• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Head Island Beachfront Timeshares?

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Hi, I'm trying to find out what timeshares are beachfront on Hilton Head Island. So far I have found Marriott's Monarch at Sea Pines. Are there any others?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Some Marriott Grande Ocean buildings are ocean front.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It looks like Marriott Barony Beach Club is beachfront also.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to find out what timeshares are beachfront on Hilton Head Island. So far I have found Marriott's Monarch at Sea Pines. Are there any others?

Also, Palmetto Dunes.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriotts Surfwatch is usually considered beach front. There is a short boardwalk across marshland to get to the beach.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Depends on your definition of beachfront. It was explained to me that beachfront means you walk out the door and are right on the beach. Oceanfront means you can see the ocean/beach. According to that definition Surf Watch & Grande Ocean would not be beachfront. Not familiar with the others.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depends on your definition of beachfront. It was explained to me that beachfront means you walk out the door and are right on the beach. Oceanfront means you can see the ocean/beach. According to that definition Surf Watch & Grande Ocean would not be beachfront. Not familiar with the others.

The following buildings at Grande Ocean are directly ocean front they are the Dolphin, the Sand Castle, the Starfish and the Sea Horse. However, not all villas are ocean front some are garden views. Our favorite building is the SeaHorse(unit 8426), from the villa to the Atlantic Ocean is less 300 feets. I am guessing this distance.

PatH, you can go the Marriott resort map and check for yourself.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
To me beachfront and oceanfront in terms of the resorts overall location has the same meaning. My definition is a resort that is on the beach without any other resort or roads in between. Some places like Surfwatch has a big dune to walk to get to the beach but I still consider that beach/oceanfront.

Within each beachfront/oceanfront resort there are oceanfront views and garden views but those 2 units for me would still be at a beachfront resort.

I'm only familiar with Marriott HHI so under my definition the Surfwatch, the Monarch, the Grande Ocean and the Barony are all beachfront.

Last edited:

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was explained to me that beachfront means you walk out the door and are right on the beach.
That might be called a "beachfront unit". No resort has all "beachfront units".

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
To help possibly narrow the list-are you looking for something through RCI, II, or either because you are looking to rent or purchase?

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To help possibly narrow the list-are you looking for something through RCI, II, or either because you are looking to rent or purchase?

I'm looking to exchange through RCI, maybe off season.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
SEAWATCH AT ISLAND CLUB IS ANOTHER HILTON HEAD BEACHFRONT TIMESHARE.

Richard

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I'm looking to exchange through RCI, maybe off season.

That is going to cut down on your options. Monarch is going to be the only Marriott that exchanges through RCI and most Monarch owners that exchange do so through II for the Marriott priority.

Seawatch, mentioned below is the only other RCI timeshare that has some units that are beachfront.

There are several that are within a 5-10 minute walk available through RCI and ones that while not on the beach provide passes to beach parking/beach access.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There are several that are within a 5-10 minute walk available through RCI and ones that while not on the beach provide passes to beach parking/beach access.

A short walk is fine. Are there beach chair or umbrella rentals on the beach?

Thanks everyone for your responses.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is going to cut down on your options. Monarch is going to be the only Marriott that exchanges through RCI and most Monarch owners that exchange do so through II for the Marriott priority.

Seawatch, mentioned below is the only other RCI timeshare that has some units that are beachfront.

If you can get the Monarch that is hands down the best one to go for. Right on the beach and in Sea Pines which we absolutely adorn.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggestion only look at the timeshare resorts located on Port Royal Plantation and Shipyard Plantation that exchange thru RCI. They are not Marriotte but they are excellent resorts with tennis courses and golf courses on site and the beach that you can walk to or catch a resort shuffle bus to the beach..

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggestion only look at the timeshare resorts located on Port Royal Plantation and Shipyard Plantation that exchange thru RCI. They are not Marriotte but they are excellent resorts with tennis courses and golf courses on site and the beach that you can walk to or catch a resort shuffle bus to the beach..

Examples: Shipyard Plantation: Port O' Calls, Spinnakers @ Shipyard Plantation
Port Royal Plantation: Ocean Palms resort @ Port Royal and Island Links Resort

Sea Pines Plantation
These two (2) resorts were under the Marriott umberra: Swallowtail @ Sea Pines and Spicebush @ Sea Pines

Joe33426

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
Trading through RCI - we've stayed at Seawatch a couple of times, and although the units are a little dated, overall it was a great experience. One unit had a lagoon view and the other had an ocean view. In both units, the couch was aligned that you couldn't see out the balcony's sliding glass door, which I thought was weird.

We've also stayed at Royal Dunes, which was nice, but I think that the resort suffered a lot of damage with Hurricane Matthew and it's definitely not ocean front, but not a far walk to the beach.

We have a couple of reservations on HHI through II, and looking forward to those, both at Marriott's so that should be nice.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Vacation Resort Oak N' Spruce
Check out Brigantine Quarters in Shipyard Plantation: www.brigantinequartershhi.com. This is both a RCI Silver Crown and Interval International resort where ownerships are "quartershares" or "quarter shares" in block and rotating interval schedules of 13 weeks. The street address for mapping is 55 Barcelona Drive HHI. There are nine buildings containing 46 condo units. Some of the buildings are located on a good size lagoon with a pleasant view. The beach question: Brigantine has a locked gate which leads onto Ibis Lane. The walk from the gate to ocean water's edge via this public street is about 1600 feet... a flat ten minute +/- walk. There are two on-site swimming pools and two tennis courts. Part of the resort is on Shipyard's sixth golf course fairway. Real estate agent Jeff Hunt (not me ;) of Dunes Real Estate represents some of the owners wishing to sell (not me ;), usually in the $20-30K range for 2BR or 3BR units (the latter maybe higher in price); the annual maintenance fee is currently about $6300 per quartershare. The units I have recently seen I consider "very well maintained".

Last edited:

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you need some kind of "pass" or ticket to use the beaches at Hilton Head?

Are all the beaches public?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
You do not need a pass to use the public beach.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
You should also take a look at the new Hilton timeshare (Ocean Oak Resort) just down the beach a short distance from Marriott's Grande Ocean. It just opened late last year. We have not stayed there but Grande Ocean is wonderful.

Topher

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oceanfront units at Grande Ocean indeed offer incredible 180-degree views up and down the beach (and as far south as Tybee Island, GA). There's a reason this is the top rated Marriott resort in Hilton Head.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Oceanfront units at Grande Ocean indeed offer incredible 180-degree views up and down the beach (and as far south as Tybee Island, GA). There's a reason this is the top rated Marriott resort in Hilton Head.
Not most of them. But don't get me wrong, we really like Grande Ocean and agree that it is the best Marriott timeshare on HHI.