• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

GPR/HGVC no longer available for resale transfers.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a GPR/HGVC unit listed for sale with Judi and just got an email saying that resales are no longer able to transfer the HGVC membership. It was suggesting I lower my price. I didn't ask for any additional information since HGVC told me to go through Judi for selling, I figured they know what they are talking about.

It's actually not a surprise to me. It's a bummer to those who haven't already purchased, but Hilton wants people to buy from them and this is one way to make that happen.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Maybe contact the Legacy group at Carlsbad Inn.

They always seemed to have a "waiver" on that policy.

elleny76

Reaction score
Oh no... let me know if you find that "waiver" :confused:

I have one of those TS and wont be nice if its doesn't transfer when I sale.:annoyed:

I have a GPR/HGVC unit listed for sale with Judi and just got an email saying that resales are no longer able to transfer the HGVC membership. It was suggesting I lower my price. I didn't ask for any additional information since HGVC told me to go through Judi for selling, I figured they know what they are talking about.

It's actually not a surprise to me. It's a bummer to those who haven't already purchased, but Hilton wants people to buy from them and this is one way to make that happen.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I purchased a GPP week resale from Grand Pacific in 2012. It has 8400 HGVC points with it. At the time of my purchase they had an HGVC Membership Agreement which stated that HGVC would only transfer if the future sale was done with the services of Advanced Commercial Corporation. I asked for, and received, a signed addendum that states I may sell the week on my own and still retain HGVC membership on the sale.

When and if I am ready to sell it would be interesting to see if they honor the document.

In a HGVC presentation I did two years ago the sales people were marketing GPP/HGVC combo as a cheaper alternative to HGVC Marbrisa. I am sure they sold some and I wonder if they plan on yanking HGVC from that GPP week when the customer is ready to sell. Buying from a developer that significantly changes the usage of that week after the fact on resale will put HGVC in a very poor light.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I purchased a GPP week resale from Grand Pacific in 2012. It has 8400 HGVC points with it. At the time of my purchase they had an HGVC Membership Agreement which stated that HGVC would only transfer if the future sale was done with the services of Advanced Commercial Corporation. I asked for, and received, a signed addendum that states I may sell the week on my own and still retain HGVC membership on the sale.

When and if I am ready to sell it would be interesting to see if they honor the document.

In a HGVC presentation I did two years ago the sales people were marketing GPP/HGVC combo as a cheaper alternative to HGVC Marbrisa. I am sure they sold some and I wonder if they plan on yanking HGVC from that GPP week when the customer is ready to sell. Buying from a developer that significantly changes the usage of that week after the fact on resale will put HGVC in a very poor light.

Advanced is owned by GPR.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think if you purchased through their in house resale program, they will still sell it for you and carry the HGVC transfer for you. Since I didn't buy through them, they wouldn't sell for me. The only snag would be if HGVC decided to override GPR and not honor that agreement, but I just don't see how they could do that if you have a signed document showing that they will sell it for you under those terms.

The change I am posting about is very recent. It happened within the past couple months.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Not sure why you're posting this. I heard from the the first time GPR associated with HGVC that resales would not be eligible for HGVC memberships.

Was there a time when you could associate with HGVC witha resale GPR purchase?

colatown

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Not sure why you're posting this. I heard from the the first time GPR associated with HGVC that resales would not be eligible for HGVC memberships.

Yes, I have one at GPR, it was bought in 2012.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Yes, I have one at GPR, it was bought in 2012.

I've got one also. A resale Seapointe but I bought from Legacy at Carlsbad Inn.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes. I sold one that was converted to HGVC last year. The people who bought it were offered to keep it as HGVC or put it back as plain Seapointe by the transfer company.

There have been many sold on Ebay over the past few years that also kept their HGVC status.

elleny76

Reaction score
I just bough one in May 2016 with HGVC included ;)

JohnnyO

TUG Member
Reaction score
If one already owns HCVC/Marbrisa developer purchase can you transfer the HGVC/Marbrisa resale into your existing account? Or do they make you have a separate account altogether?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
If one already owns HCVC/Marbrisa developer purchase can you transfer the HGVC/Marbrisa resale into your existing account? Or do they make you have a separate account altogether?

As long as both units are titled identical, they should go into one account. But if you take title differently, such as one has an ex-spouse, or one is in a trust and other is not, they will require separate accounts.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
How are other affiliates impacted? I am in the process of buying Craigendarroch and this is giving me cold feet.

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is an old thread that someone has added onto. Per information in our Sticky (https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...liated-information.254931/page-2#post-2008406), it looks like Marbrisa can now transfer HGVC ownership. I would of course ask the broker and look at estoppel.
Thank you, I was reading the posts on my cell phone and i did not see the dates. In any case, this was a good opportunity for me to review the communication with the broker and with the resort, I do not think that there is anything to worry about.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
In any case, this was a good opportunity for me to review the communication with the broker and with the resort, I do not think that there is anything to worry about.

No problem. I think that is always a very good question to ask the broker on an affiliate anyways. I am not sure who the broker is, but if you are dealing with the onsite HGVC sales/resales person, then the points should also count towards elite (at least that would be another question to clear up).

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
No problem. I think that is always a very good question to ask the broker on an affiliate anyways. I am not sure who the broker is, but if you are dealing with the onsite HGVC sales/resales person, then the points should also count towards elite (at least that would be another question to clear up).
I am not going direct with the onsite sales persons but i had contact with them. How useful is elite for you? This is our 1st HGVC week but because we also have Vistana weeks i doubt we will add anymore anytime soon.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
How useful is elite for you?

If you aren't adding anymore, then it won't matter anyways. Minimal advantage for elite.

JohnnyO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. i own HGVC Marbrisa and GPP and CSR with enough points to be Elite. I keep seeing opportunity to add on units at marbrisa for great prices with HGVC points allegedly. Every time I ask the RE broker the question they never get back to me. Then the unit ends up sold. I was always under the impression that HGVC would not transfer but that was years ago. I just don't want the hassle of multiple accounts in HGVC nor the added expense.