home Resort. In some instances, the use rules of the Home Resort may shorten the time frames within which the Home Resort accommodations may be deposited and within which an exchange request may be placed. Members should refer to the Home Resort’s use rules for additional information.

REQUEST FIRST EXCHANGE METHOD
With the Request First exchange method, Members who exchange with II based on weeks do not give up the right to occupy the Home Resort accommodations until an exchange has been confirmed. Similarly, Members who exchange with II based on points do not give up the right to their points until an exchange has been confirmed. Upon confirmation, however, all rights to the use of the Home Resort accommodations or points are immediately assigned to II.
Exchange requests using the Request First method may be placed up to 24 months prior to the commencement date of the week(s) being relinquished for exchange. The requested travel dates must be prior to or the same as the dates of the week(s) being relinquished.

DEPOSIT FIRST EXCHANGE METHOD
When Home Resort accommodations are deposited, all rights to the use of same for the week(s) deposited are immediately assigned to II. Once a deposit is made, the deposited week(s) may not be withdrawn. Submission or confirmation of an exchange request is not required in order for II to issue a Confirmation into a deposited week or otherwise utilize such deposited week.
No fee is required to deposit vacation accommodations. An exchange fee, however, is required when placing an exchange request against the deposited accommodations.
Deposits must be received by II at least 60 days, but no more than
24 months, before the commencement date of the deposited week. Flex Deposits (received by II from 59 days up until 14 days before the commencement date of the week being deposited) also are accepted, but any exchange request placed using a Flex Deposit must be made through the Flexchange service.
Upon receipt of a deposit, II will assign a deposit number, which must be utilized when placing an exchange request. Except for the flexible lengths
of stay provided under II’s ShortStay Exchange service, and for exchange requests under the Club Interval exchange service, as each is described below, an exchange may be requested for the same amount of time as that deposited. The exchange request may be placed at the same time that the deposit is made or at any time after receipt of the deposit number, but no later than 24 months after the commencement date of the deposited week. In addition, the requested travel dates must be no earlier than 24 months before and no later than 24 months after the commencement date of the deposited week, unless the Individual Member chooses the Deposit Extension Option, as defined in Paragraph 5 hereunder, if available. All standard exchange procedures (as detailed below) must be adhered to when placing a request against the deposited week. If a Flex Deposit was made, a request may be submitted only through the Flexchange service, with travel dates no later than 24 months after the commencement date of the deposited week.
By using the Deposit Extension Option, Members may, upon the payment of an additional fee, extend the period in which they can utilize a particular deposit (“Redemption Window”) for up to a period of one year. Any particular deposit may be extended a total of two times. The Deposit Extension Option must be exercised no later than three months after the date on which the original or extended Redemption Window expires. The extension begins on the date on which the original or extended Redemption Window expired. The exchange request placed within an extended Redemption Window must be placed through II’s Flexchange service. The Deposit Extension Option may not be used to extend the expiration date of Club Interval Points, Preferred Points, an E-Plus Usage Window, or a retrade of a Confirmation using E-Plus, or to extend the time period in which Members may request substitute accommodations pursuant to II’s Exchange Cancellation Policy, or request accommodations pursuant to the redemption of an accommodations certificate. All other terms and conditions of exchange apply.
ShortStay Exchange (“ShortStay Exchange”) is an exchange service offered by II to members in good standing with the Interval Gold, Club Interval Gold, and Interval Platinum membership programs in which, upon payment of the appropriate fee and any applicable tax, Members can be confirmed to resort accommodations for periods of less than seven days. Members who exchange with II based on the relinquishment of a week may secure up to two ShortStay Exchange Confirmations for resort accommodations of equal or lesser size than the Home Resort accommodations relinquished by the Member. Members who exchange with II based on the relinquishment of points (i.e., those who own Vacation Interests that are points-based, including Club Interval Gold members who have relinquished their week to receive Club Interval Points, or Members who have relinquished a week to receive Preferred Points) may confirm as many ShortStay Exchange Confirmations as their available points will allow. A ShortStay Exchange Confirmation will not be issued until the availability of the Home Resort unit week or availability of the required number of points is verified. Holiday, summer, and other highly demanded travel periods usually will not be available through ShortStay Exchange. II’s Exchange Cancellation Policies do not apply to ShortStay Exchange Confirmations. A cancellation of a ShortStay Exchange Confirmation results in the loss of the Home Resort unit week or points relinquished, as well as the exchange fee paid to secure such Confirmation. All other terms and conditions of the Exchange Program apply to this exchange service, except as noted to the contrary above.
The Deposit First and/or the ShortStay Exchange methods may not be available to owners at some Member Resorts because of the resort’s internal reservation procedures.

kpfen

TUG Member
Reaction score
With II, you can do it many ways. You can do an ongoing search where they match you, or, you can do instant exchanges where you match assuming you have deposited your wee. Your ownership is affiliated with II? Also, you get the getaways as well which are bonus weeks of varying costs, so, I am heading to Williamsburg for 2 weeks for example in November. They cost just over $200 for each week.

I assume they are still affiliated with II. At the time we bought they were with RCI and II but now only show up in resort directory on II.
I guess my main question is about trading power etc - does that matter? Can I still make an exchange if no one wants to book my week at Sandy Point? I have seen posts of people saying they can’t get an exchange or is that just because they can’t get a week exactly where and when they want?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I assume they are still affiliated with II. At the time we bought they were with RCI and II but now only show up in resort directory on II.
I guess my main question is about trading power etc - does that matter? Can I still make an exchange if no one wants to book my week at Sandy Point? I have seen posts of people saying they can’t get an exchange or is that just because they can’t get a week exactly where and when they want?

I think it's more about either unrealistic trades, or, an exact narrow set of criteria. It's also people trading in some cases higher end timeshares, they generally lose. I have traded in II for 20 years, and, always get a good trade. But, I am not picky about location, dates, etc. Trading power does matter of course. Ideally, you would deposit the busiest time of year for Sandy Point. I just stayed at 2 timeshares in Australia last year that were really more apartments, but they were great. Not many choices there. I was at Busselton and Perth area. You can still make an exchange even if no one wanted your week, or course that's part of the trading power risk for II. If it's a busy time of year for the resort and it's generally all occupied, that's the week you want to deposit to get the best trades possible.