• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Club Wyndham Website (General Discussion)

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyn is not letting me PIC my weeks for 2018 yet. I need to do that.

Sick of the incompetence of Wyndham, and after talking to the gal at Wyndham yesterday, it seems we are being singled out as a problem account. She said almost everyone's accounts are apparently up and running.[/QU
Another day. Same result. Your account not available

Anybody get logged in that couldn't yesterday? If this was audit related some should be getting released along the way

Me neither. I was told today that resetting the password may help because the system scrambled peoples password. Anyone get that excuse yet.?

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
How long before the ongoing audit becomes harassment? Because of the length of the audit, I think a cease and desist letter to Wyndham is well deserved. It also sets up a paper trail and puts Wyndham on notice in case further action is needed.

Why not start a protest in front of Wyndhams resorts?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also think this about those last minute realignments. For example
You had a 500,000 point contract with a use yr. ending 6-30 and between credit pooling- reservations you used all the points.
Then they realigned that use yr. 12-31 and add 250,000 points your account your prorated amount for 6 mo.

What they are calling audits is they are trying to figure out if you should get those 250,000 points.

They locked our accounts while auditing themselves. That great special department they created to realign use yrs.
Is what they are auditing

This may have started out as an audit. With all the points deeded to all the owners at all the different resorts compiled with all the owner contracts, all the members numbers and VIP discounted points used, etc., I believe it's now out of control. I don't how an algorithm can sort through all of this. If it's now a manual audit of all suspended accounts, good luck. It is possible data was lost or corrupted during the audit.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why not start a protest in front of Wyndhams resorts?

If you can access your points you can stay at a resort if you come from are out of state to protest.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Me neither. I was told today that resetting the password may help because the system scrambled peoples password. Anyone get that excuse yet.?

It looks like the vacation counselors are taking a page from the sales weasels playbook. The chapter on Lying. . .

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score

I called in with the 3 then 2 method and got right through.

I got the "the name needs to be a perfect match as to what is on the deed." It didn't work. I changed my password. It didn't work. I try to re-register and it tells me that I already have an account.

I have a lowly, resale only account with 3 contracts in there (albeit one of them is an affiliate) with two even year contracts and one annual. I have a one week 2 bdrm deluxe reservation in my own name. This is a small potatoes account and it is still showing as unavailable.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe you are on to something. I have one contract with a June 30 use year (all others are Dec 31) that THEY failed to realign, although I was discussing as recently as the week of the conversion (and that contract realignment still hadn't happened) ...

They have got to stop transacting on this new system until they have things figured out. How in the world are they ever going to fix it?

The summer months are now pretty much within the 90 day window of check-in date. There would be no point not taking reservations from anyone

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
The summer months are now pretty much within the 90 day window of check-in date. There would be no point not taking reservations from anyone
Are you advocating leaving owners out in the cold that already had their summer vacations booked ? Go ahead and book in hopes you take somebody elses reservation they had for months or a year even ARPed ?
HOW NICE OF YOU!! How do you sleep at night ?

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score

What is left in the summer to book?? B the time we get on there will be nothing..

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you advocating leaving owners out in the cold that already had their summer vacations booked ? Go ahead and book in hopes you take somebody elses reservation they had for months or a year even ARPed ?
HOW NICE OF YOU!! How do you sleep at night ?
This might get reported as an attack
But really Robert
I hope I misinterpreted your post. If I did I apologize

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
You know who hasn't said a word this week.. coskier. He was so happy about some playing field leveling I would love to know if you are still happy about what has been done? Opinion Coskier?

It is nice to be missed.

I did not read where anyone last week was predicting a smooth transition to Voyager. This is what I wrote last Thursday
I have the same feeling I get when the rollercoaster first latches onto the tow chain. It will be a 3-day climb to the top and then ...

The snow stake at Copper Mountain measures up to 24 inches of snow. The ski area is closed, but the camera is still in operation, and a time lapse is available. On the 18th, the entire snow stake was buried in less than 12 hours.

When the going gets tough, the tough go skiing for a few days at 11,000 feet in Colorado. 3 more inches of powder on Berthoud Pass the morning of May 23rd! No one there, and I carved my name down the shining slope all morning long. An endless, unbelievable snow season.

I have to say the skiing was more thrilling than the changeover to Voyager. Those who use Club Wyndham as a commercial business and do not ski, probably have a different perspective. I am sure they and a multitude of other owners think Voyager is unbelievable.

Somewhere back in this thread or another thread, my bet was that there would be an announcement declaring Voyager operational and reminding owners to put duplicate reservations in guest name(s) within 48 hours. That was obviously overly optimistic. (Still possible to win the bet, though highly unlikely at this point, because I doubt there will be an official announcement of any kind.) In hindsight, even the most pessimistic bets were overly optimistic.

My opinion, if it matters to anyone, is that Club Wyndham should be as fair as possible for all owners. The new 48 hour guest certificate rule means make a reservation for a guest, or pay the penalty – either automatic cancellation or an extra GC. The new guidelines eliminate the ability to strip and credit pool future points from contracts, use the points for current reservations, then sell the stripped contracts. Owners will love the ability to book ARP reservations online. Cancel/Rebook/Upgrade was an unfair manipulation of the Club’s privileges. That manipulation is restricted in Voyager. imo, Voyager is a one way, screaming rollercoaster ride – there is no reverse to take us back to the old system. (Imagine trying to export the current mess back into the old system, then proceeding from there! Might as well clean up the current mess in the new reservation system.)

The implementation of Voyager has created a different unfairness; some owners have access while others do not. This is sure to be rectified at some point, but I have no idea if it will be before the end of the week or sometime before the end of the year. Wyndham appears to be extra cautious about being burned, again.

My next vacation is this weekend with WorldMark. I do not anticipate any difficulties. The recent changes in WorldMark to curtail the megarenter activity proved less volatile and more successful than the changes Voyager brings to Club Wyndham. My hope is that V’ger never enters the WorldMark planetary system.

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The computer problems are real. For what ever reason(s) Wyndham is not using their override authorities to permit everyone to make reservations. It would be nice if they did. However, someone booking a available reservations is not taking anything from anyone.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
The computer problems are real. For what ever reason(s) Wyndham is not using their override authorities to permit everyone to make reservations. It would be nice if they did. However, someone booking a available reservations is not taking anything from anyone.
How do you know this as fact ?
Is it that inside contact you have named Robert ?
One of us might get banned. Just hope it's not me !!

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
"How do you know this as fact ?
Is it that inside contact you have named Robert ?"

From personal experience. The personal attacks do not change realities. I am not decision maker for Wyndham. I do not have inside contacts. Anyone is free to contact Wyndham and get information. The reason damage to my account is minimal, at this point, is that I spent a lot of time over an extended period of time working with Wyndham's various departments during the preview stage of the roll-out to correct the data base as it relates to me and this process is still not done. The reality is I may have to live with what has happened to.

Soccer Canada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Glacier Canyon Points
Hyatt Vacation Club (Pending Transfer)
I got straight through on the phone. The VC can see all my points and such (which I guess is a good thing). Same 24-48 hour for accounts to be working, she stated it was a "known defect" and was affecting many owners. They are working on it :doh:

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
It is nice to be missed.

I did not read where anyone last week was predicting a smooth transition to Voyager. This is what I wrote last Thursday

The snow stake at Copper Mountain measures up to 24 inches of snow. The ski area is closed, but the camera is still in operation, and a time lapse is available. On the 18th, the entire snow stake was buried in less than 12 hours.

When the going gets tough, the tough go skiing for a few days at 11,000 feet in Colorado. 3 more inches of powder on Berthoud Pass the morning of May 23rd! No one there, and I carved my name down the shining slope all morning long. An endless, unbelievable snow season.

I have to say the skiing was more thrilling than the changeover to Voyager. Those who use Club Wyndham as a commercial business and do not ski, probably have a different perspective. I am sure they and a multitude of other owners think Voyager is unbelievable.

Somewhere back in this thread or another thread, my bet was that there would be an announcement declaring Voyager operational and reminding owners to put duplicate reservations in guest name(s) within 48 hours. That was obviously overly optimistic. (Still possible to win the bet, though highly unlikely at this point, because I doubt there will be an official announcement of any kind.) In hindsight, even the most pessimistic bets were overly optimistic.

My opinion, if it matters to anyone, is that Club Wyndham should be as fair as possible for all owners. The new 48 hour guest certificate rule means make a reservation for a guest, or pay the penalty – either automatic cancellation or an extra GC. The new guidelines eliminate the ability to strip and credit pool future points from contracts, use the points for current reservations, then sell the stripped contracts. Owners will love the ability to book ARP reservations online. Cancel/Rebook/Upgrade was an unfair manipulation of the Club’s privileges. That manipulation is restricted in Voyager. imo, Voyager is a one way, screaming rollercoaster ride – there is no reverse to take us back to the old system. (Imagine trying to export the current mess back into the old system, then proceeding from there! Might as well clean up the current mess in the new reservation system.)

The implementation of Voyager has created a different unfairness; some owners have access while others do not. This is sure to be rectified at some point, but I have no idea if it will be before the end of the week or sometime before the end of the year. Wyndham appears to be extra cautious about being burned, again.

My next vacation is this weekend with WorldMark. I do not anticipate any difficulties. The recent changes in WorldMark to curtail the megarenter activity proved less volatile and more successful than the changes Voyager brings to Club Wyndham. My hope is that V’ger never enters the WorldMark planetary system.
CO skier, we are headed your way Saturday! Man, am I ready for the mountains! We spend 7-10 days every summer in Breckenridge. Will be in Vail all of next week. On a "skiing" note, pardon the offthread question, what is your favorite winter ski town in Colorado? We are considering buying a fixed ski week up there. What are the "best" ski weeks in your opinion, we would like to avoid the "out of school" crowds. Thanks and pardon the off thread question, all!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I got straight through on the phone. The VC can see all my points and such (which I guess is a good thing). Same 24-48 hour for accounts to be working, she stated it was a "known defect" and was affecting many owners. They are working on it :doh:
Same basic reply I got yesterday...

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
CO skier, we are headed your way Saturday! Man, am I ready for the mountains! We spend 7-10 days every summer in Breckenridge. Will be in Vail all of next week. On a "skiing" note, pardon the offthread question, what is your favorite winter ski town in Colorado? We are considering buying a fixed ski week up there. What are the "best" ski weeks in your opinion, we would like to avoid the "out of school" crowds. Thanks and pardon the off thread question, all!
I will send a private message.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
"How do you know this as fact ?
Is it that inside contact you have named Robert ?"

From personal experience. The personal attacks do not change realities. I am not decision maker for Wyndham. I do not have inside contacts. Anyone is free to contact Wyndham and get information. The reason damage to my account is minimal, at this point, is that I spent a lot of time over an extended period of time working with Wyndham's various departments during the preview stage of the roll-out to correct the data base as it relates to me and this process is still not done. The reality is I may have to live with what has happened to.
What "personal" attack? You constantly quote your Wyndham sources, get through within minutes when others are on hold for 1 to 1-1/2 hours.... It was you who answered a perfectly reasonable question with a personal attack, basically accusing Braindead of bullying you... No?

Sonny Pham

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
If you can access your points you can stay at a resort if you come from are out of state to protest.
I am tired of looking......I swear I have tried every screen.....

where is my point status???? Successfully book a ressie - but can't find my total points remaining....

TIA

You have to get to step 3 of the reservation process to see the point status:

upload_2017-5-25_10-2-51.png

Hope this help,
Sonny

Attachments

• point-status.png
    point-status.png
    110 KB · Views: 53

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought that we were going to be able to book one night. There is a night available that I need at National Harbor and I can't book it because it says there is a minimum one night stay there.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought that we were going to be able to book one night. There is a night available that I need at National Harbor and I can't book it because it says there is a minimum one night stay there.

When I tried for a one night at National Harbor, they would not do it because they said I was not within 14 days. They also said there were some one night stays in the system but they were over 14 days. If you are 14 days or less, give Wyndham a call and they should book it for you.