• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

(early 2015) Club Intrawest Getting better

Bill4728

Reaction score
Sometimes all we hear are stories about how a TS system is getting worse. "My MFs are skyrocketing" Or "We are getting charged for upgrades to the resort" ect

Well, I'm happy to say that is not happening with Club Intrawest.

The MFs have gone down for the last three years (about 10%) and we just check in to the Whistler resort and found that the resort has added air-conditioning to all the units. Clearly that isn't an issue this time of year but sometimes it was a little too warm in the summer. Not anymore!

Congrats to the management of CI :clap:

Last edited:

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
we just check in to the Whistler resort and found that the resort has added air-conditioning to all the units. Clearly that isn't an issue this time of year but sometimes it was a little too warm in the summer. Not anymore!

Hi Bill,

We just returned from a long weekend in Tremblant and CI has installed air-conditioners there too.

And this is the first time we've had a unit there with an electronic shower - a control panel in the shower used to turn it on with a push, adjust the temp with a dial, and control which of 3 shower heads to use (all 3 could be on at once). A major improvement in my book.

ROCKJenkins

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill4728 what do you think of ...?

Bill,

I went to a Diamond presentation back in Williamsburg. I was asked after their presentation what timeshare I'd mostly buy into now. I told the presenters; Club Intrawest hands down. They tried to tell me I could buy into CI for a $1.00.

I do see that their is an opportunity to buy 400 point on ebay for $4000.00 for the nexts 9 or 10 days.

I'm glad to see your still very happy with Club Intrawest, and wonder about what you think of that 400 point deal on ebay? Remember I sold 650 points many years ago for $65.00 a point after Club Intrawest up-set me with their 2010 Winters Olympic Lottery decison.

Mel Jenkins

Last edited:

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
I do see that their is an opportunity to buy 400 point on ebay for $4000.00 for the nexts 9 or 10 days.

You do realize that Club Intrawest doesn't exist any more as an entity? It's now part of Diamond Resorts.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Hi

Yes CI was sold to Diamond (DRI) late last year and so far DRI has left everything the same as CI had it BUT DRI has a history of making significant changes to the TS systems they buy and raising MFs by significant amounts. Who know what they will do with CI?

Right now there are many CI owners who are really upset with the 5 member BOD because it turns out that the developer gets 15 votes for every share of CI they own and the regular members get 1 vote for every share they own. so even though the club is more than 90% sold out it developer has just under 50% of the membership votes therefore all 5 members of the BOD are associated with DRI / CI Clearly the BOD is not an "independent" BOD.

BTW what you were told They tried to tell me I could buy into CI for a $1.00 is a common thing with DRI salespeople. They always tell everyone at the sales presentations that what they own is basically worthless and that to get the DRI experience you have to buy significant points direct from DRI

BUT for now I'm holding steady : not buying or selling CI

Bill

PS Boy the bullpen sure blew up last night ;(