• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

It's 'interesting' when your birthday turns you a decade older....

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Mary Ann, Reducing (not eliminating) carbohydrates go a long way. I exercise after dinner and I have the option of going longer if I had too many calories for the day.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Having a tough time with my weight. I do exercise 5 days per week. I am just about a vegetarian- no meat except occasionally turkey. But- weight still going up.

I started out totally eliminating alcohol and ice cream both of which I over indulged. Then I eliminated all fast food (french fries were a big culpret) other than Subway where I eat a 6" about 4 days a week. Then I gave up meat except for a burger once every two weeks. Now I am pretty much Subway, fish, fruits, vegetables and a bowl of granola with skim milk.

When i treat myself to a burger I buy a 1/3 lb and cut off and throw away 1/3 of it. Reason I buy the 1/3 lb burger is that I like its consistency. If I treat myself to a dessert I throw (or give) away half. I have found that by chewing slowly I get as much satisfaction on half as much.

George

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Mary Ann, Reducing (not eliminating) carbohydrates go a long way. I exercise after dinner and I have the option of going longer if I had too many calories for the day.

Yes- I am not a big carb eater- but of course, that is my standard of what big is I guess. I do not eat bread- only occasionally on a weekend I might make a sandwich for lunch- not always. As I said, I like pasta (hey- Italian)-I do eat things like quinoa and brown rice- I mix things up. Last night I had tempeh and shitake mushrooms over jasmine rice. I always drink water. Occasionally a diet soda.

Tonight, for example, I had a plain salmon burger- no bun. mixed vegetables and some mashed potatoes on the side. Lunch and breakfast was as I mentioned prior. Right now I am having plain green tea.I'll drink another glass of water before I go to bed.

I simply cannot exercise at night after getting up at 4 am and exercising an hour and then driving 100 miles and getting in and out all day- walking across parking lots and up and down staircases in buildings.Working. I have to put my feet up after dinner. That is- after I just did laundry and put the clothes away. Hey- I am 60 not 30. PS- exercise is not really the solution to losing weight- eating less is. It is healthy for you none the less. Then again-there are skinny people who don't exercise and fat people who only eat one meal per day. I know lots of both. I think it is in the genes. I wish this weight issue could be solved. It's a mystery.

Thank God I have no medical issues so far. Not on any meds and want to keep it that way for as long as possible. Who knows how long that will last? Ugh!

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I started out totally eliminating alcohol and ice cream both of which I over indulged. Then I eliminated all fast food (french fries were a big culpret) other than Subway where I eat a 6" about 4 days a week. Then I gave up meat except for a burger once every two weeks. Now I am pretty much Subway, fish, fruits, vegetables and a bowl of granola with skim milk.

When i treat myself to a burger I buy a 1/3 lb and cut off and throw away 1/3 of it. Reason I buy the 1/3 lb burger is that I like its consistency. If I treat myself to a dessert I throw (or give) away half. I have found that by chewing slowly I get as much satisfaction on half as much.

George

LOL! I was eating exactly a cup of low fat/no sugar added ice cream (measured out) every night and I actually lost my 65 lbs just allowing myself that each night.

But now- because I have gained weight over the past 10 years I have eliminated it- just might have it as my Saturday "off- day" treat- and I still haven't lost any weight.

I eliminated drinking wine on Friday and Sundays- I do not drink during the week either- still- no weight loss. You would think just eliminating those calories would have a little bit of an affect on my weight- but NO!

As I said- I am a vegetarian- eating fish- and occasionally turkey. Never eat fast food.Rarely eat out except sometimes on vacation. I limit fruits because a health coach told me once too much sugar- so I just have my blueberries in my oatmeal. I drink 8 glasses of water every day.

I think I need to be knocked out and put on IV fluids and no food for a few months!!!

Last edited:

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
you dont say which decade

At last years Club Wyndham Annual meeting Franz Hanning, (CEO) commented on all the grey hair he saw in the audience, and shared with us that he had just turned 60. He said, that 60 was the new 40 and 70 was the new 50. But 80 is 80, you cant hide from 80. The guy I was sitting next to was over 80 and got a good laugh from that. And its guys like that, that are still traveling at 80+ and that can still laugh at themselves, that cause me to embrace this getting old thing, rather than fearing it

And when I look into the mirror, I still see a 25 yo looking back I dont know whats wrong with Daves mirror

Happy Birthday

Ron, I got a chuckle out of this. I just turned 60 last Friday and it sure doesn't seem possible. Looking forward to many years ahead.

Mike

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am retiring in 10 days. Still in my 50s. Still have alot of drive to work but the idea of having time on my hands to do whatever is not too bad. Will try it for 6 months and see if I am bored to death. My plans had been to work until I am 62. But plans changed very recently.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I am retiring in 10 days. Still in my 50s. Still have alot of drive to work but the idea of having time on my hands to do whatever is not too bad. Will try it for 6 months and see if I am bored to death. My plans had been to work until I am 62. But plans changed very recently.

Congrats! Sounds great! Wish it were me. Hope I make it to 65. I hate working. It gets in the way of my life. ;)

Try to enjoy it. Give yourself a lot of time to reflect!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Sounds great! Wish it were me. Hope I make it to 65. I hate working. It gets in the way of my life. ;)

Try to enjoy it. Give yourself a lot of time to reflect!

I retired 15 years ago and I missed the people at work; but not the job and politics.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am retiring in 10 days. Still in my 50s.....Will try it for 6 months and see if I am bored to death. My plans had been to work until I am 62. But plans changed very recently.

I hope the change in plans was a pleasant unexpected occurrence. Not health or reversal in fortune.

The key to successful retirement is to have something to look forward to doing every day. Even volunteer work, going to the gym, a favorite hobby, golf. Someone needs you. All you have to do is find them.

Waking up and turning on the TV will indeed, literally bore you to an early death.

Jim

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope the change in plans was a pleasant unexpected occurrence. Not health or reversal in fortune.

The key to successful retirement is to have something to look forward to doing every day. Even volunteer work, going to the gym, a favorite hobby, golf. Someone needs you. All you have to do is find them.

Waking up and turning on the TV will indeed, literally bore you to an early death.

Jim

An opportunity came up and we took it, so you can call that a pleasant unexpected occurrence.

When we are away from work we generally alternate between a round of golf and an hour at the gym everyday. I have foot issues so I am going to golf less. We ensure that we work out everyday unless we are sick.

The good / bad thing is that I don't generally watch TV or movies. My home is generally quiet. I probably surf the Web a bit too much. I am somewhat of a gourmet cook so I will probably spend more time in the kitchen and attend culinary classes. I have been too exhausted to do much cooking.

I do intend to volunteer often. I used to volunteer my time quite a bit until work took up most of my time and energy.

I will see how I do in the next 6 months.