• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Same song and dance.

While visiting Kona, on the Big Island, the offering was 2 for 1 Volcano Helicopter trip with Blue Hawaiian for a Diamond Presentation.

We arrived and it took 45 minutes to come to the conclusion, we were at an “Owners Update” instead. We don’t own with Diamond!!

Our Salesman made the most of the situation, filling us in to highlights going on with Diamond. We shared that over the last 10 years, we have stayed in at least sixty Five Star Timeshares around the world. All of that with II exchanges from our two one-bedroom units at Tahiti Village, getaways and renting from owners. We do not need to increase our ownership to include Diamond.

As we finished and the requirement was to sign off for the offering. We were asked if we signed the same document after our last visit with Diamond at the Polo Towers in December 2015. We were positive that we had not.

This created quite a stir of activity. The top dogs started showing up to address the situation. Many times we were asked if we had signed the release documents in Las Vegas. Quite a bit of time was spent trying to locate the signed release. To no avail. Now everyone in the room was becoming very nervous. My statement to them was “for some reason this appears to look like a lottery win”. They all agreed.

If we understand this right, buying points in the Hawaii Collection started long ago at a level of $6.06 and now are selling for $10 plus. If they could not produce the signed document from Las Vegas we could buy the point offering for just over $4.00.

We are seniors ages 75 and 72. We were very nervous to say the least. We agreed to purchase 7500 points for $30,600. We would retain our two Tahiti Village timeshares, and if deposited with Diamond each would deposit 6500 points each per year.

We were told with 13,000,points we could go ANY WHERE, our interest wasn’t to visit Diamond, it was to enjoy Marriott’s, Hilton’s, Hyatt’s etc. Our Tahiti Village’s exchange week for week. We are novices when working with points are concerned.

We signed on the dotted line and retuned to SVC Mauna Loa, drank some wine and didn’t know if we should celebrate or declare we have LOST OUR MINDS. I have followed TUG for years and KNOW BETTER. After not sleeping we started our next day with gathering all the paperwork, sending the fax to Diamond HQ, in Las Vegas rescinding our agreement. Copying all paperwork and sending it registered return receipt on to HQ’s. It has arrived one day ahead of our deadline. We slept better last night.

Now, TUGGER’s was it a good deal or the same old BS. Looking forward to your comments.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO ... you got played. That is a pretty standard 'con' where they find something "WRONG" and now, they will fixed it. And as you noticed, all problems got fixed AFTER you spent $30,000+.

Avoid ANY and ALL timeshare presentations. If you find yourself in another one, get up & walk out. Do not be polite or nice ... RUN FOR YOUR FINANCIAL LIFE.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Can't you pick up Diamond-HI points for zero? I recall seeing Diamond-HI points in Bargains for free - and know a couple of people who would love to get from under their Diamond obligation (read: can't even give away...).
I have a feeling it was all dog-pony show to get you to bite - and very likely not a good deal because rarely (RARELY) is it a good deal to buy from the Developer. "They all agreed" that is was like a lottery win (seriously!?)... yet, you just dropped $30.6K on this 'deal' (!!!???)
IMO
good luck

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
TERRIBLE DEAL: You can buy this on the resale market for pennies on the dollar, or even free.

PLEASE: Get out your purchase Docs and find the instructions to rescind, and rescind immediately.

TUG Member
Reaction score
TERRIBLE DEAL: You can buy this on the resale market for pennies on the dollar, or even free. do
PLEASE: Get out your purchase Docs and find the instructions to rescind, and rescind immediately.
We faxed the rescind notice within 16 hours after signing. We mailed all docs with a copy of the fax within 17 hours (certified mail and signed return receipt) mail arrived in Las Vegas one day before the 7 day deadline. Our salesman called us within two hours after Diamond HQ's received the fax that we had rescinded. He just couldn't imagine we cancelled. They would even take advantage of two senior citizens. The rescind notification states that our 20% down will be returned within 15 days. 14 DAYS AND COUNTING!

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Last time we were in Hawaii the rep became very offended when she asked me "So what do you think we'll be discussing today?" And I responded with "you'll twist our arms to try to get us to buy something, and when that doesn't work you'll disappear into the back room for 10 minutes and come back with a song and dance about how there was an error the last time and OMG! we still have an open offer that is a fraction of the price points are selling at now". Same freaking story every time. But I've finally had enough $100 AMEX gift cards and restaurant vouchers, and 55 minute presentations that take 3 hours. No more for us. But...if we ever get invited to another Event of a Lifetime (which is doubtful since we had two this year and didn't buy) that looks like something we'd like to do, then maybe.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on saving 30,000 bucks!!!

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
We faxed the rescind notice within 16 hours after signing. We mailed all docs with a copy of the fax within 17 hours (certified mail and signed return receipt) mail arrived in Las Vegas one day before the 7 day deadline. Our salesman called us within two hours after Diamond HQ's received the fax that we had rescinded. He just couldn't imagine we cancelled. They would even take advantage of two senior citizens. The rescind notification states that our 20% down will be returned within 15 days. 14 DAYS AND COUNTING!

Congratulations on your rescind!!!!!!

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last time we were in Hawaii the rep became very offended when she asked me "So what do you think we'll be discussing today?" And I responded with "you'll twist our arms to try to get us to buy something, and when that doesn't work you'll disappear into the back room for 10 minutes and come back with a song and dance about how there was an error the last time and OMG! we still have an open offer that is a fraction of the price points are selling at now". Same freaking story every time. But I've finally had enough $100 AMEX gift cards and restaurant vouchers, and 55 minute presentations that take 3 hours. No more for us. But...if we ever get invited to another Event of a Lifetime (which is doubtful since we had two this year and didn't buy) that looks like something we'd like to do, then maybe.
sounds
This sounds very familiar, thanks for the comments.

Dis.Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Palm Aire
Wyndham Panama City Beach
LHVC Puerto Plata, DR
Yep! We were almost on the same boat ride. I'd like to think I know better. We were at Oceanwalk in Daytona. The salesman "snuck" the old paperwork with the offer for ONLY $25,000 for 105K points that would have put us into Wyndham Club Access with 271K points. They managed to get corporate to OK it, amazingly enough! Then they mesmerized us with the free Kindle, for a day.
I decided I was going to make better use of my timeshare and luckily found this site before the rescind period was over! Paperwork overnighted to Vegas!
Thanks TUGgers!