• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kaanapali resale price

alohakevin

unconfirmed
Reaction score
Just curious to see what folks think is a good price for a 2B-LO in WKORV or WKORVN. Either ocean front or island view.

Rsauer3473

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at WKORVN two weeks ago. Resales listed by Syed at Timeshare Resales at Cannery Mall in Lahaina were about $28K for annual OF at North. This price is up from 22K same time last year. Island View ran about 20-22K this year. All are annual lock-offs.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hawaiian Title Company

I actually have an offer right now for my unit in this price range. The potential buyer wants to use First American Title for the escrow. Does anyone have any history or background with this company or could suggest a different escrow company?

I'm not familiar with First American, but when we made a purchase with the help of Syed, we used the following company:
Fidelity National Title & Escrow of Hawaii, Inc.
727 Wainee St Suite 102
Lahaina Maui Hi 96761
808-661-4960
Direct 808-446-8376
rose.bento@fnf.com
808-661-5878 (fax)

As you can see, they are located right in Lahaina, and Rose Bento is the manager. Everything went very smoothly and we were very happy with their service. Good luck with your sale! CJ

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I actually have an offer right now for my unit in this price range. The potential buyer wants to use First American Title for the escrow. Does anyone have any history or background with this company or could suggest a different escrow company?

Regardless - Escrow must be held by a HI Title Co (not mainland)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I would not even consider an Island View. The price is not that much less than OV, and OF, and the maintenance fee is the same.

If you are OK with an Island View, buy a mandatory resort with Staroptions, and make Staroption reservations for a much lower cost.

I own OV in the original phase, and if I were to buy again, I wouldn't consider anything except OF in the original phase - it has a FAR superior view.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I own OV in the original phase, and if I were to buy again, I wouldn't consider anything except OF in the original phase - it has a FAR superior view.

They ain't cheap - hard to find below $40K (!). Wish I picked up a few back in 2009/10.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a clarification: Are you saying the OF view in the original phase is far superior to the OF view in the 2nd (North) phase? (Or, just that OF has a far superior view to OV?)

They ain't cheap - hard to find below $40K (!). Wish I picked up a few back in 2009/10.
Starwood requires $40K in new money to buy a Hawaii unit in an upgrade-and-requalify deal, correct? So, if one already owns two or more Starwood weeks, and is willing to spend $40k to buy an OF unit, would doing an upgrade-and-requalify be a possibility, rather than buying a resale unit? (Although one would have to buy at the new phase, I assume, not the original phase.)

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I just read another post saying that Starwood is charging around $124,000 for OF in Maui. :eek: So, I guess a trade-in plus $40k isn't even going to be close to enough money to buy one.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes - south, OF has far superior views - take a look at the map.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
WKORVN OF can also have good views, but many are not true OF.

The $124K for WKORV OF is a paper price - if they could find a sucker to actually pay that amount - I am sure they would find one to sale. But, in reality, they use these paper prices to show potential buyers how much VOI prices increase (false).

The $40K in new money is for buying properties currently being sold.
In my last Owner 'update' the only property they would not allow to be exchanged for a new purchase (Nanea) was our WKORV OFD.