• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Primo Management Group real or scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAH703

Reaction score
There is a timeshare exit company called Primo Management Group that appears to be legit...this thread is for pros/cons of PMG

RAH703

Reaction score
Hoping someone has experience with this company, since they sound legit...would appreciate any feedback ASAP!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Looking at all of the glowing, wonderful, fantastic experience reviews in the BBB in the last few months, I can't help but think they are written by shills.

As a consumer advocate agency, we help to negotiate the release of your timeshare contract obligation.We do not buy, sell, or rent your timeshare.Simply put, we help you to get out of your timeshare forever.

If they were so successful I can't believe we wouldn't have heard of them.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
what about them "seems to be legit"?

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a timeshare exit company called Primo Management Group that appears to be legit...

So.....in your first post on your first day of TUG registration, you proclaim that this Primo Management Group (never heard of 'em) "appears to be legit". Do you happen to know if there are bona fide magicians and / or sorcerers in this (alleged) "exit company"? :shrug:

No offense, but I see no reason whatsoever to agree with you. All "exit / relief / rescue / escape" operations are generally worthless (but expensive) parasites (IMnsHO). You may or may not be just a shill for this particular one. If so, you are very brave --- not many people are willing to step boldly forward and try to "sell refrigerators to the eskimos". :D

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
So...in your first post on your first day of TUG registration, you proclaim that this "Primo" outfit (never heard of 'em) "appears to be legitimate". Are they perhaps bona fide magicians, since you assert that they are an "exit" company? :shrug:

No offense, but I see no reason whatsoever to agree with you. On the contrary, I believe you to be a very unconvincing shill, although I admire your boldness. Not many people are willing to step forward to try to "sell refrigerators to eskimos". :D

I think we should give RAH703 a hand for jumping on TUG and in his very first posts, asking about this wonderful, sounds-legit company that just wants to help us. Doesn't Primo sound legit? What could go wrong?

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Hoping someone has experience with this company, since they sound legit...would appreciate any feedback ASAP!

They may, or may not, do what they say they will do. Fact is they are going to charge you thousands of dollars upfront and keep your money for 12 months all the while you don't know exactly what they are doing for you. If you have thousands of dollars to gamble it's your money. If you don't, what have you done thus far to try to give it away? Do you owe money on it? Have you contacted the HOA for a deed back in lieu of foreclosure?

For whatever reason, many people, and I am not saying you in particular, start with trying to sell their timeshare for $1,000 and buyer paying all closing fees and go all the way to asking TUG about paying some relatively unknown company thousands of dollars upfront. They skip everything in between.

RAH703

Reaction score
what about them "seems to be legit"?
They don't promise to "sell" the timeshare; they basically nag the resort to let you out of the contract, citing false promises or misleading information that many timeshare companies make at the original sale. Knowing that it's a pain for the resort (especially for smaller ones) to be hassled by a company that knows what it's doing, the resorts often give in and let the person out of the contract. This is consistent with the suggested approach that I read about on some mortgage/law-oriented websites.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
thats what all the "cancellation/exit" firms claim to do....after charging you huge upfront fees.

what efforts have you made thusfar to give your ownership back to the resort, or give it away for $1?

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
They don't promise to "sell" the timeshare; they basically nag the resort to let you out of the contract, citing false promises or misleading information that many timeshare companies make at the original sale. Knowing that it's a pain for the resort (especially for smaller ones) to be hassled by a company that knows what it's doing, the resorts often give in and let the person out of the contract. This is consistent with the suggested approach that I read about on some mortgage/law-oriented websites.
The timeshare company is not your spouse, you can’t nag them into submission! You signed a legally binding contract and you’re on the hook. If you financed through a third party, they paid the timeshare company and they’re going to want their money. Nothing you do or say will get you out of that obligation short of bankruptcy. The resorts could care less how much they are nagged. If you don’t keep up your payments they will send it to collections and foreclose on you. That still won’t negate your loan.
The only card you have is if your timeshare is paid off some of the resorts will take your deed back if you pay them, but you don’t need this company for that. Your other option is to give it away but that only works if it’s payed off and it’s one someone will want.

Whatever mortgage/law oriented websites you were reading were obviously written by people who were smoking crack because you’d have to be high to think you could nag someone to give back money that you signed legal paperwork for.

Good luck but I wouldn’t do it even if someone else was paying for it!

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
They don't promise to "sell" the timeshare; they basically nag the resort to let you out of the contract, ....<snip>.... it's a pain for the resort (especially for smaller ones) to be hassled by a company.....

Wishful thinking, bordering on silly. Resorts (particularly smaller ones) don't just cave in to being "nagged".
Hope springs eternal, but it just ain't so; beliefs to the contrary notwithstanding. I state this from direct, first hand personal experience as a (now former, by choice) Board member at a smaller independent resort. "Deedbacks" are considered on some occasions due to extenuating circumstances (death, severe disability, etc.) but never by succumbing to "nagging".

You don't need any "middleman" to request HOA acceptance of a "deedback" --- ask for yourself. However, if you want to believe that you can simply write a check for thousands of dollars to some unknown entity and then somehow magically and effortlessly just "be done" with your legal obligations, it is certainly your prerogative to harbor that unrealistic belief.

If you're not just a shill doing some preliminary "name dropping" to create exposure for a heretofore unknown entity, I will merely note that it's your money, but forewarned is forearmed.

Last edited:

Sean Chesser

Reaction score
Good Morning,

My name is Sean Chesser and i am the one of the owners of Primo Management Group and I read some of your comments that have been written about our company. I agree with some of the stuff that has been written regarding scams within this industry, regarding resales and other exit companies. I think it is sad that people cast stones without first doing their research or even calling the company to find out. I would encourage any of you to call in to our office and i can physically prove what we do and in fact i am so transparent that we can call all 70 positive reviews on the BBB together and you can talk to each one of them and i will show you there release, not everybody is a scam artist and some people while making a living are out to try to help people. In life you don't need any “middleman” for anything like, court,fixing car,negotiate credit card debt, deliver pizza and etc. I think you get my point. People call us for our service because they have tried that already and it didn't work or they don't know where to start or have the time to do it. It’s really sad how negative people are today and how they immediately think everything is a scam and to jump down the person's throat because they were asking a question about our company is crazy, isn't the forum for this reason. The real scam everybody in here should be mad at is the resort. They sell you a piece of paper that has no value and most cant even use it, you don't own anything at all. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!! I am not putting number of our company because i am not advertising here but we work really hard to show people there are good people out there that do want to help and i am not going to sit back and not defend our work. I encourage any of you to call in and we can prove it to you and not verbally that's what got you the timeshare in the first place was verbal nonsense it will not get you out remember that.

Sean Chesser

Reaction score
Looking at all of the glowing, wonderful, fantastic experience reviews in the BBB in the last few months, I can't help but think they are written by shills.

If they were so successful I can't believe we wouldn't have heard of them.
Call in and we can prove it to you, again don't cast stones and especially if you don't know.

Sean Chesser

Reaction score
The timeshare company is not your spouse, you can’t nag them into submission! You signed a legally binding contract and you’re on the hook. If you financed through a third party, they paid the timeshare company and they’re going to want their money. Nothing you do or say will get you out of that obligation short of bankruptcy. The resorts could care less how much they are nagged. If you don’t keep up your payments they will send it to collections and foreclose on you. That still won’t negate your loan.
The only card you have is if your timeshare is paid off some of the resorts will take your deed back if you pay them, but you don’t need this company for that. Your other option is to give it away but that only works if it’s payed off and it’s one someone will want.

Whatever mortgage/law oriented websites you were reading were obviously written by people who were smoking crack because you’d have to be high to think you could nag someone to give back money that you signed legal paperwork for.

Good luck but I wouldn’t do it even if someone else was paying for it!
Sometimes the Resort will take it back and we encourage you to try that first and if they do you don't need us. In most case's you can't sell it because the resort has the first right to refusal and more than likely they will and if your lucky and they don't it's called a quit claim deed transfer and you can still be liable if fees are not paid. Please, you have to be careful in giving some of the advise that you guys are giving because it can hurt a lot of people more in the long run.

Sean Chesser

Reaction score
Wishful thinking. Resorts (particularly smaller ones) don't cave to "nagging".
Hope springs eternal, but it just ain't so; beliefs to the contrary notwithstanding.

You don't need any "middleman" to request HOA acceptance of a "deedback" --- ask for yourself. However, if you want to believe that you can simply write a check for thousands of dollars to some unknown entity and then somehow magically and effortlessly just "be done" with your legal obligations, it is surely your prerogative to have that unrealistic pipe dream.

It's your money to waste, but forewarned is forearmed.
I addressed the "middleman" you don't need one in anything you do in life but most of us do because we don't have the time or the expertise and we are always looking for the best outcome, thats why we hire a professional.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I addressed the "middleman" you don't need one in anything you do in life but most of us do because we don't have the time or the expertise and we are always looking for the best outcome, thats why we hire a professional.

I'm certainly not going to engage in debate with you, but (speaking only for myself) if I want "professional" services in regard to representation in any timeshare related matter, I personally would only choose to utilize a licensed attorney, one I've met face to face and who I know to be well versed and well experienced with timeshares. To each their own, of course, but I would never pay money to any of the (far too many) obscure, upfront fee "escape / relief / exit / rescue" outfits. I've never actually heard of yours before, although (unverified) BBB info suggests that "Primo Management Group" of Orlando, FL has been in business for two years. There are certainly plenty of others, most having been around a lot longer, but the song they sing is basically always the same, being some version of "trust us --- we are experts at Houdini-like escapes, we know the magical "exit" secrets, we offer a money back guarantee, look at our many happy camper testimonials, etc." :rolleyes:

The indisputable and fundamental fact of the matter is that timeshare ownership is a contractual legal obligation. There are no secret elixirs or verbal reassurances or promises or song and dance routines (...or "nagging") that can just somehow magically alter that fact. The so-called "Viking Ship" operations are essentially committing knowing and willful fraud, so that's certainly not a viable option for any owner looking for a lawful departure from their timeshare ownership, since that unwise choice can boomerang back to "bite them in the behind" later.

It's forward progress that some of the big "chains" have now voluntarily adopted their own internal "deedback" programs (with no middleman required), among them being Wyndham, Diamond and Westgate (although Westgate charges $900).

I certainly don't begrudge anyone trying to make a living; I simply do not believe in your "model" (or in your credibility).
Everyone is certainly entitled to their own viewpoint --- that's mine.

Last edited:

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
I encourage you to do your research and call and see for yourself.

So are you willing to do one of these timeshare exits where the timeshare owner pays you after you get rid of their timeshare ?

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
In most cases you can't sell it because the resort has the first right to refusal...

Right out of the gate, this statement is factually incorrect and makes no sense. To the best of my knowledge and belief, only Hyatt, HGVC and Marriott actually have (and they don't always even choose to exercise) right of first refusal. I am unaware of any independent (non-chain) timeshare anywhere that has ROFR. ROFR, to ever be exercised at all, must first be overtly authorized within the resort condo governing documents, or CC&R's (covenants, conditions and restrictions).

There is a fair amount of first hand knowledge and experience with timeshare matters on this TUG site. If you are going to make any blanket statements or proclamations, please consider first making sure that they are factually accurate and make at least a modicum of sense (unlike your odd and grossly inaccurate statement quoted above).

Edited to add: DVC apparently also has ROFR, as pointed out by another poster (and as previously unknown to me).

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
So are you willing to do one of these timeshare exits where the timeshare owner pays you after you get rid of their timeshare ?

I would add lawfully "get rid of" to the question, but I frankly expect to hear only "crickets" in further response anyhow. ;)

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
always a treat when a new user shows up to promote an upfront fee company, then an employee of the company shows up a few days later.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
always a treat when a new user shows up to promote an upfront fee company, then an employee of the company shows up a few days later.

But you do have to admire their boldness, walking confidently into the lion's den wearing fresh meat-scented cologne! :D

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Good Morning,

My name is Sean Chesser and i am the one of the owners of Primo Management Group and I read some of your comments that have been written about our company. I agree with some of the stuff that has been written regarding scams within this industry, regarding resales and other exit companies. I think it is sad that people cast stones without first doing their research or even calling the company to find out. I would encourage any of you to call in to our office and i can physically prove what we do and in fact i am so transparent that we can call all 70 positive reviews on the BBB together and you can talk to each one of them and i will show you there release, not everybody is a scam artist and some people while making a living are out to try to help people. In life you don't need any “middleman” for anything like, court,fixing car,negotiate credit card debt, deliver pizza and etc. I think you get my point. People call us for our service because they have tried that already and it didn't work or they don't know where to start or have the time to do it. It’s really sad how negative people are today and how they immediately think everything is a scam and to jump down the person's throat because they were asking a question about our company is crazy, isn't the forum for this reason. The real scam everybody in here should be mad at is the resort. They sell you a piece of paper that has no value and most cant even use it, you don't own anything at all. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!! I am not putting number of our company because i am not advertising here but we work really hard to show people there are good people out there that do want to help and i am not going to sit back and not defend our work. I encourage any of you to call in and we can prove it to you and not verbally that's what got you the timeshare in the first place was verbal nonsense it will not get you out remember that.

I don't believe that any timeshare company is going to let someone out or even more ridiculous give money back who still owes money on it without making them sign a non disclosure statement. So no I don't see you being able to show 20+ release forms from the last several months. If they were going to let you out after some nagging then it would certainly be in their best interest to cut out the nagging middle man and let those who want out, out by paying the middle man's fee directly to them.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since TUG admin can see the IP address of posters, is there a chance that our newbie 'advocate' and the purported 'owner' could be similar- or even one and the same?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
they are not posting from the same IP no.

Status
Not open for further replies.