• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free - Woodstone at Massanutten Casa de Campo Week 43

yellowbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
Woodstone at Massanutten - Week 43 Casa de Campo

This is access to 1/2 of of a 2 bedroom condo. One year you will get the full kitchen unit (one bedroom sleep 4) and the next you will get the efficiency unit (one bedroom sleep 4) on an alternating basis.

Usage: First usage for new owner is 2018

Title Transfer: Purchaser to pay all closing and transfer costs using LT Transfers.

Maintenance Fees:
$335. Maintenance fees are current (2018 fees are not due or paid yet).

This is a family timeshare that we simply dont use and would love to give to someone that will use it.

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
Is this annual?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
From the giftee's description, you have annual usage .. but it is the SMALL 1bdr side one year which has efficiency kitchen and the LARGER 1bdr side the other year.

Might want to ask if the smaller unit's KITCHEN has a full stove/over or dishwasher .. or just plain what is an efficiency KIT over the FULL kitchen.

yellowbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is annual usage.

I have not ever used this timeshare (which is why we would like to get it to someone who can use it). When I asked Masanutten for specifics regarding this property, I was told:

"You have purchased an Internal Exchange ownership at Woodstone in the Casa units for week 43. Woodstone is a fixed week, floating unit project here at Massanutten, which means that you will always own your fixed week 43, however your unit must be reserved each and every year. Further, the Internal Exchange option you selected means that you will have access each and every year to one half of a two-bedroom Casa unit. One year you will get the full kitchen unit (one bedroom sleep 4) and the next you will get the efficiency unit (one bedroom sleep 4) on an alternating basis."

We do have a deed, and there are no mortgages or liens. I hope this helps.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never stayed at the Casa De Campo, but have stayed at many other Massanutten partial kitchens. Those that I have stayed in have a full fridge and dishwasher. No stove or oven. They have a microwave, a toaster over (uselessly small and cheap) and a two burner hot plate (nice one). The big draw for me and why I prefer them is that they have a grill on the deck. I actually prefer this so seek this side out. If it is important just email the Casa email and ask to verify.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The only Massanutten units in II as far as I know are the Mountainside Villas. Massanutten is a decent resort and part of Vacation Villages, which typically gives owners some perks periodically. At Massanutten, in particular, they incentivize early payment of MFs by rewarding owners with leftover weeks deposited with RCI in their last months of useability. The intent is to allow you to get a boost in trading power through combining with your week, though it isn’t guaranteed. Overall a pretty good trader.

yellowbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like it has a total trading power of 13, and currently is at 12 for this year.

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our family banks it in RCI. I do not know if you can also use II.

I have a Woodstone at Massanutten Luxury unit(s) that I’ve never used.
I used to bank it with RCI, but I gave up the membership. The resort has some kind of affiliation with RCI, but I have been spacebanking with DAE. Just depends if you want to spend money for an RCI membership if you don’t have one already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Does someone else own the opposite side? Is this a separate timeshare from the other side?

yellowbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
Silentg - I'm not sure I understand your question. This timeshare gives access each and every year to one half of a two-bedroom Casa unit. One year you will get the full kitchen unit (one bedroom sleep 4) and the next you will get the efficiency unit (one bedroom sleep 4) on an alternating basis. The owner would have a private entrance.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Ok, I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear. Is the deed for the one side of the two bedroom or is there someone else on the deed that owns the other part of the two bedroom?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Actually, the way Massanutten sells them is as every other year units with an internal exchange for 1/2 of the lockout. They do that in the Summit units as well. That’s why one year it’s a full kitchen and the other a partial one. Most of their units are fixed week floating unit types.

yellowbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is the information I put in the description. The deed is for a sole owner for the one bedroom unit, and there is no one else on the deed.