• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cabana rentals at Maui Ocean Club

ded4025

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott NCV
DVC VGF
Does anybody know what they cost and what is included? Do they go fast and we need to reserve ahead of time or can we wait until we check in?

TIA

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Does anybody know what they cost and what is included? Do they go fast and we need to reserve ahead of time or can we wait until we check in?

TIA

They are $50/day and they are basically a very comfortable lounge chair with shade that can be extended over your head. I would call ahead before you arrive as they fill up. The best ones are under a tree so you can roll it around and have complete sun or complete shade.

Best,

Greg

GaryDouglas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean
Club Suites and Villas
And...
  • You can reserve up to a year in advance.
  • If you don't know the exact number of the cabana to reserve, tell them if you want full sun or shade and which location, such as close to super pool, close to the grille and tap room, or in front of the Lahaina building.
  • In the afternoon they bring you a cold bottle of water and ice cold towel.
  • You can cancel if you call before 8AM of the day for any day you have reserved.
  • If you charge it to your room and use your Marriott Rewards Card for room charges, you get up to 13 to 15 times points.
  • If you are picky, reserve as soon as you can.

n777lt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm at MOC now, and asked about cabanas for the first time...except in really high-demand weeks, it sounds like a fair number of the made-in-advance reservations get cancelled once people get to the property and their plans change, so even if you don't reserve far in advance you may be able to get one. This week, there appear to be plenty open.

That said, as long as you don't want bar/food service to come to you (and don't mind the sand :D), the beach umbrella/2 lounge chairs for $25 per day isn't a bad second choice.

ded4025

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott NCV
DVC VGF
Thank you all for the info!

davidn247

TUG Member
Reaction score

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
Say hello to Maureen. She is really nice!

Couldn't agree more, Davidn247! Maureen and Johnny are wonderful! There was a new younger guy helping out last February because Johnny was on vacation as I recall. He was super nice as well. Cannot recall his name though…

Along these lines, I think the staff at MOC are exceptional. I would put them up against the Disney CM's I've seen over my 2+ decades of DVC ownership.