• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV - owner update presentation, nanea pricing/incentives

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
got 6,000 SPG points for an "owner update".

Got a spiral bound book with newest SPG HOTELS, outlined comparison of benefits of SPG preferred, gold & platinum, compared 3,4&5 star benefits, listed current news at some of the villa resorts 1) Vistana with new carpets, sofa beds, curtains, upholstery, paint and washer dryers I'm st. Augustine buildings 23,24 & 26, 2) WESTIN MISSION HILLS: Villa renovation complete, new activities area, 3) wkorv: new menu at pulehu restaurant, full direct tv rots access at pailolo bar, burger n brew Monday's at ocean pool bar & grill, playground shade cover installed sept 2015 to protect Kiki for all day play, 4) desert willow: guest building 9 & new quiet pool scheduled to open late summer 2016, revised menu at agave grill & bar, new pool table at sanctuary poolside bar, 5) Vistana beach club: new grills & remodeled BBB area, gaming area in phase II scheduled for new furniture, ping pong table & football table, 6) lagunamar: New Mexican cuisine menu at the chef's table, new brick oven installed at vie to restaurant, highest turtle season ever at resort: 213 nests and 15,984 baby turtles released into the ocean, 7) mountain vista: new food & beverage summer service at pool, renovations to include new carpet, paint, living room furniture, and conversions in deluxe villas to king sized beds, town's completion of new $3.8M Avon Performance Pavillion @ Nottingham park

1) nanea star options ( checking in any day of week)
A) 120,000 EY : $45,600 ($2,133 MF), $845 closing
b). 148,100 EY: $56,278 ($2,633 MF).$845 closing
C) 148,100 EOY: $ 31,842 ($1,337), $745 closing

With a or b above they'd allow a trade-in of my resale gold 2br EOY SDO for $9,996 or 80% of original purchase price. "BUY IT NOW, UNHEARD OF TRADE-in which will go away after sales start picking up" since pre-construction pricing.

They Will finance at 13.9%., or 180 days same as cash

A & b incentive: 60,000 SPG points+ right to buy up to 4 times 90,000 points for $1,875
C incentive: 100,000 SPG points, 4 promos of 90,000 points for $1,875

------------------------------------

Last offer: $2,794 (includes $249 processing fee): 7 nights in studio Maui villa + 50,000 points, cam pay $199.50/mo for 12 months + $400 now

Out in a little over 1 hr.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thanks for the info.
Nanea SO (HO) price depends on whether OF or IV (or do they call Resort View?) - which are these?

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
Nanea SO (HO) price depends on whether OF or IV (or do they call Resort View?) - which are these?
They didn't say. Hadn't been to an owner update in quite a while. I just assumed since they were star option points the OF or IV would have different SO costs. Sorry, didn't know enough to ask the right questions. They just quoted me these star options at nanea and gave me the prices, MFs., closing costs and incentives. It was interesting to to see the allowed trade-in option even though it didn't move my needle to buy.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW - at WSJ I got an offer for two adult sunset cruise tixs or $100 Westin Dollars. I took the tixs.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
BTW - at WSJ I got an offer for two adult sunset cruise tixs of $100 Westin Dollars. I took the tixs.

We did the sail to Buck Is. (STT) - totally worth it - was great value (and free rum punch...)

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW - at WSJ I got an offer for two adult sunset cruise tixs or $100 Westin Dollars. I took the tixs.

The sunset cruise was OK. Worth it because we just paid for the kids and now we can say we did it.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)

Those appear to be Resort View prices. Because 148100 HomeOptions reserves only Resort View; it takes 176700 for a two bedroom Ocean Front.

Yes, it had to be 148,100 Resort View options. Vistana is not allowing trade-ins to Oceanfront.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it had to be 148,100 Resort View options. Vistana is not allowing trade-ins to Oceanfront.

Not to Nanea, but they may be willing push (get UG approval from VP) for the first two properties.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Since you are buying HomeOptions and not a week, are you really buying ocean front or island view? Couldn't you also be buying enough points for a week and a half in island view?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Since you are buying HomeOptions and not a week, are you really buying ocean front or island view? Couldn't you also be buying enough points for a week and a half in island view?

HomeOptions are set up so only OF HomeOptions can reserve OF units 8-12 months in advance. Similarly, Resort View HomeOptions are limited to reserving Resort View units at 8-12 months.

At 0-8 months, they become StarOptions and can be used system-wide, including a different view category at Nanea.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
HomeOptions are set up so only OF HomeOptions can reserve OF units 8-12 months in advance. Similarly, Resort View HomeOptions are limited to reserving Resort View units at 8-12 months.

At 0-8 months, they become StarOptions and can be used system-wide, including a different view category at Nanea.
Thanks for the explanation. I was not aware that there were different home options for ocean front and resort view. It seems like it would have been easier to just sell overall options and you just buy more in order to book ocean front.:shrug: Are ocean front options more expensive per HO than resort view?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
iirc, Nanea OF and RV HomeResort Options were priced differently. They are not the same until the 8 month point where they become standard SOs.

Jase415

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN
FYI we are at WKORVN now and expected to do our usual owner’s update, but the only option was to do a 90-minute tour of Nanea. We aren’t interested in Nanea at all, so we asked if we could just do the same update we’ve done in past years: hear some info about what’s new and planned at WKORVN, then sit back while they try to sell whatever they are trying to sell that year. Sales manager said he could do that, but there would be no SPG points incentive. Only way to get points (they offered 6,000) would be to commit to the full 90-minute tour. We did not have the time so we declined.

ValleyGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #52
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #1
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK # 2
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WSJ-3BR WK #26 (Jul 4th)
Traded Flex Options and WPORV in Jan for 3BR OF FF;) - don't remember all the numbers but had to bring money to table also.