• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DABD

Reaction score
Hello All,

My name is Daniel,

Me and my wife just bought a Timeshare at Tahiti Village Las Vegas on Saturday 19 NOV 2016. 1 Bedroom Bora-Bora 47K points every odd years for $9k (16.90% APR) with $577 maintenance fee for the first year and $288 thereafter. We put down 1k and our monthly is $168. The Timeshare comes with an initial RCI Platinum membership fee for a year and will be paying $184 a year for the following year.

I have read Flutter0427's thread and was hoping you guys can also give me a good advise.

Thank you.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello All,

My name is Daniel,

Me and my wife just bought a Timeshare at Tahiti Village Las Vegas on Saturday 19 NOV 2016. 1 Bedroom Bora-Bora 47K points every odd years for $9k (16.90% APR) with $577 maintenance fee for the first year and $288 thereafter. We put down 1k and our monthly is $168. The Timeshare comes with an initial RCI Platinum membership fee for a year and will be paying $184 a year for the following year.

I have read Flutter0427's thread and was hoping you guys can also give me a good advise.

Thank you.
rescind now!

the legal cancellation period in nevada is 5 days, so you are running out of time if you bought on the 19th!

read your contract, it will contain a section that details exactly how to rescind your purchase and follow those instructions to the letter.

as an example you can see a number of Tahiti village resales right here on TUG for $1

Welcome to TUG, you just saved 10 grand!

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/cancel_timeshare_purchase.html

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Hello All,

My name is Daniel,

Thank you.
All the of advise from that older thread still holds, only the resale price has probably gone down. Rescind now. Then do your research and ask lots of questions to decide what you want. Then buy resale. If you decide on a developer purchase, the salespeople will be ecstatic to sell you the same deal in another month or two.

Sue

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thank you! I just sent the mail today!
Great! Congratulations. Good thing you did. Nevada has a mere five day right of rescission. You were getting near the deadline of your legal right to cancel.

travelplus

Reaction score
Great! Congratulations. Good thing you did. Nevada has a mere five day right of rescission. You were getting near the deadline of your legal right to cancel.

I would find a 2 Bedroom Lockoff but not in Vegas if you want to Exchange it. You could find a resort like Sedona Summit in Sedona and the Lock Off Units can split and essentially you can get two weeks for your unit which I have done.

Also look for Christopher Nuding/Daniel Chapa they are very good for purchasing resale. We have used them and they were very good and since you are a first time purchaser they can answer your questions.

If your goal is just to stay in Vegas I would find a resale on the Strip like the Polo Club or Hilton Elara Grand Vacation Club. Just look to be sure the Maintenance Fees are something you can afford as its recurring and they can go up.

Diamond is a great company. I hope you find a better resort. The Tahiti Village is far from the strip and you have to rely on a car or their shuttle.

BennyBoy00

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I personally love Tahiti Village as a family resort and like it better than anything near the strip.

But...
1) You can't buy Tahiti Village RCI points resale. If you do buy Tahiti Village resale, you will get the deeded week. RCI points won't transfer on resale.
2) Don't buy RCI points at another Las Vegas resort (such as Grandview) if you want to use the points for Tahiti Village. Tahiti Village blocks other timeshares in LV from exchanging into Tahiti Village.

Look for resale RCI points elsewhere as suggested.

DABD

Reaction score
I personally love Tahiti Village as a family resort and like it better than anything near the strip.

But...
1) You can't buy Tahiti Village RCI points resale. If you do buy Tahiti Village resale, you will get the deeded week. RCI points won't transfer on resale.
2) Don't buy RCI points at another Las Vegas resort (such as Grandview) if you want to use the points for Tahiti Village. Tahiti Village blocks other timeshares in LV from exchanging into Tahiti Village.

Look for resale RCI points elsewhere as suggested.

We like the Tahiti Village for family as well and would like the RCI points to get rooms to different places (i.e. hawaii, florida, asia, and europe). Any suggestions?

Thanks everybody for all you advices!!!