• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MFs at Scottsdale Link Resort

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I'm just curious what the fees are for owners at this resort. I'm in a 2br unit in bldg. 16, room 261. It's a parking lot view. This is a nice resort and I'm thinking the fees are on the high side.

I will be doing a review on this resort and I'll be letting everyone who gave me suggestions on what to see know what I ended up doing while here. I've got a week to go so plenty more to see.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this a remodel unit and how many buildings at this resort have been remodel by DRI?
Thanks for sharing any information about this resort.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is this a remodel unit and how many buildings at this resort have been remodel by DRI?
Thanks for sharing any information about this resort.

In looking at my unit I'd say it's had some updates recently. The large kitchen appliances are relatively new, the carpeting and wall paint are in good shape. The only thing I noticed it needing was new cabinet faces as some of the veneer was loose at the edges.

I'm about to do a review, it should be posted in a couple days. I talked to the front desk and was told that all the air conditioning were replaced this past year as the old ones were very loud.

They told me that this year they would be updating the lobby and in the units, new cabinets and counter tops. The current counter tops are Formica but in very good shape.

I was told whole bldgs. get taken out at one time and the required work is done to all units in that bldg.

I hope this helps a little.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My reservation papers say that 10,000 DRI points were used to secure this unit. Anyone know how much that is in dollars?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
In looking at my unit I'd say it's had some updates recently. The large kitchen appliances are relatively new, the carpeting and wall paint are in good shape. The only thing I noticed it needing was new cabinet faces as some of the veneer was loose at the edges.

I'm about to do a review, it should be posted in a couple days. I talked to the front desk and was told that all the air conditioning were replaced this past year as the old ones were very loud.

They told me that this year they would be updating the lobby and in the units, new cabinets and counter tops. The current counter tops are Formica but in very good shape.

I was told whole bldgs. get taken out at one time and the required work is done to all units in that bldg.

I hope this helps a little.

Thanks for sharing this information.

Michael1991

Reaction score
My reservation papers say that 10,000 DRI points were used to secure this unit. Anyone know how much that is in dollars?

If that's the only points you have (price per point falls with more points); and you own in the US collection/trust (this resort is in that trust); and you are a Club member (not owner of resale points), then ...

$1,977.80

is the maintenance fees and club dues.

Michael1991

Reaction score
I'm just curious what the fees are for owners at this resort. I'm in a 2br unit in bldg. 16, room 261. It's a parking lot view. This is a nice resort and I'm thinking the fees are on the high side.

I will be doing a review on this resort and I'll be letting everyone who gave me suggestions on what to see know what I ended up doing while here. I've got a week to go so plenty more to see.

You can look at the points chart with this link. $0.18 - 0.19 per point is a reasonable estimate of the cost.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzHfVJaaWOsmTjBkVVpYdmo4eVk/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a nice resort and I'm thinking the fees are on the high side.

$1,977.80 is the maintenance fees and club dues.

csxjohn,

Have you stayed at Bluegreen's Cibola Vista Resort? Can you say how that resort compares to Scottsdale Links?

Fees (including club dues) for a two bedroom at Cibola Vista during January, February and March range from $1,521 (20,000pts) to $1,731 (24,000pts).

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If that's the only points you have (price per point falls with more points); and you own in the US collection/trust (this resort is in that trust); and you are a Club member (not owner of resale points), then ...

$1,977.80

is the maintenance fees and club dues.

You can look at the points chart with this link. $0.18 - 0.19 per point is a reasonable estimate of the cost.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzHfVJaaWOsmTjBkVVpYdmo4eVk/view?usp=sharing

Thank you, I thought it would be high. Apparently Diamond works with the exchange companies to bring in exchangers so they can try to sell. I was given this info by my exchange company and the concierge desk at the resort.

With the free exchanges I get and my cost in MFs this week cost me about $600. Sounds like I got a pretty good deal.

Two things I did not like about this resort is that the hot water took a long time to reach the faucets and it ran out before the bath tub could be filled.

The other is that it's next to the landing approach of a nearby airport so there was a lot of airplane noes throughout the day. Other than that, it's a beautiful resort close to many attractions.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
csxjohn,

Have you stayed at Bluegreen's Cibola Vista Resort? Can you say how that resort compares to Scottsdale Links?

Fees (including club dues) for a two bedroom at Cibola Vista during January, February and March range from $1,521 (20,000pts) to $1,731 (24,000pts).

I left Scottsdale Links resort on Sat 1/16 and stayed at Cibola Vista for four nights. It cost me 6,750 points and at my cost per point of $.08 it works out to $540 for the four nights. I had a 1br Superior.

Cibola Vista uses gas for the kitchen stove and heating. It also had a gas log fireplace so I liked it a lot more than SLR. Both had great appliances and furnishings but SLR had mush more closet space and cabinets and dressers.

The view I had at CV was much better than SLR. I had a courtyard with a nice water fountain right outside my patio at CB. At SLR I had a parking lot view.

For seeing the sites I like SLR as it's better located. For peace and quiet I'd take CV. Luckily we spent enough time in the area for both.

Both units had in room laundry, SLR had full size W/D units in a large utility room. CV had a stackable unit in a closet. Both served our needs. Both had 2 HD TVs. At CV our living room unit was an old crt but when I had maintenance come in because I couldn't get the game on NBC in Hi Def on my bedroom unit like other units at the resort could, they changed it out to a new HD unit.

That's about all I can think of at the moment.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this comparison. I'm finding more and more reasons to keep my Bluegreen points and dump my Diamond points.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for this comparison. I'm finding more and more reasons to keep my Bluegreen points and dump my Diamond points.

The only other BG resort I've stayed at was Mountain Run At Boyne. I liked it so much I bought 13,000 pts on eBay deeded in Marathon Fl. That's how I ended up at CV.

My original trip to MRaB and SLR were exchanges through DAE. I liked another exchange through them so much that I've bought two units at Tropic Shores Resort in Daytona Beach Shores.

I'd buy into another resort they exchanged me into but I don't like the way they assign their float weeks. That one is San Clemente Cove.

Now that I think about it, I should stop exchanging.:rofl: