• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Delsil

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Vacation Club - Oceanwatch Resort Myrtle Beach
Marriott Vacation Club - Destination points
My wife and I have had our Marriott timeshare since 2009 with one week at Oceanwatch resort in Myrtle Beach, SC (which have never been to). In Fall 2016 they had an offer to enroll in point system at a fraction of the cost which I did because I like the idea of just using some points to go different places for less days. I have only used this timeshare twice and have not used my points as of yet. I did have points reserved for California but had to cancel so I banked them for 2019. I was a little confused on the fees as now I have a $195 annual fee on top of my annual $1200 dues. I would like to use this more but we just do not have time and would like to to sell this timeshare. The annual cost has gotten too much. Does anyone know a way to sell these out right or to Marriott?

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Marriott has a resales division that might list at least the week for you, and there are many third-party external brokers who can list Marriott weeks and points for sale. Post #11 in this thread: https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/giving-away-marriott-timeshares-advice-please.268423/ contains some information on the sales process that I posted in response to that poster's question. Much of that is relevant to you as well. That same thread also includes some contact info on Marriott Resales (https://www.marriottvacationclub.com/resales/index.shtml). Be advised that Marriott resales site seems to load very slowly, to the point you think it's not functioning, but it seems to always load in a minute or so. After that, it seems to respond fine.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I have had our Marriott timeshare since 2009 with one week at Oceanwatch resort in Myrtle Beach, SC (which have never been to). In Fall 2016 they had an offer to enroll in point system at a fraction of the cost which I did because I like the idea of just using some points to go different places for less days. I have only used this timeshare twice and have not used my points as of yet. I did have points reserved for California but had to cancel so I banked them for 2019. I was a little confused on the fees as now I have a $195 annual fee on top of my annual $1200 dues. I would like to use this more but we just do not have time and would like to to sell this timeshare. The annual cost has gotten too much. Does anyone know a way to sell these out right or to Marriott?
Also, the points from the Ocean Watch week don't transfer, only the underlying week would. And the buyer wouldn't be able to enroll at all for most situations.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please give a description of your week. But be advised that you cannot sell from this forum. You’d need to list it for sale in the MarketPlace.

But having the information listed below, would help us point you in the right direction for resale options.

1. Week number,
2. Location in relation to the ocean
3. Maintenance fees
And most importantly
4. Do you have a loan on your timeshare?

Thank you.

chris5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, the points from the Ocean Watch week don't transfer, only the underlying week would. And the buyer wouldn't be able to enroll at all for most situations.

What if the buyer were a Marriott DC points member? Would he be able to enroll the week in points?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What if the buyer were a Marriott DC points member? Would he be able to enroll the week in points?
The reason I said most situations is it can apparently sometimes be done but very expensively when they have a special as I understand it. You'd be buying a chunk of trust points matching the points you'd get for the week at retail price is the way I'm understanding it'd work. Granted I'm going by second hand information, I haven't specifically looked into it, I'm sure others here can say more specifically.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
The reason I said most situations is it can apparently sometimes be done but very expensively when they have a special as I understand it. You'd be buying a chunk of trust points matching the points you'd get for the week at retail price is the way I'm understanding it'd work. Granted I'm going by second hand information, I haven't specifically looked into it, I'm sure others here can say more specifically.

You are basically correct with one caveat...for the post-2010 external week enrollment offers they have offered the last couple of years, they did not require the purchase of matching points as they do with the Marriott Resale hybrid purchases, but instead required the purchase of specific points packages. To enroll one EY week or two EOY weeks required the purchase of 3000 Trust points, two EY weeks could be enrolled with the purchase of 4000 points, and I believe up to seven weeks could be enrolled with the purchase of 5000 points. They were always limited-time offers for a few months only.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You are basically correct with one caveat...for the post-2010 external week enrollment offers they have offered the last couple of years, they did not require the purchase of matching points as they do with the Marriott Resale hybrid purchases, but instead required the purchase of specific points packages. To enroll one EY week or two EOY weeks required the purchase of 3000 Trust points, two EY weeks could be enrolled with the purchase of 4000 points, and I believe up to seven weeks could be enrolled with the purchase of 5000 points. They were always limited-time offers for a few months only.
Thanks Jim, good to know and something I was going to have to specifically find out about as I now have (at least one more to come) several non qualifying weeks. It's unlikely it'll be reasonable for me to do so but I did want to explore the options so if something came along, I would be informed and could make a quick and appropriate decision. If anyone hears about a particularly good offer, please shoot me a note.

Delsil

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Vacation Club - Oceanwatch Resort Myrtle Beach
Marriott Vacation Club - Destination points
Please give a description of your week. But be advised that you cannot sell from this forum. You’d need to list it for sale in the MarketPlace.

But having the information listed below, would help us point you in the right direction for resale options.

1. Week number,
2. Location in relation to the ocean
3. Maintenance fees
And most importantly
4. Do you have a loan on your timeshare?

Thank you.
1. Week #47
2. Myrtle Beach, SC - Atlantic Ocean
3. Maint fees - $1200
4. No Loan