• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Vistana Villages Bella vs. Key West?

RR Drummer

Reaction score
I have been looking at buying a resale 2 bedroom lockoff at SVV in either the Bella or Key West phases. Our kids are 15 & 18 but may not travel with us often (apparently we aren't as cool as their friends lol). Any recommendations or experiences of one phase vs. the other?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Really depends on your future vacation goals (10 year...). Best to understand the system, the nuances of owning these - and then coupled with your goals, vacation time, preferred locations, ability to use, exchange, rent, etc... the best resale purchase will become more obvious (but rarely perfect).

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Just as an FYI, this property is usually pretty good at accommodating phase requests, so I wouldn't worry too much about which phase you buy in! That being said, we own in both, and I personally prefer Key West. It was built a few years after Bella so it's technically newer, although Bella has been recently renovated. I still find the decor to be brighter and more modern in the Key West phase. Bella's renovation was underwhelming in my opinion-keeping a lot of the old elements like the counters, backsplashes, older bathroom tiles etc. Plus those buildings are pretty old and the infrastructure is starting to wear. You can take a look at Starwood's site if you want to see more of the interiors (https://www.starwoodvacationnetwork...ges/villas/700#two-bedroom-lockoff-villabella).

In terms of layout, which you can also view on the site above, I believe Key West offers a bit more space, and it also features an extra half bath in the one bedroom premium side which is very nice to have.

As for the amenities, both have pools and fitness centers. Bella has the main pool (big waterfall) and a quiet pool, a little shop, a cabana pool bar as well as the full service restaurant. Key West does NOT have a food/beverage outlet by the pool, although it does have a rec center with an arcade and fitness center. I find Key West to typically be much less crowded and quieter in general which is why we really prefer it. The one pool is large and nice, and I rarely have issues finding seats or tables at that pool. You can also always walk over to Bella or St. Augustine (5-10 min) if you want a more exciting scene and dining options.

So I would definitely recommend Key West, but if you have any more questions let me know!

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at key west phase but made a reservation using for next month in a bigger unit than what I own. I was told I can't request phases like Bella or at Augustine or near pools; I can only request higher or lower floor

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
I own at key west phase but made a reservation using for next month in a bigger unit than what I own. I was told I can't request phases like Bella or at Augustine or near pools; I can only request higher or lower floor

If you have a bigger unit then this reservation was made using staroptions 8 months out or less, right? You should definitely be able to request those things; I did for my upcoming reservation!

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have a bigger unit then this reservation was made using staroptions 8 months out or less, right? You should definitely be able to request those things; I did for my upcoming reservation!

I made the reservation at SVV for March this month using Staroption but I was told I can't request the st Augustine phase

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I made the reservation at SVV for March this month using Staroption but I was told I can't request the st Augustine phase
Type it in the request box on the reservation on SVN.

elleny76

Reaction score
I read somewhere the Key west has lower maintenance than Bella.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV

elleny76

Reaction score
Quick question: If I buy one in Bella and one in key west annual use ..Do I have to pay the SVN of $140 per each timeshare per year? or its just one fee for both of $140 per year? thanks

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Quick question: If I buy one in Bella and one in key west annual use ..Do I have to pay the SVN of $140 per each timeshare per year? or its just one fee for both of $140 per year? thanks

$140 for the first and reduced for the second around $35 or $40.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

The second unit would pay a discounted fee, $45 I believe. Any other Mandatory weeks will not require a fee.

paluamalia

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN
Bella vs Keys

We were on floor 5 in bldg 3 (Bella) this winter.. You have a very good view of
Disney Wishes just outside your door!
Keys works well if you like quiet...its away from all the action
In the keys the bedroom closet is in the bathroom and the bedroom is
Very small.
Bella is closer to all the action...both provide a great vacation

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
If you want peace and quiet then go to Key West Section, all the way in the back of the development, the furthest away from the front entrance and noise and hectic pace of the Bella Section. A quick two minute ride by car can get you to Bella from Key West and all that section has to offer with the water falls and large pools etc. I found the restaurant located in that section very reasonable and the food tasty. With Key West, you have your own entrance, a private resort feel to the place..............

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
If you want peace and quiet then go to Key West Section, all the way in the back of the development, the furthest away from the front entrance and noise and hectic pace of the Bella Section. A quick two minute ride by car can get you to Bella from Key West and all that section has to offer with the water falls and large pools etc. I found the restaurant located in that section very reasonable and the food tasty. With Key West, you have your own entrance, a private resort feel to the place..............

My only comment to add on about Key West is there is a shooting range nearby and when we had our balcony door open we could hear the gunfire quite clearly. Not so fun to wake up to gunfire on a Sunday morning.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)