• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt CUP question

pinetree1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in the process to buy a Beach House week 10 unit. We are not able to use week 10 this year. Is it possible to reserve some other weeks at Beach House or other Hyatt resorts in 2018 before week 10 using the 2200 point of 2018 usage year or the 2018 year usage has to be completed by week 10?

If I have to transfer point to EEE, do I have to pay II membership fee & reservation fee?

Please help me to understand how the system works. Thanks.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
It all depends on when Hyatt completes the transfer and whether the week is actually reserved. Worst case you can cancel the week until the day before and the points will be placed into your account.

They will then be LCUP points for the next six months. That means you can use them for reservations anywhere with Hyatt, but only within 60 days of the stay.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are approx 30 BH weeks available at the moment and there are other properties available in 2018. The real question is what will be available when your ownership becomes active in the Hyatt system. At times it can take 45-60+ days for the sales process to run its course and your ownership to become active.

And when you say "Hyatt CUP" - are the points in CUP right now? If so, I'd expect they'll be in LCUP by the time the week is recorded in your name. You don't want LCUP points.

II membership fee is embedded in your annual HRC MF - when you pay your MF, you've paid your II membership fee.

pinetree1

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are approx 30 BH weeks available at the moment and there are other properties available in 2018. The real question is what will be available when your ownership becomes active in the Hyatt system. At times it can take 45-60+ days for the sales process to run its course and your ownership to become active.

And when you say "Hyatt CUP" - are the points in CUP right now? If so, I'd expect they'll be in LCUP by the time the week is recorded in your name. You don't want LCUP points.

II membership fee is embedded in your annual HRC MF - when you pay your MF, you've paid your II membership fee.

pinetree1

TUG Member
Reaction score
The point is in CUP now. Could I ask the seller to reserve any available week, even after week 10, in 2018 or my CUP usage has to be finished by week 10? Thank you!

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
The point is in CUP now. Could I ask the seller to reserve any available week, even after week 10, in 2018 or my CUP usage has to be finished by week 10? Thank you!

Yes - any reservation made by the seller will transfer to the buyer when the the ownership of the week transfers in the Hyatt's system. If the ownership of the week hasn't transferred to you at the time of check in, the seller would need to get a Hyatt Guest Certificate to put the reserved week into your name so you could check in.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
When I bought at Piñon Pointe, the seller had HRPP week reserved, and we had in the agreement that it would be transferred to the buyer.

However, the reservation was cancelled at the transfer and points put into CUP. I called Hyatt the next day and they reinstated the reservation.

pinetree1

TUG Member
Reaction score
So we can use any CUP reservation made by previous owner even the reserved week passes week 10, says week 46 in year 2018, as long as the reservation was made in CUP? I am afraid that the transfer will be after week 10. Thanks.

Cropman

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you can find a trade you want, have the current owner make it. Have them put your name on a guest certificate. It’s an extra few dollars but then you won’t lose the week.

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
My experience as a new buyer with a reservation made by the seller previous to closing with Hyatt. The reservation transferred to me, as did all of the points when the deal closed. It is stated somewhere in the Hyatt verbiage. Per my agreement with the seller, I issued a guest certificate for the reservation he made previous to closing. My first use was by agreement the following year. Seller paid the guest certificate fees. There has to be an certain amount of trust in both the seller and buyer to keep their agreement as there is about zero recourse once the points/reservation transfer.

liongate88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC (AUL), WKV, SVV, HGVC (BLVD, GW, Elara), HRC , WM
In Hyatt CUP points, how far advanced can you book in any available HRC inventory? Say can you book for Dec 2021 or Jan 2022 from now if available ? Or there is a limit only 6 months from you home week. Thanks

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
In Hyatt CUP points, how far advanced can you book in any available HRC inventory? Say can you book for Dec 2021 or Jan 2022 from now if available ? Or there is a limit only 6 months from you home week. Thanks

Any unit you can see in available inventory you can book with CUP points.

liongate88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can you book and stay with CUP points beyond your LCUP expiration? ( I have week 17, can I book any resort available week 50 from now) Or you have to book and stay before the expiration of annual points? Thanks

peas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your points will expire end of April 2021. If those points go to LCUP, then those points expire end of Oct 2021. If you see in mid April 2021 a booking for mid April 2022, you could book it (even if it's past the LCUP expiration). As DAman stated, you can book anything you can see in available inventory. However, the likelihood of seeing something a year out is unlikely since those owners just got their unit and they don't necessarily need to do anything immediately. In mid April, you're more likely to see availability for things 6 months out (October & maybe November).

liongate88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your points will expire end of April 2021. If those points go to LCUP, then those points expire end of Oct 2021. If you see in mid April 2021 a booking for mid April 2022, you could book it (even if it's past the LCUP expiration). As DAman stated, you can book anything you can see in available inventory. However, the likelihood of seeing something a year out is unlikely since those owners just got their unit and they don't necessarily need to do anything immediately. In mid April, you're more likely to see availability for things 6 months out (October & maybe November).
Thanks! Better understanding with HRC

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your points will expire end of April 2021. If those points go to LCUP, then those points expire end of Oct 2021.

As stated, while your points are in CUP you can book anything you see (up to a year out). Once they go into LCUP, you can only book 2 months out even though you can see farther than than. You also can NOT use LCUP points in Interval. So the "Limited" CUP points are truly limited.
Once your points reach the end of LCUP, the points go away.

Also in your example, your EEE (Extended Exchange for Interval) period ended Dec 2020. Most owners work very hard to not let points go into LCUP - so if you plan that 4 months ahead you can move points you think you may not use into Interval (or move points you plan to use in Interval). And those points are good in Interval until April of 2023. If you use Interval it is an effective way to extend the life of points. We use the same amount of our points in Interval every year and make sure we move ours before EEE is over.

Last edited: