• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about rescinding my ownership

Tonz01

Reaction score
me and my wife bought the 105k points per year for 17k yesterday and today we came up to a conclusion that we need to rescind what we bought and it’s in the bonnet resort in Orlando I know that I’m all good if I send the cancellation letter within 10 days of when I signed now my question is I got is I got a tablet and a free 1 week rci that came with the contract do I need to return those as well and if I don’t can they hold that against me and not cancel my contract?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They will take back the 1 free week in RCI. For me, I would send back the tablet either in the same rescind mail or on a separate cover. They would still cancel without the tablet and they may subtract the refund by the cost of the tablet from the refund but no one has reported that to happen.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
me and my wife bought the 105k points per year for 17k yesterday and today we came up to a conclusion that we need to rescind what we bought and it’s in the bonnet resort in Orlando I know that I’m all good if I send the cancellation letter within 10 days of when I signed now my question is I got is I got a tablet and a free 1 week rci that came with the contract do I need to return those as well and if I don’t can they hold that against me and not cancel my contract?
No they cannot hold the tablet and free RCI week against you.
I’ve been told ounce your contract is downloaded to the tablet Wyndham cannot use it again. If they ask for it later. Send it back then.
You would’ve found out the free RCI week wasn’t worth much if anything. They’re very hard to use. If you don’t have an RCI account I don’t think you can use it anyway.
Just make sure that everyone signs the rescission letter that signed on the contract.
Send certified mail so you can track it. Ounce delivered print it off so you have proof Wyndham received it.
Welcome to TUG and you just saved a lot of $.

Last edited:

Tonz01

Reaction score
Ok thanks a lot for all this information and I’m very glad and happy I joined this forum group

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks a lot for all this information and I’m very glad and happy I joined this forum group
Bonnet Creek is a wonderful resort. You can buy resale for probably 80-90% less than what you paid if you still want to be an owner.

Tonz01

Reaction score
Bonnet Creek is a wonderful resort. You can buy resale for probably 80-90% less than what you paid if you still want to be an owner.

Defenitely that’s what made me say yes from the beggining I will look into it once my cancellation is done with

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Personally, I think 308K is a nice starter contract. It will get you a 2BR unit at Bonnet Creek any time of year and leave enough for a weekend or a week offseason in a 1BR Deluxe unit. 105K will get you 1BR Deluxe offseason at BC with about 20K left over.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you have TEN DAYS to rescind? Seem longer than others we've heard.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score

Tonz01

Reaction score
This is probably out of topic but I wanted to ask about the usps I’m from Canada so I wasn’t sure the way sending the mail works but when I went to the post office I told them I wanted priority mail and certified mail but instead it’s not showing certified mail but I got charged 3 dollars more for confirmed I was wondering for ppl that has the same exp as me is this going to be a problem

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Do you find them on eBay or through a broker?

They can be found through both. Also here on TUG in the timeshares for sale section and the Bargain Deals under the Buying, Selling, Renting forum. Maybe OP can recommend brokers they've dealt with.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
are plenty of places to find wyndham resale points for next to nothing...no need to buy something immediately!

patience will reward you with exactly what you are looking for, at an extremely cheap price!

Tonz01

Reaction score
By the way I’m in Florida for the next 4 days and going to Miami so I sent the mail through usps in Orlando

Tonz01

Reaction score
So I think instead of the lady at the post office giving me certified mail she gave me priority mail with delivery confirmation is this safe or should I resend another letter ??

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
This is probably out of topic but I wanted to ask about the usps I’m from Canada so I wasn’t sure the way sending the mail works but when I went to the post office I told them I wanted priority mail and certified mail but instead it’s not showing certified mail but I got charged 3 dollars more for confirmed I was wondering for ppl that has the same exp as me is this going to be a problem

It sounds like they sold you Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation instead of Certified Mail with a Return Receipt Requested. Should accomplish the same thing unless your contract specifies that the rescind letter must be sent by certified mail.

Once your mail is delivered, you should go to the USPS tracking site and print out the delivery confirmation screen.

If on the other hand the contract does specify Certified Mail, I would print another copy of the letter and send it the way they want. Return Receipt would be an extra cost option added to the certified service, and well worth it. It looks like you still have time for that. Remember the date you mail it is the important thing, not the date received. And just to reiterate because I'm a nudge, each person who signed the contract has to sign the rescission letter.

Tonz01

Reaction score
It sounds like they sold you Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation instead of Certified Mail with a Return Receipt Requested. Should accomplish the same thing unless your contract specifies that the rescind letter must be sent by certified mail.

Once your mail is delivered, you should go to the USPS tracking site and print out the delivery confirmation screen.

If on the other hand the contract does specify Certified Mail, I would print another copy of the letter and send it the way they want. Return Receipt would be an extra cost option added to the certified service, and well worth it. It looks like you still have time for that. Remember the date you mail it is the important thing, not the date received. And just to reiterate because I'm a nudge, each person who signed the contract has to sign the rescission letter.

Yup both me and m wife signed the letter and I’m gonna have to double check if it says I need it to be certified mail for the letter thanks for the info

Tonz01

Reaction score

Hello so I double checked the contract and it doesn' say anything about the mail having to be certified so since the lady at the post office did it the other way should I worry and draft another letter or should I just relax for now and see how it plays out I do have the recept of when I sent the lettrr

hk94

Reaction score
Hello so I double checked the contract and it doesn' say anything about the mail having to be certified so since the lady at the post office did it the other way should I worry and draft another letter or should I just relax for now and see how it plays out I do have the recept of when I sent the lettrr

Honestly, the cost of certified vs. the stress of worrying about this isn't worth it. I'd go back and send it certified. Just for piece of mind, even though you will probably be fine.

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
To rescind on the cheap, I have done this -
1-Hand write a simple letter to the Las Vegas address noted in the contract, signed by whoever the owners are
2-If you are still at a Wyndham location, go to the check in office and ask if you can send a fax. No need to explain why to them. Then fax the hand written letter.
3-After they return the letter with the fax received confirmation, make a copy, then mail it to the Las Vegas address as backup.
I have done that twice.
Took me a while to get smart enough to learn to say NO and buy only resale.