• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free 14,000 points in Diamond Resorts US Collection

megamanics

Reaction score
Transfer fee waived if transfer is complete by end of this year.

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maintenance fees and related fees associated with these points? Also, what does 14,000 point "buy" someone during peak season? 2 bedroom unit for a week? 1 bedroom for a week?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

megamanics

Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yep, its always a great option to see if someone would take it willingly. sadly that % is very low these days and why the surrender program is so popular!

R.J.C.

unconfirmed
Reaction score
Actually, it's $250 per contract. For example, if the OP bought all 14,000 points at one time on one contract, then it would be $250 to transfer back to Diamond. If the OP bought 10,000 points initially and then another 4,000 points, that is two contracts and it would cost $500 to return to Diamond.

GinSteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Summit, Palace Resorts
We were told at a sales presentation when they tried to upgrade us to "the Club" that if you buy Diamond points on resale, the contract reverts to weeks at the home property, and does not give you points. I've had a hard time verifying that, but would like to know if anyone else was told that. (I got my week through a seller here.) The original owner never converted to points. I am not sure if they were just trying to scare me away from buying through TUG or if they really do covert them back. Any truth to that statement?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
GinSteve, can you ask(email) this question to someone directly at Diamond in Las Vegas?
This is my suggestion plus you would be eliminating a salesperson commission , who would be moving their lips. Plus, you will have something in writing from corporate.
Good luck.

DRIless

Reaction score
We were told at a sales presentation when they tried to upgrade us to "the Club" that if you buy Diamond points on resale, the contract reverts to weeks at the home property, and does not give you points. I've had a hard time verifying that, but would like to know if anyone else was told that. (I got my week through a seller here.) The original owner never converted to points. I am not sure if they were just trying to scare me away from buying through TUG or if they really do covert them back. Any truth to that statement?
Absolutely true, if and only if, the original weeks were deeded weeks. Normally the points are based on a "Collection" a group of resorts held in a trust; in this case the ownership reverts to the Collection and allows you to book within the Collection but with no other benefits of The Club. (How many more places have you posted this question?)