• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval website problem

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
The Community Forum on Interval Intl. went down on April 9.

Last week when I was doing manual searches I saw what appeared to be the same inventory come and go perhaps a dozen times (e.g., Sands of Kahana 3 BR w. check in on April 15, 2017, Kona Coast I one-BR with a check in around May 15).

This morning when I tried to log in, I read that there systems are down. Then I got a suspicious "pop up" alerting me (apparently from Microsoft) that my systems have been compromised and I needed to call an 877 number. (I later googled the number and there were numerous reports that it was a phishing attempt). As I was writing it down, my Norton AV told me that they had blocked an attempted malicious attack from that website. Yikes !!

Does anyone have any insight on what is going on?

Last edited:

SkyBlueWaters

Reaction score
Can't log in right now, but was fine this morning. Malware or virus took over their site?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Still down....

Member Login
Our systems are currently down. We are working on resolving the issues as quickly as possible. Please try again later.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I notice that I can now log in to Invl. So they fixed that one issue.
The Community forum is still down but I can wait until that returns.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I had problems this morning with eplus. It let me change one week, but for another, it was asking for an upgrade fee when it should not have. I was going to pay and deal with later as I did not want to lose the week, it wouldn't let me , I got error message. When I called they did it for me and charged me for a room size upgrade I had paid for before. I didn't want to lose the week so I paid. Will research and deal with.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I had problems this morning with eplus. It let me change one week, but for another, it was asking for an upgrade fee when it should not have. I was going to pay and deal with later as I did not want to lose the week, it wouldn't let me , I got error message. When I called they did it for me and charged me for a room size upgrade I had paid for before. I didn't want to lose the week so I paid. Will research and deal with.
Email Mark through the II TUG Members Email.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?...s-direct-email-for-tug-member-support.198023/

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I couldn't access the site over the weekend with Chrome, but had no issues with Firefox. I didn't have any warning messages. Chrome just said couldn't connect and Firefox just connected right away.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

That is odd. What size were you going from and to? I'll test mine out. I hope they did not make a small tweak that inadvertently broke something else.

Do you or did you by any chance have platinum and now retrading for something past your expiration?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is odd. What size were you going from and to? I'll test mine out. I hope they did not make a small tweak that inadvertently broke something else.

Do you or did you by any chance have platinum and now retrading for something past your expiration?
I was going from 2 bedroom to 2 bedroom. I need to follow the trail, not sure what happened.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I was going from 2 bedroom to 2 bedroom. I need to follow the trail, not sure what happened.
Your current exchange was in to a 2BR, but what was the underlying deposit? You paid the fee previously but were asked to pay it again?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is what I can figure out as of now. I had two weeks that I followed.

The first was a week that I had used all 3 of the eplus paying for an upgrade from a one bedroom to a two bedroom. I did not cancel but did an online retrade to a three bedroom. It charged me the $118 ($59 x 2) for going from a one bedroom to a three bedroom. It did not care I paid for an upgrade to a 2 bedroom with the eplus prior. This looks clean cut and I can at least logically follow.

The second week I had I canceled a week that I paid an upgrade fee from a one bedroom to a two bedroom. I received a replacement week. I traded it on April 12 for a two bedroom, no fee. I took eplus and on April 17 was able to get a better week, same resort, same size and used the eplus. It asked me for the upgrade fee. I didn't want to lose the week so online I inputted to pay it but the whole transaction didn't take. I called customer service and they were able to do the translation for me and asked me for the update fee. I paid as I didn't want to lose the week. My email confirmation says no addition charges. I went to look at my credit card charges and THREE $59 payments are pending from april 17. The pending statement says if merchant doesn't complete the transaction the temporary charges will be removed.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
What were the dates for the second week? Was the first exchange using the replacement week within the 59 flex and the eplus retrade on that one beyond 59 days on April 17?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What were the dates for the second week? Was the first exchange using the replacement week within the 59 flex and the eplus retrade on that one beyond 59 days on April 17?
Neither exchange was within the 59 flex

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spoke with Mark at interval. This is the result.

For my first week, upgrade fee is correct. Anytime you do a retrade not using eplus and you upgrade size of the room you will be charged the upgrade fee even if you paid it in a prior trade or eplus trade. A retrade without eplus ( you used you 3 eplus already or you didn't purchase eplus) is a new transaction and all fees apply . This shows another advantage of using eplus.

For my second week, the fee was incorrect. These fees occurred when II was having technical difficulties as I was receiving unreadable messages when I tried to do unsuccessful trades. I had paid the upgrade fee already and should not have been charged a second time. II is only showing one charge where my credit card has three pending. If the charges go through II will refund me. If using eplus, once you pay an upgrade fee for a larger type unit, using your remaining eplus trades, no additional fees for eplus into same sized upgraded unit.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
That's interesting. That would mean that enrolled Marriott owners (who are not eligible for eplus) would have to pay the upgrade fee for every retrade into a larger size than the original deposit even if they were just adjusting the dates say from a Sunday check in to a Saturday check in or changing from one 2 br resort to another if they originally exchanged in using a 1 br.

Is that the experience enrolled Marriott owners have had since the upgrade fee came about?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's interesting. That would mean that enrolled Marriott owners (who are not eligible for eplus) would have to pay the upgrade fee for every retrade into a larger size than the original deposit even if they were just adjusting the dates say from a Sunday check in to a Saturday check in or changing from one 2 br resort to another if they originally exchanged in using a 1 br.

Is that the experience enrolled Marriott owners have had since the upgrade fee came about?
I'm not an Marriott owner so I didn't think to ask Mark that question. If no one has the answer, I'll ask Mark when I give him an update on my credit card charges.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have been unsuccessful in getting a confirmation sent to me. I've tried a half dozen times using three different computers, two different email accounts and two different operating systems. I even attempted to resend a different confirmation that I had already received a couple of months ago. Nada. Zilch. Then I called ii and they verbally acknowledged that they could see my "exchange" in the system and agreed to re-send the confirm email. It is three hours later and It still hasn't arrived. They promised to send the confirm via USPS snail mail - - to arrive in three weeks.

I turned in a problem report and got an acknowledgement that they have received my complaint. So it appears that my ISP isn't filtering out the ii mail.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having a problem ?

I am also having some other issues with the website acting weird. I tried using the resort directory to look at California resorts and repeatedly got this message: "There are currently no resorts in the region you've selected. Please modify your choices and search again." Maybe all of the resorts to the West of the San Andreas have finally fallen into the ocean :eek: But I just rechecked and now it is working again. I suspect that their system has temporarily become unstable or has been corrupted.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was pleasantly surprised to receive a real and timely response to my trouble report to ii. Tech support said: " We are aware of the issue regarding confirmation certificates not reaching our members, and are working diligently to rectify the technical issue. We appreciate your patience in the interim."

There is some speculation by some knowledgeable people that ii may have rolled out some new software.