• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Park City Utah

Daddyaus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Fairfield Glade
Can anyone see Park City availability over the Christmas period? I can't see anything and I was wondering if it's just me.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Can anyone see Park City availability over the Christmas period? I can't see anything and I was wondering if it's just me.

I don't see any either. You are probably a little late to get Christmas week anywhere. To get Christmas week, if you don't have ARP at the resort, you need to be online the moment the standard reservations window opens at 10 months. It least that has been my experience.

Daddyaus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Fairfield Glade
Can you see anything either side of Christmas?

Daddyaus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Fairfield Glade
Also, does anyone know the points required to stay at Wyndham Park City?

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Also, does anyone know the points required to stay at Wyndham Park City?

Attached is the point chart for park city. Just about every Wyndham timeshare is booked for the last 2 weeks of December at this point in the year, every year. You would need to book in February to have a chance to book a reservation during the last 2 weeks of December.

Attachments

• R000000000170_viewchart.pdf
    20.2 KB · Views: 70

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Attached is the point chart for park city. Just about every Wyndham timeshare is booked for the last 2 weeks of December at this point in the year, every year. You would need to book in February to have a chance to book a reservation during the last 2 weeks of December.

Myrtle Beach has availability over Christmas if you like the beach. Then again, who doesn't like the beach. We're in Daytona Beach over Christmas. That is if Wyndham and it's dysfunctional piece of crap website abortion doesn't screw up and cancel my reservation. Odds are pretty good some owners will lose their holiday reservations because of the website. I base this on the performance of the piece of crap website Wyndham shoved down our throats.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Myrtle Beach has availability over Christmas if you like the beach. Then again, who doesn't like the beach. We're in Daytona Beach over Christmas. That is if Wyndham and it's dysfunctional piece of crap website abortion doesn't screw up and cancel my reservation. Odds are pretty good some owners will lose their holiday reservations because of the website. I base this on the performance of the piece of crap website Wyndham shoved down our throats.

That is why I said just about every and not every. The OP seemed surprised that he couldn't get a reservation at Park City during christmas 6 months out. There are a number of locations, mostly locations with lots of timeshares, such as, Myrtle Beach, SC, Florida, Princevilla, HI. Maybe a few others, where it can be easier to get last minute reservations.
Also I do completely agree with you on your opinion on the website.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it's skiing you were planning to do at Park City over Christmas, another option is Pagosa Springs. It's down the road from Wolf Creek and Telluride.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
If it's skiing you were planning to do at Park City over Christmas, another option is Pagosa Springs. It's down the road from Wolf Creek and Telluride.

Pagosa would be a good choice I will be there on July 2nd. It will be my second time there. Unfortunately as with Park City, no availability for Christmas

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pagosa would be a good choice I will be there on July 2nd. It will be my second time there. Unfortunately as with Park City, no availability for Christmas
Durango is nice too. They'll all one bedroom, but the location is great - Historical Downtown Durango.

Daddyaus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Fairfield Glade
I'm Australian so I'm just after somewhere with snow really. Christmas is usually very hot here

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I'm Australian so I'm just after somewhere with snow really. Christmas is usually very hot here

Your problem is most anyplace with snow will most likely be booked for Christmas already. You would have had to book at the 10 month point in February. If you want snow for Christmas. In the States that's most likely Colorado or Utah. I'm in California and I hit the slopes by staying at Wyndham Angels Camp. They are not generally in the snow but between 45 min and 1-1/2 hours driving time there are about 4 nice ski/board resorts. The problem is. You really can't count on much snow for Christmas in California. I usually go the end of January. For short notice during Christmas your best bet are beaches of someplace cold with no snow.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark

I did a Wyndham wide search, which didn't used to work on the new site but now it does, for Dec 22nd checkin for 7 nights. I found 2 places with snow.
1) A 2 BR at Wyndham vacation Resorts Smugglers' Notch Vermont for 147,500 points
2) A studio at Wyndham Taos New Mexico for 172,200

If you are willing to give up on snow there is availabity along the East Coast north of Florida. Very cold, maybe snow, but no skiing. There is Florida. There is Branson, MO. There is Las Vegas. And lastly, there's California, both in the mountains and on the coast. Both San Francisco and San Diego have availability.

Daddyaus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Fairfield Glade
Thank you very much for doing that, it's incredibly helpful :thumbup:

erniecrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Desert Blue
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Smugglers Notch
Hilton Las Vegas
I did a Wyndham wide search, which didn't used to work on the new site but now it does, for Dec 22nd checkin for 7 nights. I found 2 places with snow.
1) A 2 BR at Wyndham vacation Resorts Smugglers' Notch Vermont for 147,500 points
2) A studio at Wyndham Taos New Mexico for 172,200

If you are willing to give up on snow there is availabity along the East Coast north of Florida. Very cold, maybe snow, but no skiing. There is Florida. There is Branson, MO. There is Las Vegas. And lastly, there's California, both in the mountains and on the coast. Both San Francisco and San Diego have availability.
So where does one go to do a Wyndham wide search. Thank You

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
So where does one go to do a Wyndham wide search. Thank You
First you go to the availability calendar. You get to the availability calendar by selecting a resort in the search and not put any date. Then you click the forward button to move forward by month until you get to the month you want and you select the dates, and after you've done that you'll see a book button above and directly below the book button is a link that says run a new search with these dates, click that link and wait, it can take quite a while as in 30 seconds to a minute maybe even more. You either get the can't find anything error which is what I've gotten from time to time but yesterday it was working and it would display every Wyndham resort in the system that had availability during the dates you selected. Pretty cool when it works although extremely slow.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have club pass? The Worldmark Can more has availability, right in the heart of the rockies for either studio or 1 bedroom unit's.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Do you have club pass? The Worldmark Can more has availability, right in the heart of the rockies for either studio or 1 bedroom unit's.

It would sure be nice it I could see club pass availability online. So far I've found it is less expensive to rent WorldMark from a WorldMark owner then to use Club Pass. Plus renting from a WorldMark owner you can use a pretty cool WorldMark feature, I believe it is called a grouped reservation where you string several locations together into a single reservation. I did that last summer and stayed in 4 WorldMark resorts over 12 days. If I had done that with Club Pass, I would have paid $396. Just in the Club Pass fees. Plus if you rent, you don't have to wait until 9 months to book.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want snow for Christmas. In the States that's most likely Colorado or Utah.
Christmas and New Years can be "iffy" for snow conditions. In Colorado, Mother Nature usually cranks up the snow machine beginning about the second week of January.

Daddyaus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Fairfield Glade
I'd be happy with a light covering, it doesn't need to be ski worthy. I've actually only ever seen snow fall once in my life so expectations aren't to high

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I'd be happy with a light covering, it doesn't need to be ski worthy. I've actually only ever seen snow fall once in my life so expectations aren't to high

In that case you could consider Wyndham Angels Camp. If California interests you. They have 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms available. It's about a 2.5 hour drive from San Francisco intl airport. Lots to do in the area. No snow in Angels Camp so it's easy to get there by car. Good chance there will be some snow within 30 min drive.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Christmas is the busiest week of the year at a ski resort so it is very, very difficult to book a week now, at only 6 months before the trip. Park City, Breckenridge, Vail/Avon, and Lake Tahoe are amongst the areas which have world class ski resorts and a substantial ski town area that is entertaining and lively. Moreover, these towns contain a fair number of timeshares (not necessarily Wyndham). So, I definitely think that these ski towns are worth visiting from the other side of the world and you will enjoy the experience immensely. Slightly behind these tier 1 resorts is Steamboat Springs, which has a Worldmark/Wyndham timeshare and is a high end ski resort and town that may have Wyndham availability.

Since you are not an active skier, resorts in Vermont such as Smugglers Notch could be a fairly good choice and if they have a 2BR availability as indicated above, it would seem to be a no-brainer.

Aside from the above selections, I would note the second tier of ski towns w/ timeshares - Taos, Ketchum.

Another options are the towns in Colorado and Utah that have somewhat older timeshares which are 15 minutes drive from the ski resorts - Frisco, Dillon, Fraser, Midway, and Salt Lake City. There is nothing wrong with this selection but the timeshares tend to be a notch or two below in quality and the town is quite forgettable in addition to requiring a drive to the ski resort and back.

Given that you are coming from so far away, I would be inclined to say to use Redweek to rent the week that you desire in a top tier ski town such as Park City or Breckenridge. Or take the Smugglers Notch option. Good luck.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Although I've never stayed there, what about the Poconos? As others have mentioned, it's still a little early for definite snow, but there's a chance. And it's not a bad driving distance to NYC if that's an interest.