• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need help rescinding contract.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
That's a bit 'wordy', but will do. You don't need to give them any reason why you are rescinding. They will probably not give you any type of confirmation that they received your letter. That's what the post office receipt is for. Make sure you follow the mailing instructions to the letter & get a (delivery) receipt. You are very short on time. Any promotional materials (binder, DVD...) can be mailed separately by the cheapest means possible.

Congratulations on finding TUG & saving yourself a bundle! Stick around & learn all you can, then buy resale & enjoy!

~Diane

OleBlue

Reaction score
Do I need to mail the binder and CD b4 the 10th date as well?

OleBlue

Reaction score
That's a bit 'wordy', but will do. You don't need to give them any reason why you are rescinding. They will probably not give you any type of confirmation that they received your letter. That's what the post office receipt is for. Make sure you follow the mailing instructions to the letter & get a (delivery) receipt. You are very short on time. Any promotional materials (binder, DVD...) can be mailed separately by the cheapest means possible.

Congratulations on finding TUG & saving yourself a bundle! Stick around & learn all you can, then buy resale & enjoy!

~Diane
Thanks for responding, I did next day certified return signature That's what your talking about right? Also do I need to mail the binder,CD and tablet b4 the 10 days as well?

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello , I want to say thanks in advance,

Was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is efficient enough recind letter. I am planning on sending out today certified return receipt!!!

I can barely read the letter with a magnifying glass, but managed to do so. Frankly, it's unnecessarily "wordy"; I'd shorten it. You don't need to provide any reasons. The law provides you the right to rescind. I would instead simply state:

"We hereby exercise our legal right under applicable state law to rescind the contract described below":
(provide pertinent contract details here). Make sure the letter is signed by everyone who signed the original contract. The End. Send by certified USPS mail.

You've asked for written verification / confirmation, but there is no legal obligation for them to provide you with any such thing. Their one and only legal obligation is to process a timely and properly submitted rescission and issue 100% refund of deposit within 45 days. No more, no less.

Well done. Congratulations. :clap: You really and truly want nothing to do with the likes of Westgate. IMnsHO, they are "the worst of the worst" in the industry.

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for responding, I did next day certified return signature That's what your talking about right? Also do I need to mail the binder,CD and tablet b4 the 10 days as well?

You can state in your rescission letter that all other materials will be returned under separate cover.
That junk does not have to get there within the 10 days rescission period --- send it by the cheapest shipment means possible.

OleBlue

Reaction score
Thanks for responding! I mailed the Letter Yesterday next day express Certified return signature. I wasn't sure if you needed a reason or not and was getting near my 10 day mark so I just added in. One last question, I signed on the 16th and mailed it yesterday next day on the 24th but being that I came it after 3pm it ships out today and expected delivery is the 26th. Am I good does the date go the day mailed or the day received!

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for responding! I mailed the Letter Yesterday next day express Certified return signature. I wasn't sure if you needed a reason or not and was getting near my 10 day mark so I just added in. One last question, I signed on the 16th and mailed it yesterday next day on the 24th but being that I came it after 3pm it ships out today and expected delivery is the 26th. Am I good does the date go the day mailed or the day received!

The only date that matters is the date of the postmark on your rescission correspondence --- which is exactly why using USPS certified mail is so important.
Delivery date is irrelevant. Signature at receiving end is reassuring, but unnecessary. "Proof" is the USPS counter issued, date stamped, certified mail receipt.

Last edited:

OleBlue

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I will let post back with a update after I get one . Thanks again

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I will let post back with a update after I get one . Thanks again
Don't count on an update. They ARE required to process any rescission that arrives in time. They ARE NOT required to keep you informed as to the progress. You may not hear a peep out of them before a credit magically appears on your credit card. OTOH, you MIGHT get a call from someone trying to get you to change your mind. I'd advise you to just not answer calls from numbers you don't recognize.

Glad you found TUG in time. Now relax. There is no hurry to try to find a resale. You won't use it this year anyway, and the REAL bargains appear about the time the maintenance bills come out.

Jim

OleBlue

Reaction score
I was meaning I would give you guys An Update when it was over and the outcome . Thanks

WackyLucy

Reaction score
I was meaning I would give you guys An Update when it was over and the outcome . Thanks

They don't really have any choice if you follow the rescission instructions and act on time; it's the law. The developer sales slime will lie and exaggerate and obfuscate, but their corporate employer is not willing to actually violate the law and unnecessarily create legal problems for themselves.

Last edited:

Dam123

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate Resort
I need help!!!!! I just bout the Westgate Resort in Florida in 19 August 2017, got sucker in by the sale person stating that he will invest it for me, so that I can make money. He told me that, when, I go see another person in the office. That where you signed your contract and it's recorded. He also told me that don't tell them that your going to have him invest it for me. Once, I signed the contract, I try to call him multiple times and even text him. There wasn't a replied. I took the timeshare thinking that I was going to make money but, find out that it was a scam. All this maintenance fee and 2 years of paying tax no way in hell I can afford it. Thanks to this forum I have a 10 days grace period, I sent three letter on the 23 August 2017 to the following addressed of Westgate Palace, L.L.C. 2801 Old Winter Garden Road Ocoee, Florida 34761. I even look at the USPS tracking number and they have received it on 24 August 2017. Can someone please tell me how long does it take to get a respond, I need to cancel this as soon as possible

WackyLucy

Reaction score
I need help!!!!! I just bout the Westgate Resort in Florida in 19 August 2017, got sucker in by the sale person stating that he will invest it for me, so that I can make money. He told me that, when, I go see another person in the office. That where you signed your contract and it's recorded. He also told me that don't tell them that your going to have him invest it for me. Once, I signed the contract, I try to call him multiple times and even text him. There wasn't a replied. I took the timeshare thinking that I was going to make money but, find out that it was a scam. All this maintenance fee and 2 years of paying tax no way in hell I can afford it. Thanks to this forum I have a 10 days grace period, I sent three letter on the 23 August 2017 to the following addressed of Westgate Palace, L.L.C. 2801 Old Winter Garden Road Ocoee, Florida 34761. I even look at the USPS tracking number and they have received it on 24 August 2017. Can someone please tell me how long does it take to get a respond, I need to cancel this as soon as possible

You may never get a "response". The only obligation is for them to cancel the contract and issue a 100% refund of your deposit within 45 days if you submitted your rescission (cancellation) properly and on time. It probably won't take that long, but it actually could.

Florida state law allows you to cancel within 10 days, in writing only. There is absolutely nothing to be gained from (legally meaningless) telephone conversation, so don't call them and don't answer iany incoming incoming calls from them either.
You've taken the right steps to rescind (cancel). Let the law do its' work for you --- and stay off the phone.

I hope you sent your rescission by certified U.S. Mail and obtained a date stamped postmark receipt at the USPS counter. If not, then do it all over again --- correctly --- while you still have time.

Last edited:

Dam123

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate Resort
You may never get a "response". The only obligation is for them to cancel the contract and issue a 100% refund of your deposit within 45 days if you submitted your rescission (cancellation) properly and on time. It probably won't take that long, but it actually could.

Florida state law allows you to cancel within 10 days, in writing only. There is absolutely nothing to be gained from (legally meaningless) telephone conversation, so don't call them and don't answer iany incoming incoming calls from them either.
You've taken the right steps to rescind (cancel). Let the law do its' work for you --- and stay off the phone.

I hope you sent your rescission by certified U.S. Mail and obtained a date stamped postmark receipt at the USPS counter. If not, then do it all over again --- correctly --- while you still have time.
Yes the first one I sent an express mail and the other two is certified where it stamp on the day I sent, which in accordance of the tracking number they will receive it by today at 6 pm

WackyLucy

Reaction score
Yes the first one I sent an express mail and the other two is certified where it stamp on the day I sent, which in accordance of the tracking number they will receive it by today at 6 pm

It doesn't matter one bit when they receive your cancellation. All that matters is that (if necessary) you can prove with a USPS-issued, hand stamped paper receipt that your cancellation letter was postmarked within the time frame provided by state law to rescind (cancel), which is 10 days in Florida.

Dam123

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate Resort
Yes I got a receipt stating the date I sent the mail from the post