• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Login to RCI without going through Wyndham

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Hi everyone.

The usual way to login to RCI, is to login to Wyndham web site first. Then under My Membership, I click RCI Exchanges to navigate to RCI site.

Is there a way to login to RCI directly without going through Wyndham? (obviously I will need user id and password at RCI web site).

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think the answer is yes but it would not be an account you could use your Wyndham points to exchange into RCI. So for example if you have non wyndham units that you will be depositing for tpu's you can set up a "free"- paid for as part of the wyndham fees- RCI account.

Shelbyd95

Reaction score
Yes and as you said, you need a username and password...we use to navigate RCI that way before Wyndham set up the portal through their website. The way that it is set up (at least for us) is that you logon as a weeks user (the other option is points) Anyway, the deposits that we've made through the Wyndham portal do not show up when logging into RCI directly so we cannot search any exchange inventory...only Extra Vacations and specials...basically any reservation you pay for. We only own Wyndham.

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Yes, you need to get your RCI member number, and then go directly to RCI.com and register with it. You will not see any of your Wyndham deposits or info, but if you own other resorts that trade in RCI you can deposit and exchange them through there.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

The usual way to login to RCI, is to login to Wyndham web site first. Then under My Membership, I click RCI Exchanges to navigate to RCI site.

Is there a way to login to RCI directly without going through Wyndham? (obviously I will need user id and password at RCI web site).

As everyone alludes, you can get to RCI directly. The real answer, however, will come from first asking a question: "What are you trying to do with RCI?"

If you are attempting to make reservations using Wyndham points that you deposited into RCI at some point, then, no... You must go through the Wyndham portal. If you simply want to look at cash options, you can go either route.

If you bought developer Wyndham points, you may be able to see different non-week RCI inventory (called Nightly Stays) that you cannot see in the direct site.

Also, your RCI account number for the direct site is for a "weeks" membership that is paid for through your Wyndham dues. It is different from the Club Wyndham owner number and even different from the RCI account number associated with the Wyndham portal.

Best to call a Wyndham-RCI rep to get all the different numbers with which you are associated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, you need to get your RCI member number, and then go directly to RCI.com and register with it. You will not see any of your Wyndham deposits or info, but if you own other resorts that trade in RCI you can deposit and exchange them through there.

Scott, we just bought a unit at Royal Dunes on HHi. Can I use my Wyndham membership the way that you described to deposit and search with our HHi unit?

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Scott, we just bought a unit at Royal Dunes on HHi. Can I use my Wyndham membership the way that you described to deposit and search with our HHi unit?

Yes, if Royal Dunes trades in RCI. I use that method for my Christmas Mountain Unit.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
Hi everyone.

Answer is NO

your "wyndham RCI" are linked and there is not a way to access without going through wyndham first them being ported/logging into "wyndham's RCI" account.
I own 3 timeshares:
  • Wyndham Points (Wyndham RCI comes with wyndham plus membership)
  • 2 Fixed Weeks (non-Wyndham) (depending on resort you can use RCI or II but requires you to setup an account and pay fees)

Wyndham points has its own account and costs are included in your wyndham maintenance fees

fixed or other non-wyndham point timeshares: you can use RCI or II to exchange should you choose to. These cost additional money and do not cross over between the two. Point values are completely different thus they cannot be combined. You will need 2 accounts and should be viewed as separate even though they do the same thing and get you to the same resorts.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Answer is NO

your "wyndham RCI" are linked and there is not a way to access without going through wyndham first them being ported/logging into "wyndham's RCI" account.
I own 3 timeshares:
  • Wyndham Points (Wyndham RCI comes with wyndham plus membership)
  • 2 Fixed Weeks (non-Wyndham) (depending on resort you can use RCI or II but requires you to setup an account and pay fees)

Wyndham points has its own account and costs are included in your wyndham maintenance fees

fixed or other non-wyndham point timeshares: you can use RCI or II to exchange should you choose to. These cost additional money and do not cross over between the two. Point values are completely different thus they cannot be combined. You will need 2 accounts and should be viewed as separate even though they do the same thing and get you to the same resorts.

This is not correct. I can log in to RCI, deposit and exchange other non-Wyndham timeshare. I have an upcoming exchange in March that I got using Christmas Mountain TPUs.

It does not require 2 RCI accounts, but it is true when logged in through Wyndham you can not see/use your non-Wyn deposits, and vice-versa.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Scootr5 is right

It's the one RcI account that is paid with your Wyndham program fee. To see your Wyndham points deposits and to see exchanges denominated in Wyndham points go through the Wyndham portal. And to see non Wyndham weeks (and Wyndham weeks not converted to points) you have depoisted and possible exchanges denominated in TPU log into the account with your user name and password

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Plus if you are not planning on depositing and useing your Wyndham points, but rather are look at Last Calls, Extra Vacations, or taking advantage of the RCI sales they have. It can be much easier to log into your RCI account at RCI.com, because it is open 24 hour a day instead of 7:00 to 11:45 Eastern time. As others have said you if you have deposited point in the portal RCI account, you will not be able to see them if you loggin at RCI.com. You do need to register on RCI.com and for that you need to know your RCI member number which is different than you Wyndham member number.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
This is not correct. I can log in to RCI, deposit and exchange other non-Wyndham timeshare. I have an upcoming exchange in March that I got using Christmas Mountain TPUs.

It does not require 2 RCI accounts, but it is true when logged in through Wyndham you can not see/use your non-Wyn deposits, and vice-versa.

how does one login into the RCI account outside of wyndham. Also where do your TPU weeks show/how does one deposit? not understanding how this works.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
how does one login into the RCI account outside of wyndham. Also where do your TPU weeks show/how does one deposit? not understanding how this works.

You have a Rci account number. Just use it to register for online access

I deposit weeks the same way any Rci member deposits weeks

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
You have a Rci account number. Just use it to register for online access

I deposit weeks the same way any Rci member deposits weeks
thanks Ron. wish I had known that before paying for RCI.... Gotta love it. next year.

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks Ron. wish I had known that before paying for RCI.... Gotta love it. next year.
If you only own Wyndham points and have paid for an RCI account in error, there is some possibility of recovery. Wyn pays for the point owners RCI annual fees as part of your Wyndham maintenance fees. Technically it's kinda like double-dipping on RCI's part.

When we bought Wyn points we already had an existing RCI account for other holdings. RCI consolidated the two accounts into one (per our request) and then we also requested a refund of the 3-years of pre-paid fees on the other account. We received a refund of 2out of 3years and now only run through the Wyndham paid account for everthing we put into RCI.

Ask. The worst they can do is say no and then you ask again.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
If you only own Wyndham points and have paid for an RCI account in error, there is some possibility of recovery. Wyn pays for the point owners RCI annual fees as part of your Wyndham maintenance fees. Technically it's kinda like double-dipping on RCI's part.

When we bought Wyn points we already had an existing RCI account for other holdings. RCI consolidated the two accounts into one (per our request) and then we also requested a refund of the 3-years of pre-paid fees on the other account. We received a refund of 2out of 3years and now only run through the Wyndham paid account for everthing we put into RCI.

thanks will do.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

Brief update:

Thanks for the feedback and saving me a few $$$ Finally got around to calling RCI while I'm on vacation. Asked rep to combine accounts. She said they will refund membership fees and prorate what I've already paid. They will create a new weeks RCI account number (takes 5-7 days) then I'll be able to log into RCI outside of wyndham and utilize my week deposits. Will have to re-register account and create a new account.

Only draw back is that with Wyndham RCI you cannot upgrade to "Platinum Upgrade". May or may not be worth it to those considering.

That said it will save us the annual RCI fee.