• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Eplus question

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I purchased e-plus on an exchange I will not be able to use. I am well within flex time right now. The check-in date for the week I cannot use is 03/25/2016. When I click on the e-plus tab it says I can book for anything up until 05/23/2016. This must be 60 days from my current check-in?

My question is this: If I book a week for as late as possible, say something with a check-in date of 05/22/2016, will I then be able to search for summer weeks? Will booking a new exchange with a check-in date of 05/22/2016, allow me to search for weeks through 07/22/2016?

I really want to book something in June or possibly 4th of July week with my retrade but with my first re-trade, I seem to be restricted to only check-in dates through 05/23/2016. Immediately after my first retrade (for something with a 05/22/2016 check-in) will I then be able to search for weeks through 07/22/2016?

Thank you for your help. I am a long time trader but I have never used eplus so this is all new to me.

-Jim

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Yes, unlike regular flex which is based on today's date, eplus restrictions are based on the current check in date. So as soon as you confirm for something late May you can then search through late July (59 days for each hop). You can do them in succession or you can wait until the day before the current check in depending on the availability you are ultimately looking for.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. You are awesome to answer my question so fast and so completely. Much appreciated. Now, I just have to decide how long to wait.

-Jim

Yes, unlike regular flex which is based on today's date, eplus restrictions are based on the current check in date. So as soon as you confirm for something late May you can then search through late July (59 days for each hop). You can do them in succession or you can wait until the day before the current check in depending on the availability you are ultimately looking for.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
As long as you have something else to search with you can wait until you see what you are looking for and do both retrades at the same time or you can do the first one now if your final isn't ready just so you don't have to worry about forgetting and letting the check in pass.

Unfortunately you can't do another on going search so it is all manual searches with online inventory only.

Your deposit is supposed to retain the trading power of your original deposit. That is usually the case. One time I used a Vegas studio place holder (because it had a Tuesday check in and I was trying to go out as far as possible )and it seemed like my trading power tanked although it may have been a glitch. Just to be on the safe side I still try to pick a larger unit in a decent local as the place holder just in case the system is acting weird.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great advise. I have a platinum Marriott studio as my original trade so I do want to at least keep that trading priority. The trade power is limited with the studio but I will take your advise and try to book as large of a unit (preferably another Marriott) as my re-trade. Just in case the re-trade somehow changes my trade power I would rather have the trade power of the 2 bedroom Marriott I traded into than my studio :).

I am aware it is only manual searches, unfortunately. I am good at checking often for inventory but not so good at actually finding something good.

-Jim

As long as you have something else to search with you can wait until you see what you are looking for and do both retrades at the same time or you can do the first one now if your final isn't ready just so you don't have to worry about forgetting and letting the check in pass.

Unfortunately you can't do another on going search so it is all manual searches with online inventory only.

Your deposit is supposed to retain the trading power of your original deposit. That is usually the case. One time I used a Vegas studio place holder (because it had a Tuesday check in and I was trying to go out as far as possible )and it seemed like my trading power tanked although it may have been a glitch. Just to be on the safe side I still try to pick a larger unit in a decent local as the place holder just in case the system is acting weird.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great advise. I have a platinum Marriott studio as my original trade so I do want to at least keep that trading priority. The trade power is limited with the studio but I will take your advise and try to book as large of a unit (preferably another Marriott) as my re-trade. Just in case the re-trade somehow changes my trade power I would rather have the trade power of the 2 bedroom Marriott I traded into than my studio :).

I am aware it is only manual searches, unfortunately. I am good at checking often for inventory but not so good at actually finding something good.

-Jim

You can't lose the Marriott preference. It is retained even if you exchange to a non-Marriott.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I was hoping I kept the Marriott preference.

I was never expecting to use my retrade this way. I got eplus because I traded into a ski week studio so I was hoping to move up to a one bedroom. The trade-up never happened but then another opportunity came-up and I decided not to use the ski week. It will be nice to hopefully find something else I can use this summer but to get to the summer with this week I need to use my first re-trade to get me till the end of May.

You can't lose the Marriott preference. It is retained even if you exchange to a non-Marriott.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may as well pull the first retrade now so you can start searching. You will want to target something with that specific 5/23/16 check-in date to allow the next search through 7/21/16. 5/23 is a Monday so MGV is an easy option. Then 7/21 is a Thur so if needed you could then target a resort with a Thur check-in. MGV again if available. That gives the window all the way until 9/18 which is a Sunday.