• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Canceling

Sam Braley

Reaction score
Hi there, very new to this so hang bare with me,

I just recently bought a timeshare from hgvc and later realized that I spent about 10 grand to much and immediately bought postage stamps the next day (Sunday) and sent my letter back to cancel. I didn't get it registered because all the post offices in Orlando were closed due to it being Sunday. Will they still accept the letter if it's not registered?

Thanks
Sam

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Hello Sam

Welcome, yes they should still accept the cancellation letter even if its not registered. I believe the recommendation registered letter recommendation is so that you have a tracking number and can validate that it was delivered.

Without a tracking number, you may spend lots of time wondering if the letter made it. If it were me, and i was still within my revision period, i would probably follow-up with a registered just to be certain. I would view that a cheap insurance.

Reaction score
I'd followup with a registered letter as well! They could claim it got "lost in the mail".

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't do 'registered', 'Certified,w/return receipt' gets it done at lower cost. Congrats on finding TUG in time.

Jim

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Don't do 'registered', 'Certified,w/return receipt' gets it done at lower cost. Congrats on finding TUG in time.

Agreed. And technically you don't need to do the return receipt if you want -- you don't need to prove they received it, only that you sent it. (With that said, I would add the return receipt as it doesn't cost much.)

Kurt

Sam Braley

Reaction score
Thank you all for the quick help! I'm going to resend the letter tomorrow and certify it! Actually going to take some time and do some research and find the right timeshare Thanks again!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the quick help! I'm going to resend the letter tomorrow and certify it! Actually going to take some time and do some research and find the right timeshare Thanks again!
TUG is exactly the right place to do that research.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on finding us in time to rescind and save a fortune!