• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

info about owner update at Bonnett Creek

WeLovetoTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are at BC now. My husband (Who knows better than to answer the room phone) agreed to an update. Ugghhh. We haven't done one for awhile. Anything new I should be aware of before we attend? I just hate going into BIT## mode to get us out if these things at the time limit, and I noticed they changed the previous 45 min presentation from years past to 1 hour. If anyone has gone to an update recently, I'd appreciate any info.
Thanks,
Deb

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You don't have to go. Call and firmly cancel, and then unplug the phone.

happyhopian

Reaction score
OR tell them you have the stomach flu and your happy to still come if they would like.

Bonnet Creek is not terrible make SURE you have a stop watch or raise your hand and ask what time it is very loudly when they start. I haven't been to an update in three years and I haven't been invited to one in at least two so I can't tell you what they are out there talking about for an hour.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Bonnet Creek

Wife and I went to presentation a couple years ago as part of a rental we got from Wyndham. Sales guy wouldn't let go so I asked him, " Why should I buy direct from you when I can get the same amount of points on E-bay for 5% of the price you are offering me?". We were out of there in five minutes.:D

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind, when the sales weasels speaks, he or she is lying. Ask him if he or she owns Wyndham points. If the answer is yes, ask where they were purchased. If from Wyndham ask why not resell for pennies on the dollars...

Collect you AMX card on the way out and have lunch on Wyndham...

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
that what I do always

Daniel Northover:)

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Our update was relatively quick and painless. Going out to enjoy the day now.

How did it go? How did you get out so quickly? We're going to. BC next week .....for the TUG get together...can you come? ....and I have no intention of going

WeLovetoTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
How did it go? How did you get out so quickly? We're going to. BC next week .....for the TUG get together...can you come? ....and I have no intention of going

The group presentation lasted about 45 minutes. Our salesman passed us off to the closer at the end of the presentation. He knew we were not going to buy anything. Her pitch was "Do you know that with your ownership you only have access to 30% of the inventory?" I told her I was very happy with my points, I get the reservations I want and if I ever need any more points I'll buy resale. My husband was impressed - I was friendly and to the point. -And maybe a little bit loud when I mentioned how great resale is:hysterical: We could tell the salesperson was really pi**ed. She took us right to gifting.:clap:

It just annoys me that they are trying to tell me that since I'm not Presidential, I can't book tower 6 or get Presidential Units. I'm deeded to Tower 4 so I'll only be able to stay in 2BR Units at Tower 4. blahhh, blahhh. Didn't they bother to check that we were in a 3BR Presidential Unit for our stay? lol (We scored the Unit at a discounted 1BR with an upgrade too) It all turned out well though. We had a great vaca with friends, kids & grandkids and had a nice dinner courtesy of Wyndham sales.

Thanks for the invite for next week, but I don't think we can go.
-Deb

EAM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Now Bonnet Creek is getting owners to sign up for a 60 minute presentation with a promise of an Amex gift card (up to $120 depending on time of day) and saying that we know that owners already have more points than they can use because they deposit them in RCI and never use them. So Wyndham is setting up a system in which owners have more than a year to use their points (not the same as the credit pool, more like a rollover system). Also Wyndham is (finally?) going to roll out the Voyager reservation system (which has been used as a sales tool for about five years or more) so that owners don't have to call in to make reservations that last more than seven days, etc.

I am dubious until I see something official in writing. Anybody know more details?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Now Bonnet Creek is getting owners to sign up for a 60 minute presentation with a promise of an Amex gift card (up to $120 depending on time of day) and saying that we know that owners already have more points than they can use because they deposit them in RCI and never use them. So Wyndham is setting up a system in which owners have more than a year to use their points (not the same as the credit pool, more like a rollover system). Also Wyndham is (finally?) going to roll out the Voyager reservation system (which has been used as a sales tool for about five years or more) so that owners don't have to call in to make reservations that last more than seven days, etc.

I am dubious until I see something official in writing. Anybody know more details?

Voyager has been coming for years. I have no doubt that they are still working on it. It may be ready next week or next year or 5 years from now, The sales people dont know any more than you do

When it comes I can guarantee you still wont be able to make reservations longer than a week> The rollover system is Im almost sure the credit pool but who knows maybe they will call it something different, after all combined with the new cancellation policy they already allows roll over<< and the 60% of the inventory you cant get to now isprobably Shell and Worldmark. and you can get to it, Just buy some shell points and worldmark credits on the secondary market ezpz

I just wonder why they think if folks are not using their points and depositing to RCI and then not exchanging they think the same folks ought to buy more

now you know why Ive been banned from sales presentations, they just hand me a parking pass and say have a nice vacation

DeeDibble

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got out of an owner update and I can tell you guys I am ! The push was to convert some of our contracts into Wyndham Access. We already have enough Wyndham Access to get about 3 consecutive weeks in our favorite resorts at specific times. In the past I have never had problems getting the rest of our 5-6 weeks needed for the 2 months we like to have in Florida at the 10 month mark. I hope it was just a fear tactic this guy was using. He pulled out about a 2 inch thick book and pointed to language that was highlighted in yellow that reads the amount of inventory allocated to Wyndham Access for specific resorts. The last time we had a conversation with a Wyndham employee they talked about Wyndham Access only having about 20% of inventory of given resorts. The language in the book indicates about 80% of given resorts inventory to be allocated to Wyndham Access. That is huge!!!!!! I am really concerned that there will be nothing left at the 10 month mark. What does a girl do??!!!!

EAM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Should have known better...Instead of the podium presentation about Voyager and rollover points, we had a meeting with a sales representative who tried to persuade us to buy more points in order to convert to Club Wyndham Access and lower our monthly maintenance fees...and we'd never have this opportunity again because of our "off the table" status... Never mind that it would take 20 years for the difference in maintenance fees to equal the amount we'd have to pay for the points...and we've never had a problem getting the weeks we want at 10 months anyway, and we don't need more points....

Then the $120 Amex card came with a catch - it would expire in October, and if you use it at a restaurant, the card cannot be used again until that transaction is processed. So we took gift cards for Darden restaurants instead.

I like the Wyndham timeshare and service, but I do not like the way they market their product.

MIDisfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from a short stay at Great Smokies Lodge and I have to say I was very disappointed in the way the Owner's Update turned out. It's been around 10 years since doing one of these and that was at Skyline Tower in Atlantic City. We filled out a survey about the resort, they gave the sales pitched quickly, handed us off to a closer and gave us the incentive. In total, no more than about 45 minutes. I think the incentive was just 2 passes to the amusement park at the pier nearby.

Upon check-in at Great Smokies Lodge, I had to go through the parking pass bit of course. The owners update was explained as getting our opinion about the resort. The form had a box indicating member or guest. I figured it would be similar to the Skyline Tower update. The offer was Breakfast and $125 AMEX gift card for 60 minutes. I figured what the heck, we can suffer through it for that. Ended up being there for 2 hours, passed off to 4 different people and was never offered breakfast.

I understand the idea is to sell points and that our opinion of the resort is really of no interest to the salespeople. In fact, they never asked us anything about the resort other than did we use the waterpark. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but it was pretty disappointing.

DeeDibble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ask him to check eBay on his computer to see what the going rate is for Access points.
I almost did but I was already too angry to engage in jostling - I might have gotten out of hand!:hysterical:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got out of an owner update and I can tell you guys I am ��! The push was to convert some of our contracts into Wyndham Access. We already have enough Wyndham Access to get about 3 consecutive weeks in our favorite resorts at specific times. In the past I have never had problems getting the rest of our 5-6 weeks needed for the 2 months we like to have in Florida at the 10 month mark. I hope it was just a fear tactic this guy was using. He pulled out about a 2 inch thick book and pointed to language that was highlighted in yellow that reads the amount of inventory allocated to Wyndham Access for specific resorts. The last time we had a conversation with a Wyndham employee they talked about Wyndham Access only having about 20% of inventory of given resorts. The language in the book indicates about 80% of given resorts inventory to be allocated to Wyndham Access. That is huge!!!!!! I am really concerned that there will be nothing left at the 10 month mark. What does a girl do??!!!!

A very large number of current FW Conversions and UDI owners would have to dump their contracts to go into CWA for CWA to jump from 20% to 80%. of all Club inventory, even more if he's talking about all Wyndham inventory including intervals.....

DeeDibble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Remember that very few people can be bothered to plan a vacation that far in advance. Don't do anything until and unless actually booking the weeks you want becomes difficult.

Good advice! "..very few people can be bothered to plan a vacation that far in advance". Sure hope you mean the 10 month period LOL!

DeeDibble

TUG Member
Reaction score
A very large number of current FW Conversions and UDI owners would have to dump their contracts to go into CWA for CWA to jump from 20% to 80%. of all Club inventory, even more if he's talking about all Wyndham inventory including intervals.....

He pointed at language in a book.... Strange though because the sentences he pointed to had much smaller print than the other portion of the page. He also didn't want us to handle the book. :shrug:

EAM

TUG Member
Reaction score
He pointed at language in a book.... Strange though because the sentences he pointed to had much smaller print than the other portion of the page. He also didn't want us to handle the book. :shrug:
We wanted to see the legal documents for CWA and were told that they give them out only at closing. Then it is too late to read them thoroughly.

Can you imagine a car dealer saying that if you trade in your old car and pay additional money for a new car at 14% interest you will have lower monthly payments and have the same car that you had before, except that it might (no proof) go more places?