• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval Offers Bonus week for 1 BR L/O but not studio

SkyBlueWaters

Reaction score
I think this is the first time I received an offer like this for my Mountainside unit(s) where my studio is discriminated against an offer for a bonus week. This explains, in part, why I am unable to see some units other owners in other properties are able to see with their studio units (including 3BRs in Winter Break in Ko Olina). Interval does not value it as much. The offer is for end of Summer (Aug. 25) to end of year weeks, which I also find interesting because somewhere in between are, I believe, bronze weeks, in the fall.

Last edited:

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think this is the first time I received an offer like this for my Mountainside unit(s) where my studio is discriminated against an offer for a bonus week. This explains, in part, why I am unable to see some units other owners in other properties are able to see with their studio units (including 3BRs in Winter Break in Ko Olina). Interval does not value it as much. The offer is for end of Summer (Aug. 25) to end of year weeks, which I also find interesting because somewhere in between is, I believe, a bronze week, in the fall.

II seems to go back and forth on these. I have seen during the same year offer for AC just for big side, then later offer for both sides.

SkyBlueWaters

Reaction score
Do you know which weeks they are asking for? I remember the ski weeks had an offer for both l/o units.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I have never been offered an AC for the studio half of my 2br lockouts. Might be because we only have grand vista, harbour lake, shadow ridge and willowridge units. Has anyone gotten an ac for studio deposits from these properties?

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I have never been offered an AC for the studio half of my 2br lockouts. Might be because we only have grand vista, harbour lake, shadow ridge and willowridge units. Has anyone gotten an ac for studio deposits from these properties?

I got an AC offer for both sides of my Willow ridge July 2017 unit. I can't remember for grande vista.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I am wrong but the studio exclusion is always there in the terms but in reality it gives you the AC anyway. This has always been true for AC offers on my Marriott units.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Was this recently? I deposited my willowridge unit last july and only got an ac for the 1br side.
You meant for july 2016 right?

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
Our Mountainside studio and the one bedroom each got an AC when I deposited a few months ago. However, the ACs, even within the gridfree flexchange, have so far had dismal choices. I am a little disappointed as I had thought when I first checked them out, that we'd be able to pick up some good extra weeks in places we actually wanted. Either I was using another type of AC, (we had several different types) or these have some way lost power since I first did tried searching.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our Mountainside studio and the one bedroom each got an AC when I deposited a few months ago. However, the ACs, even within the gridfree flexchange, have so far had dismal choices. I am a little disappointed as I had thought when I first checked them out, that we'd be able to pick up some good extra weeks in places we actually wanted. Either I was using another type of AC, (we had several different types) or these have some way lost power since I first did tried searching.

Unfortunately they have lost LOADS of power.

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
None for me

I am not seeing anything for my Lakeshore Reserve week.

SkyBlueWaters

Reaction score

True. But with Interval they switch their trading power sometimes, then you might get a windfall, so you never really know what you're going to get. My old ACs are sitting warmly in my units waiting to expire...

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I recall years ago when II would never offer an AC for a studio deposit, they usually offered them for a 1BR. I don't know why II would entice someone to deposit a studio, there are loads of them sitting in online inventory for all but the peak seasons or premier resorts. Why offer a "free" week in order to get something they can't give away?

littlejen22

Reaction score
Are they offering bonuses right now? I don't see any offered for my Surf Club but I am not sure if I am looking in the wrong place.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Was this recently? I deposited my willowridge unit last july and only got an ac for the 1br side.
You meant for july 2016 right?

Oops, yes, for 2016. I got the offer for the last two years for both halves. I waited until I got the offer which was deposit by 10/10/15. I deposited 10/4/15.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I recall years ago when II would never offer an AC for a studio deposit, they usually offered them for a 1BR. I don't know why II would entice someone to deposit a studio, there are loads of them sitting in online inventory for all but the peak seasons or premier resorts. Why offer a "free" week in order to get something they can't give away?

I don't know why but for the last two years I got offers for the studio for Willow ridge and Aruba surf platinum. So ya know, I took it. Used three of the four ACs I received so far.
I booked a last minute Frenchman's Cove 2BR STT and a five month out Grand Luxxe for a honeymoon gift in June

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year there was offer of AC for both for 1BR and a studio showing up in my II account. I deposited and then nothing happened... no AC showed up. I did not bother to call as I would not have been able to use an AC. Is there a difference in asking Marriott to deposit, which was what I did, and initiating from II when the AC offer shows up?

SkyBlueWaters

Reaction score
I don't know why but for the last two years I got offers for the studio for Willow ridge and Aruba surf platinum. So ya know, I took it. Used three of the four ACs I received so far.
I booked a last minute Frenchman's Cove 2BR STT and a five month out Grand Luxxe for a honeymoon gift in June

Interesting. Watch as they devalue that AC after the 6 month mark as most of us have experienced... Wise for you to book them right away. I regret waiting last minute because they modified the availability right around the 5-6 month mark which I thought was totally unfair.

SkyBlueWaters

Reaction score
Last year there was offer of AC for both for 1BR and a studio showing up in my II account. I deposited and then nothing happened... no AC showed up. I did not bother to call as I would not have been able to use an AC. Is there a difference in asking Marriott to deposit, which was what I did, and initiating from II when the AC offer shows up?

They didn't offer me ACs for two float units I deposited. Nevertheless, 2 days after, they deposited the 2 useless ACs in my units. If you are keen on receiving the ACs, a quick call would resolve it. Since it is low trading power, they have no problem handing it out.