• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescind my Timeshare

Sree

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Tuscany, Orlando
Hi i have brought a timeshare at Hilton Grand Vacations Tuscany, Orlando during my stay at Elara in Vegas on 04/28/2018. I want to rescind my purchase now. Did i pass my rescission period already. Which state rescission laws apply to me? Orlando or Nevada? Please help me as i want to get out of it.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
In Florida (where you bought) it's 10 days. So you may want to get the letter in the mail ASAP. You'll sleep better.

Sree

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In Florida (where you bought) it's 10 days. So you may want to get the letter in the mail ASAP. You'll sleep better.
Thank you..And is it 10 business days?Even though i will do it right away

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
No - it's 10 calendar days.

during my stay at Elara in Vegas

But it appears that you bought it in Nevada, so Nevada law applies.

Sree

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it's 10 calendar days. But you can google it as well as I can. Why push it? There are sample rescission letters all over TUG, just be sure all signers of the contract sign the rescission letter. Send it Certified w/return receipt.

Glad you found TUG.

Jim

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Nevada is 5 days.

Sree

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am Kinda Confused now.. Is it Nevada or Florida?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
OOPS! My BAD!!! I read Orlando, but you bought in Nevada! That's not good!
Here:
Right to Cancel a Timeshare Purchase in Nevada
In Nevada, you may cancel, by written notice, the contract of sale for a timeshare purchase up until midnight of the fifth calendar day following the date you signed the contract (Nev. Rev. Stat. § 119A.410(1)). The contract of sale must include a statement of the right to cancel.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your right to rescind is based on the state where you sign the contract - not where the resort is located.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have until midnight of the 5th day after signing the contract. That's yesterday by my math. Better get moving!

Sree

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
OOPS! My BAD!!! I read Orlando, but you bought in Nevada! That's not good!
Here:
Right to Cancel a Timeshare Purchase in Nevada
In Nevada, you may cancel, by written notice, the contract of sale for a timeshare purchase up until midnight of the fifth calendar day following the date you signed the contract (Nev. Rev. Stat. § 119A.410(1)). The contract of sale must include a statement of the right to cancel.
DAMN! i might need to read over the contract to find the rescission time to be sure.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think you have time. You might just be a brand new timeshare owner. Our experience is that HGVC is not as hard nosed as some other TS companies, but facts are facts- you're beyond the legally required rescission date in Nevada.

Sree

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In the scenario that i passed my rescission date...what would be my options here? i took a monthly finance option and paid a initial deposit of 2k on a property of 19k.

Sree

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How can i get out of this with minimum damage??

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can i get out of this with minimum damage??
If it was me- I'd get the rescission letter out TODAY- FAX if that's allowed. FED-EX if you have to. Smoke signals. Prayers. Even if it's late, they might process it. But with full knowledge that you may be an owner of the contract that you signed.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sree, Since you first asked the question at 4:00 p.m. Las Vegas time on the 6th day after signing the contract, there isn't much that can be done.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
In the scenario that i passed my rescission date

Before you go down that road, I would advise that you get a certified rescission letter in the mail today. HGVC might honor it. Just make sure that you get all parties on the original contract sign it. Follow the instructions in your package.

Sree

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If it was me- I'd get the rescission letter out TODAY- FAX if that's allowed. FED-EX if you have to. Smoke signals. Prayers. Even if it's late, they might process it. But with full knowledge that you may be an owner of the contract that you signed.
Yes, i am the only one on the contract

Sree

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Before you go down that road, I would advise that you get a certified rescission letter in the mail today. HGVC might honor it. Just make sure that you get all parties on the original contract sign it.
What is ceritified rescission letter? Is it any different than the sample ones online?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Sorry, certified mail or certified receipt.

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You might still win on 10 day rule because the property is located in florida and as such might be subject to Florida law (as well as Nevada law).

Hgvc is also headquartered in florida. I would read the contract for cancelation terms and coditions and try to comply. . Then if worse comes to worse and they reject you because of Nevada law, you can try to sue to get out in florida. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Sree

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi everyone.. I just went through my Rescission rights in the package i received. It clearly says "..you must notify the developer in writing of your intent to cancel within seven calendar days of receipt of the public report or the date you sign the purchase contract.."

Sree

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I found a letter that says
"STATE OF CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF REAL ESTATE SUBDIVISONS
RESCISSION RIGHTS(Time Share) "
I am resident of california..and What all do i need to enclose in this certified mail?