• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta on TravelZoo.com this week

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
No they won't but they will get a hard sale -/ really lived the place but rescinded before I left - trust was not there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
What Deal ?

The $ 1349 - for a 7 day stay in a one bedroom suite is just shy of double my
MF for 2016 .
What a deal -Vidanta makes more money and gets more fresh green meat to get to a presentation . A win win for them .

rpennisi

Reaction score
The $ 1349 - for a 7 day stay in a one bedroom suite is just shy of double my
MF for 2016 .
What a deal -Vidanta makes more money and gets more fresh green meat to get to a presentation . A win win for them .

And they claim this is a 68% discount for the one buy they have for this...lol.
They are using the ridiculous rack rate you see on a placard when you check in as their "normal or regular" price.

belor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
Note that prices are Candian - $1349 CDN = $994 USD

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Vidanta has assured TravelZoo that they will not solicit the purchasers of this offer for a timeshare sales.

If TravelZoo believes that, then I guess I should tell TravelZoo about a bridge in New York I own that I would like to sell.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Vidanta has assured TravelZoo that they will not solicit the purchasers of this offer for a timeshare sales.

If TravelZoo believes that, then I guess I should tell TravelZoo about a bridge in New York I own that I would like to sell.

offer will be 10%off your food and drink bill if you go to their breakfast ..
good breakfast .

Ask Solski

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
offer will be 10%off your food and drink bill if you go to their breakfast ..
good breakfast .

It's a little better than that, but you got the idea. 10% off your total bill of stuff you charge onsite- meals, spa, bar, c-store etc., plus 500 pesos restaurant credit. They made me change the "I paid more for this t-shirt than my timeshare" shirt before they would let me start breakfast. Said it was 'disrespectful'.

We had a noob salesweasel who tired of my educating him about resale by the 2 hour mark.

Jim

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
It's a little better than that, but you got the idea. 10% off your total bill of stuff you charge onsite- meals, spa, bar, c-store etc., plus 500 pesos restaurant credit. They made me change the "I paid more for this t-shirt than my timeshare" shirt before they would let me start breakfast. Said it was 'disrespectful'.

We had a noob salesweasel who tired of my educating him about resale by the 2 hour mark.

Jim

10 % off
most of your bill - 10 %
Internet , laundry and tips are not included - when they do the adjustment

We just returned from a week at Mayan Palace - Marina PV and week 2 at the Sea Garden Nuevo ( MP- Marina was full for the rest of Feb & March according to the front desk and reservations ) . The MP - Marina still has the charged internet - 900 pesos for the first device and less 50% for 2nd 75% -3rd and 90%!- 4 th device
The Sea Garden has the same 2 tier wifi that the rest of Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta now offers . Decent basic is free - which is what we used . There is an up charge if you want a " streaming level " of wifi .
I assume that the MP - Marina is under a contract - since the service is through a outsourced provider and streaming level is not offered at all -and that sometime in the future this will change to something similar to their Neuvo service .

Vidanta / Vida / Mayan - has various TS presentations . The stretched golf cart that dropped us off had 3 couples and each of us was dropped at a different " start " point :
We had the existing owners update - sophisticated for the most part .
one couple owned two non- Vidanta TS- Mexico & Florida and were 60 +"( staying at Sea Garden) - so door number 2
one couple was under 35 - door number 3 - ( we did not find out their " background " )

Also -Mexican nationals go to the Grand Mayan for sales presentations and the Sea Garden had two " wrist band " desks -- one for nationals & one for internationals (ie gringos) they laughed at the nationals desk when I " corrected " them and called the other one - the gringo's desk,.

The sales may be high pressure but the market segmentation of prospects is a lot more sophisticated than 10 years ago.
As owners we were not subjected to all the " exit packages" since the focus when we reached the sales floor (after the breakfast and tour ) - was upgrade and benefit related .
others may get multiple exit packages before the final - NO .

I walked over to the big resort on the beach a couple of times . It is about 1200 feet from the Sea Garden by foot to the Grand Mayan beach boardwalk start and past the 5 non Vidanta condo buildings . The room key is now a chip on your wristband -(like the ones Marriott started using in 2015 ) . I could charge anything to my Sea Garden room number at " the big resort "

Personally we prefer smaller - so the Sea Garden was perfect for our first stay on the Nuevo side of the Ameca River . ( All our prior stays in PV have been MP -Marina or old town . )

regardless of were you stay - the warm sunshine in PV is a lot better than February in the cold .
It seemed like everyone was from Wisconsin , Minnesota or Canada ( not quite everyone but plenty where dodging the coldest week so far in winter 2015/ 16

Last edited: