• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is selling HGVC points more trouble than it is worth ? What else ?

b111ywh1zz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Craigendaroch
Hi been a TUG member for nearly a year and new to TUG BBS. I would like to sell my HGVC Platinum points bought for Craigendarroch Suites in Scotland. I have 6200 points and know their value is much less than I paid for them in 2015, but the ongoing costs to maintain them with MFs and all the other club fees and transfer or exchange costs is prohibitive and being in the UK utilizing the points for most of the available resorts is also too expensive, as it usually requires a long hall flight if we can get where we want to go !!

So doing research I am finding it seems almost impossible to rid myself of this burden and there are so many scam artists looking to take advantage it is a minefield to navigate through I am feeling it is more trouble than it is worth.

Do any experienced HGVC members have any advise as to what other options are available to extract myself from this commitment or what is the best path to resell them painlessly. And if any of you are looking to add to your points tally I am open to offers !!

Interested in your views and suggestions.

Regards

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
What type of unit do you have (e.g., 1BR platinum, 2BR gold) and what are the maintenance fees? If the maintenance fees are relatively low, it might be pretty easy for you to sell it. For a platinum season unit, you can get at or near a dollar per point. You could even post an ad for free here on tug if you are a member, and use one of the reputable companies for escrow and transfer, like LT transfers.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I don't think you will have a problem getting it sold, there was a recent survey on lowest cost per point locations and it was in the top 15. Its attractive to US buyers because the dollar is strong against the pound.

I sold an EOY HGVC 8700 points on eBay for $3K and used LT transfers, it went very smooth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

b111ywh1zz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Craigendaroch
What type of unit do you have (e.g., 1BR platinum, 2BR gold) and what are the maintenance fees? If the maintenance fees are relatively low, it might be pretty easy for you to sell it. For a platinum season unit, you can get at or near a dollar per point. You could even post an ad for free here on tug if you are a member, and use one of the reputable companies for escrow and transfer, like LT transfers.
I have a STX/STP property (Studio Plus). For 2017 the Maintenance Fees are £505.66 plus the Club Membership of £160. Thanks for the advice. Regards.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you checked with the legit and highly recommended HGVC resellers? I would start there. Certainly, you can sell on Ebay, but if you have something desirable as it sounds like you do because the MFs are low, you can probably sell through a good broker and not have to deal with it yourself. Judikoz.com and sellingtimeshares.net are the 2 I would start with.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I recall folks talking about a HIGVC resale office for the affiliate properties in Scotland. Perhaps they also help resell HGVC Craigendarroch Suites.
I believe several folks have bought from that resale office. Hopefully one of them will chime in.

Last edited: