• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quick need help

Amorrel92

Reaction score
i just purchased and in need of help can someone experience send me a message

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
What and where did you purchase?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Are you wanting to rescind? If so in the morning take your paperwork back over to the sales offices and tell them you want to rescind. It can all done right then and there. They will give you copies of everything. We have done this several times in the past. Yes you can send in a certified letter but waiting is stressful for some people and they would rather have it all resolved asap.

Amorrel92

Reaction score
Are you wanting to rescind? If so in the morning take your paperwork back over to the sales offices and tell them you want to rescind. It can all done right then and there. They will give you copies of everything. We have done this several times in the past. Yes you can send in a certified letter but waiting is stressful for some people and they would rather have it all resolved asap.

My thing is seeing if I made the right purchase and for the price should I have waited to look into a resale instead... I unfortunately can't take the stuff back because I am now back in cali at home

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
When did you purchase? Time is of the essence.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
In the stuff they gave you is instructions for rescinding. You will want to buy resale unless you are already an owner wanting to reach the next VIP level. If you are a first time purchaser then that would not apply to you.

Amorrel92

Reaction score
In the stuff they gave you is instructions for rescinding. You will want to buy resale unless you are already an owner wanting to reach the next VIP level. If you are a first time purchaser then that would not apply to you.
First time buyer and I got the 2 years VIP

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Rescind. The VIP status is temporary and to keep it you will have to spend another big chunk of money in the not too distant future. You can buy fantastic resale contracts for a small fraction of what you paid. The resale market isn't very good right now but that is typical of this time of year. Give a a month or three and watch the listings on Ebay and here on TUG too to see what is for sale and what the prices are like.

How many annual points and how many extra points did you purchase and how much did you pay?

Amorrel92

Reaction score
It was 17,800 for 105,000 points plus a 195,000 bonus points for 2 years and 2 free weeks with the temp VIP for the 2 years... 0 down and got an approved loan for 2500 dollars as the down payment 0 interest on the loan for 6 months and the mf is like 51 a month.... the rci and some other fee was also waived

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
You can actually get deeds owners are selling ridiculously cheap or even giving away. Sometimes they will even pay some or all of the closing costs.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
You will kick yourself over and over and feel ill about how much money you wasted if you don't rescind asap and buy on the resale market.

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
That isn't even enough points to do much of anything with on top of being not a good deal at all.

Amorrel92

Reaction score
You will kick yourself over and over and feel I'll about how much money you wasted if you don't rescind asap and buy on the resale market.

That's why I immediately went on google as soon as I finally got home and out of party mode to do my research I got like 4 days imma work on a letter tomorrow and send it out immediately. Thanks for the help

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I believe there is another thread here on TUG with more detailed information about how to go about rescinding. You won't ever be sorry you rescinded. If you follow the threads here on TUG you will be continually grateful you found this website and it saved you from making a huge mistake. We are platinum presidential reserve owners, meaning we own in excess of 1 million points all purchased directly from Wyndham not resale. Had we known back when we bought about TUG we would never have bought directly from Wyndham. We will never make back in the VIP benefits anywhere near what we spent vs what we would have spent buying resale.

Last edited:

Amorrel92

Reaction score
I believe there is another thread here on TUG with more detailed information about how to go about rescinding. You won't ever be sorry you rescinded. If you follow the threads here on TUG you will continually be grateful you found this website and it saved you from making a huge mistake. We are platinum presidential reserve owners, meaning we own in excess of 1 million points all purchased directly from Wyndham not resale. Had we known back when we bought about TUG we would never have bought directly from Wyndham. We will never make back in the VIP benefits anywhere near what we spent vs what we would have spent buying resale.
Yeah man thanks definitely is much appreciated I really am glad that I did find this site and got someone that is knowledgeable I will definitely look into purchasing later on here

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was 17,800 for 105,000 points plus a 195,000 bonus points for 2 years and 2 free weeks with the temp VIP for the 2 years... 0 down and got an approved loan for 2500 dollars as the down payment 0 interest on the loan for 6 months and the mf is like 51 a month....

This is quite simply "legal larceny" by any possible standard, benchmark or measure. A loan to boot adds just insult to injury. :eek:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah man thanks definitely is much appreciated I really am glad that I did find this site and got someone that is knowledgeable I will definitely look into purchasing later on here
Don't be in a hurry. If you want a timeshare vacation this year, just watch the Last Minute Rentals forum. Those are under $100/day and inside 45 days from move-in. Often they cost less than the underlying cost of the annual maintenance fees. In fact this can be a viable alternative to owning a timeshare.

Now, if you feel you MUST own a timeshare.....

Why? Renting is almost always cheaper than buying. It doesn't tie up your money on buy-in costs, membership costs in belonging to an exchange company, exchange fees, and then there is the inevitable annual cost of Maintenance Fees (MF) that ALWAYS go up, and the potential Special Assessment if your resort is damaged, or just needs refurbished. Oh, and are you REALLY aware that there is NO WAY OUT. Nobody will be standing there just chomping at the bit to buy what you have to sell at the time you want to get rid of it.

Never buy from a developer. EVER.

Never finance a TS. EVER! Thee are too many that can be had for free. Some folks will even pay you to take it off their hands.

But first things first. RESCIND TODAY. It's your money. getting it back is as simple as writing a very short letter and carrying it into a post office to mail Certified w/return receipt. DO THAT before you answer ANY of today's posts. Consider it today's assignment.

We're glad you found us, so go rescind. N OW!

Jim

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on finding us in time to save yourself from a $17,500 dollar mistake!