• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grimplin

Reaction score
Hi There,
I was hoping to call in some experience from this forum to see what suggestions there are for Skiing locations that I have timeshares in the North East US.

We have stayed at Smuggler's Notch in Vermont by buying time through this forum 3 years in a row and will likely go back again in March. However, we were looking at perhaps going somewhere else earlier in the season this year as well.

What other locations have a good timeshare experience and have accommodations at the base or on the hill. Ski In/Ski Out is not essential, but I would like to be close.

Cheers,
Josh

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe. Jackson Gore in VT. Okemo in VT. Hunter Mountain in NY. Jimney Peak in Mass. Loon Mountain/Pollard Brook/South Mountain in New Hampshire.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Shawnee in the Poconos, Pa .... not ski in/out but less than a mile to Shawnee Ski area along with Camelback Ski area --- direct 10 minute ride on I-80. Plus other ski areas a little further and not as direct (Elk, Big Boulder, Jack Frost).

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to call in some experience from this forum to see what suggestions there are for Skiing locations that I have timeshares in the North East US. <snip> What other locations have a good timeshare experience and have accommodations at the base or on the hill. Ski In/Ski Out is not essential, but I would like to be close.

There are numerous timeshares in / around Lincoln, NH which are within just a very few minutes / miles of Loon Mountain (although, to the best of my knowledge, none are "ski in / ski out"). Examples include Deer Run, Village of Loon Mountain Condos, Village of Loon Mountain Lodges, Pollard Brook, et al.
There are actually over 20 other timeshare properties in the general NH ski area of the White Mountains in / around Lincoln, Bretton Woods, Jackson. Bartlett, Intervale, North Conway. We have personally stayed only at Deer Park, just outside of Lincoln.

In the great(est) state of Maine, Sunday River timeshares in Bethel are "ski in / ski out". We were invited to ski / stay with friends who own a "quarter share" at Jordan Grand at Sunday River a few years ago and we enjoyed it immensely. Good company, good skiing conditions, good restaurant; a great time overall.

In Vermont, there are a few different timeshare properties right on the mountain road to Killington, although none are "ski in / ski out" (afaik). We once owned and used a winter ski week at Killington Townhouses there, but sold it. A few years later, the place burned to the ground (likely started by a chimney fire; units there all had fireplaces and I don't know how often they actually cleaned the chimneys). There are also a few VT timeshare properties close to Mount Snow and Stratton, but we frankly don't care much for those particular areas (although they are quite popular with a whole lot of people from in and around New York).

Last edited:

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
The Mountain Club at Loon is just up the hill from the base lifts. I suppose one could ski down the hill from the resort to the lifts if conditions were right. Deer Park is so close to Lincoln that I would call it walking distance. We only stayed there once, preferring Pollard Brook as our usual choice. Jordan Grand reminded me of the movie "The Shining".

Grimplin

Reaction score
Thanks Everyone. These responses have given me a lot to consider.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't forget about all the great ski areas in Quebec. There are some nice hills to consider and timeshares near Beaupre (Mont Ste. Anne) and Mt. Tremblant.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Western Mass.

Jiminy Peak Ski
RCI 4313 & 7819 Wyndham Bently Brook
6057 Va. Village Berkshires
0315 Country Village at Jiminy Peak

Bosquet Ski( Pittsfield Mass )
RCI -D567 Berkshire Mtn Lodge

RCI-7442 The Ponds at Fox Hollow
RCI-1243 HIVC Oak n Spruce

Butternut -Ski
Otis Ridge -Ski

I believe there are also some ind. TS near Great Barrington Mass
RCI- 1903 Wind in the Pines (added Nov 23)

Catamount Ski ( Hillsdale NY )

I have not stayed at any - have walked around a couple
as we have family in the area .

r

Last edited:

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
My family likes to ski at Waterville Valley in NH. We usually stay at our home resort (Cold Spring) which is about 40 minutes away. However, there are a couple of RCI timeshares in Waterville Valley proper...Mountain Sun Quartershares, and Inns of Waterville Valley. We've not stayed in them during the winter, but have during other times of the year. We also like Deer Park.

The North Conway area of NH is close to some smaller mountains. Cranmore, Wildcat, and Black Mountains are all close by, and Bretton Woods isn't far. There are several resorts at Attitash as well...you just walk under Rt 302 to access the mountain. (That's going to be our choice for Feb break 2018.) Good luck as you pick!

Another choice around Sunday River in Maine is Bethel Inn. There is a shuttle that runs to Sunday River...so getting to the slopes isn't a problem. These townhouses aren't fancy, but they do have great space. We've stayed here in the summer, and prefer it to the resorts at Sunday River itself.

Last edited:

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, Sweetwater at Kauai, Club La Costa
I have skied the Berkshires many times and stayed at Vacation Village, Oak n Spruce and the Ponds at Fox Hollow. Vacation Village is across the road from Jiminy Peak. The other 2 are located closer to Bousquet in Pittsfield. Butternut and Catamount are both within a short drive. This year we are staying at the Bolten Valley Resort in Vermont, it is close to ski in ski out. In northern New York, the Lake Placid Club Lodges is located near Whiteface Mountain. Farther south is the Summit at Gore Mountain. In the Catskills the Kaatskill Mountain Club is located at Hunter Mountain. The busiest week in Northeast skiing is Presidents week. Plan ahead if you want to travel that week. The rest of the season I have been able to get easy low cost exchanges at Christmas, New Years and MLK weekend. If you're going on a non-holiday week check RCI last calls, DAE options and TPI for cheap rentals.