• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Upcoming HGVC Resorts

spdhanr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Recently attended HGVC Timeshare presentation at King's land and the sales manager told me there are new HGVC resorts coming up at San Francisco, Barbados and Mexico (did not mention which city).

Just wanted to put it out there as I did not know if this is common knowledge and been reading on a lot of forum discussions that Tuggers have been wanting a Caribbean HGVC location. They also did not want to share the timeline for these upcoming resorts. I have been eyeing the HGV stock so discussed how hey were doing as a company at length.

Cheers,
Sai

colatown

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
There is also the chance none of this is true, salespeople have been known to lie and stretch the truth.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
And if there is a San Fran location a I’m sure it will be a “by Hilton club” location, not a HGVC location.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I wouldn't hold my breath on any of these.
I'm still waiting on the Maui resort. :ponder:

spdhanr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. But since it is a publicly traded company, I thought they would actively try to add locations as soon as they can?

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
They have gone to a little trouble to differentiate the HGVC resort properties and the "by Hilton Club" properties. My guess is they are going to work to expand the "by Hilton Club" locations, and make two clubs where last minute unsold/unrented inventory can be shared. I understand the two clubs are already partially seperate, made more so by actions earlier this year. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm still figuring out HGVC.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
There most recent annual report mentioned possible expansion to new markets such as Asia Pacific, Mexico and the Caribbean. No specifics were mentioned, so its really hard to extract much from that. To be honest that location were all listed under International Business Risks.

Someone posted a new article to one of the FB groups yesterday about HGVC and The Crane in Barbados... The article is almost a year old.. So maybe something is in works, or maybe the deal collapsed...

http://www.nationnews.com/nationnews/news/97990/crane-hoping-deal-hilton

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I wouldn't hold my breath on any of these.
I'm still waiting on the Maui resort. :ponder:

I heard that Maui was dead at this time. However, it could be erected in the future if conditions change. We all wish that there were more HGVC locations so we could use our points to go to new places rather than lose value and converting to HHonors or paying for hotel rooms. There have been negative comments about the over saturation of resorts in Hawaii, Orlando, and Las Vegas; I agree there seems to be to many in those locations. However, I heard that in Oahu, which has so many HGVC timeshares already, they are looking at building another or taking over a building and converting it to timeshares. Knowing how difficult it is to book Oahu I would say that HGVC may be over saturated there, they need to be due to the tremendous demand.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I think you learn more by listening to the investor update calls from HGVC management rather than what gets “enhanced” on by sales, because as you say its a public traded company now.

Owner updates are useless, avoid at all costs.

I’m sorry but your post is useless, we see these all the time from people that just attended a sales presentation and nothing ever comes from the hoohah the sales people shovel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
There most recent annual report mentioned possible expansion to new markets such as Asia Pacific, Mexico and the Caribbean. No specifics were mentioned, so its really hard to extract much from that. To be honest that location were all listed under International Business Risks.

Someone posted a new article to one of the FB groups yesterday about HGVC and The Crane in Barbados... The article is almost a year old.. So maybe something is in works, or maybe the deal collapsed...

http://www.nationnews.com/nationnews/news/97990/crane-hoping-deal-hilton

Interesting... I found this thread about HGVC and the Crane in TripAdvisor

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147262-i230-k10212705-The_Crane_semi_take_over-Barbados.html

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
+1 what @SmithOp said. Investor calls and SEC filings are the best source because the CEO can go to jail if their filings and investor representations are inaccurate thanks to legislation such as Sarbanes-Oxley.

Sales reps are not a good source.

PDXGolfer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Bdpd

TUG Member
Reaction score

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

I find the speculation about Barbados to be fascinating. I am speculating here myself, but could we see a model where existing properties that are in prime locations "join" a system like HGVC -- HGVC buys the mud weeks from the developer, and the platinum/gold weeks are given the option to trade via the HGVC system?

This may already be going on with other systems (Fiesta Americana?) that are more mature, but it would be fascinating to see this become a model for expanded access that is capital light. I don't understand the Fiesta Americana model and would appreciate any insight on how the inventory is made available. Interesting.

Best,

Greg

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
This may already be going on with other systems (Fiesta Americana?) that are more mature, but it would be fascinating to see this become a model for expanded access that is capital light. I don't understand the Fiesta Americana model and would appreciate any insight on how the inventory is made available.

I just know that FA & HGVC has some kind of shared inventory agreement. I don’t really know how much that they share. I do know around this time of year +/- month, the inventory for Feburary of next year in FA-Los Cabos shows up. I will also add, that we are treated like FA owners when going to FA. I did go on an “owners update” while there the first trip. It was very interested because they presented that FA & HGVC have a strong link/bond/interchange. In fact, their presentation materials show several of the HGVC properties.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I think recently FA owners were complaining that their access to HGV system had become more restricted than HGV owners to Fiesta. There has to be some kind of internal payment involved and maybe FA got tired of paying it.

I’m heading down to FA Los Cabos in May in a 2BR and totally looking forward to it. The off season prices are dirt cheap for points and we love the resort.