• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Marbrisa owner with Questions on HGVC

chipman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently bought an EOY odd at Marbrisa week 31 I also own EOY even At Grand Pacific Palisades. Use the weeks every year and even rent an additional week 30 every year to have 2 full weeks in Carlsbad. Marbrisa is with HGVC and GPP is with RCI. Would I be better off getting out of RCI and converting the GPP to a HGVC account. Will the maintenance fees go up and will my membership fees go up? Also which way will I have a better chance of getting the week 30. It seems like RCI has gotten almost impossible to find anything in Southern California for summer weeks. Am I going to need additional points from a low cost resort to get any value out of the HGVC membership?

BTW my RCI expires this year 2016

Thanks for the help on this very confusing and expensive venture. We rely on the experts like those found here at TUG

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
The only way to convert GPP to HGVC points would be to make a developer purchase, did you purchase MarBrisa as resale?

I think your best best would be to look for a fixed week 30 to buy on the resale market. You could also consider some of the other properties in the area for your second week, like Carlsbad Inn or Seapointe. Grand Pacific has a resale office that may have what you are looking for.

You are correct, the summer weeks are hard to find in RCI, you could drop that by not paying the fee that is included in your annual dues. If you switch to HGVC the annual club fee is additional $150 on top of your maint fee, plus there are lots of transaction fees that go up every year.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chipman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only way to convert GPP to HGVC points would be to make a developer purchase, did you purchase MarBrisa as resale?

Yes I did but I bought from a bulk re-seller. Dollar for dollar sometimes renting that week 30 still has a 15 to 20 year payoff even renting at top rates. And with no commitments.

R you sure they would not convert the GPP I have owned it for many years. And it is week 31

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Yes I did but I bought from a bulk re-seller. Dollar for dollar sometimes renting that week 30 still has a 15 to 20 year payoff even renting at top rates. And with no commitments.

R you sure they would not convert the GPP I have owned it for many years. And it is week 31

They will only convert if you pay full sticker from the developer.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why don't you use GPX for exchanges instead of RCI? Summer weeks are still hard to find, but if you remember to look every couple days, you'll probably find something. The rental rates are often lower than MFs in GPX.

While you can't convert your GPP without a retail purchase, I don't think you'd have better luck booking through HGVC anyway. It's rare to see a full week in the inventory for summer in Carlsbad. I usually see 3 or 4 nights at a time. I think the inventory only goes in if an owner deposits their week to points. So, a week 30 owner would need to deposit their week to HGVC to get the points (GPP never gets their points unless you call to ask to for it to happen) and then you'd have to be the first person to see it online.

mrbigolwillee

Reaction score
GPP is part of HGVC now, we stayed there last summer. We stayed at Marbarisa the year before and, with the exception of Marbarisa's secret entrance to Lego land, we thought they were equally fun. That secret entrance is really cool though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk