• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does Wyndham make owning more than one timeshare easy?

percheazy

Reaction score
i was just wondering if owning more than one Wyndham timeshare is pretty easy to maintain. Are both mf combined each month? Are points combined together on the account?

If there are two timeshares and combined they are cheaper than one timeshare with the exact same amount of points, would there be any downside to just buying the two vs the one? (By cheaper I mean mf)

Dave Landry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City Beach
i was just wondering if owning more than one Wyndham timeshare is pretty easy to maintain. Are both mf combined each month? Are points combined together on the account?

If there are two timeshares and combined they are cheaper than one timeshare with the exact same amount of points, would there be any downside to just buying the two vs the one? (By cheaper I mean mf)

All your contracts will be together under one account with one bill. different home resorts have different maintenance fee costs. When booking 10 months or less in advance all points can be used together .booking between 10 and 13 months in advance is called ARP and available at the home resort of the points contract or at over 70 locations I'd you own CWA points instead of deeded at 1 resort.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Sorry I don't remember the figure but if you own more than something like 230,000 points in one deed or contract your program fees are a little lower. So you could pay a little more in program fees with two smaller deeds/contracts compared to one larger one. However I don't think it amounts to enough, even over time, not to go for two cheap deeds/contracts.

It used to be that you could have more than one use year start/end date on multiple deeds in the same account which some people liked and others didn't. However since the new website last May Wyndham has been eliminating that.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry I don't remember the figure but if you own more than something like 230,000 points in one deed or contract your program fees are a little lower. So you could pay a little more in program fees with two smaller deeds/contracts compared to one larger one. However I don't think it amounts to enough, even over time, not to go for two cheap deeds/contracts.

It used to be that you could have more than one use year start/end date on multiple deeds in the same account which some people liked and others didn't. However since the new website last May Wyndham has been eliminating that.
Your right minimum program fees are based on around 230k points. But I thought that was based on total points of all contracts owned. I don’t have any contracts under 230k points to know for sure. Maybe someone with smaller contracts can clear that up

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
It is based upon the total points per year.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

That’s not true Jan

I don’t remember the exact number either but you are close with that. Where you are off is that the number is the total of all the accounts in the account. It dosent matter whether you have one 231000 point contract or three 77000 point contracts, the program fee will be the same

percheazy

Reaction score
So if I was to ever come across a really low mf fee on two contracts with fewer points (i.e. $4/1000) it would be worth the trouble rather than going for one contract with the same amount of points but higher mf overall (i.e. $6/1000)?

And I understand that it's all situational, but the fees of two contracts combined that beat one contract isn't going to creep up with other fees or headaches when you own two timeshares instead of one?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
That’s not true Jan

I don’t remember the exact number either but you are close with that. Where you are off is that the number is the total of all the accounts in the account. It dosent matter whether you have one 231000 point contract or three 77000 point contracts, the program fee will be the same

Thanks Ron. I looked for the info on the Wyndham website but couldn't find it. That's why I settled for saying I wouldn't let it deter me from going for several cheap small deeds or contracts. Cheap or free except for the closing cost and transfer fee is hard to beat.

If the maintenance fees are high I wouldn't be interested even if it was free but some people aren't as hung up on owning at resorts with lower maintenance fees as I am. Quite often in the beginning people are sure they won't ever need or want more than say a couple of hundred thousand points, but after they start going to the resorts find they want two or three times that many points. After a few years of adding deeds or contracts to their portfolio they start looking at the maintenance fees and comparing what they pay for the different deeds and contracts. Then they start divesting themselves of the high maintenance fee ones. I won't say it is money wasted because they got to use the points but looking back they might have been more selective if they knew then what they know now. However an important thing to remember as Ron and others have advised in other posts, if you want to be able to go to a particular resort at a specific peak/high demand time, especially if you need something larger than a two bedroom unit, it is advantageous to own there even if the maintenance fees are higher.

Last edited:

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Up front you'll pay transfer fees on each contract, depending on the seller arrangements of course. That could add up quickly if you were to pick up a bunch of little contracts vs. one or two larger ones, but in your scenario with just two the extra transfer fee would likely be recouped pretty quickly if the MF are much lower.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Given how Wyndham does not make it easy when you own just one timeshare, I would say there is no way they can make easier to own more than one.

And in certain situations - i.e. if you own a deeded week at certain legacy resorts - they can actually make it way more difficult. Too many systems that dont talk with each other or even seem to know the other system exists.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not burdened with any knowledge here, but would adding a WorldMark contract to your Wyndham one add more resorts to choose from as well as the points?

Jim

Dave Landry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City Beach
Not burdened with any knowledge here, but would adding a WorldMark contract to your Wyndham one add more resorts to choose from as well as the points?

Jim

Would be good to book worldmark timeshares only. Will give you more resorts but 2 separate timeshares and very different points system. The points will not be added together, just like if you bought Disney or any other timeshare outside of Wyndham