• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need recommendations for chair casters that won't scratch tile floor

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Need recommendations for chair casters that won't scratch tile flooring.

Thanks

Richard

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
I'm looking for something similar...only rubberized end-caps. (if someone has a suggestion for a site that carries odd sizes), like the caster city site.
Most are round or square...I need rectangular.
Tks
Mike

RonB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Casters will add 2" to 2.5" inches to the height of your chair. If that is not a problem, casters would do well. If you don't want to add to the height, you can cut off the chair legs and add the casters. But getting all the legs on a chair the exact same length can be problematic. We have used felt stick on pads without them causing scratches for years. There are lots of options for slip on or stick on pads. Here is another link to Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_pg_1?sf=col&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Afloor+protectors+for+chairs&keywords=floor+protectors+for+chairs&ie=UTF8&qid=1450445121&spIA=B00PTL668U,B001WAK6DS,B0123KWF4S,B00GM4RG7I

Ron

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hard casters for carpet and soft casters for hard surfaces. That's the rule. If you don't want wheels, you want glides. With glides one does not have to cut the legs. The first thing to consider is the application. Do you really want casters at a kitchen table? Also if you have a chair mat on carpet, you will need a soft casters, as it is hard. Most office seating comes with hard casters, today, most often dual wheel. Kinda funny due to most common office floor is hard, nuts. Master caster has the largest selection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Richard - Is this for an office chair on tile?

I just bought this mat to go under my office chair on my tile floor and I love it. *I believe it comes in light wood as well, but my desk and chair are cherry, so I got the dark wood.

Looks great, and the chair rolls smoothly and quietly:
1345725_p_23336551_1_111214

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/1345725/Realspace-Bamboo-Roll-Up-Chair-Mat/
Those are hard caster on a hard surface. For best results I would suggest a 2 1/2 ball caster replacement. The result would be a bit more friction, but not enough to keep you from moving with ease. What it will prevent is moving around when you squirm in your chair. You will notice the difference. Having spent over 35 yrs in the business, I know what works. Also the hard casters will leave marks on your chair pad with time. I must say, you did pick the hardest pad available kudos on your choice.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for something similar...only rubberized end-caps. (if someone has a suggestion for a site that carries odd sizes), like the caster city site.
Most are round or square...I need rectangular.
Tks
Mike
Go to www.all glides.com they have rectangular glides

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
When we had new grooved wood floors installed, we had trouble with the felt pads coming off the chairs. We got these nail on felt pads four years ago, and none have fallen off:

http://www.allglides.com/naoffebagl.html

Their web site has all kinds of glides.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
We, too, use the felt stick-on's. Because they are on tile, they slide just about like having casters, and they are more "controllable."

This is what we use. They make them in pre cut sizes and pads that you can cut out yourself.

linpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried the stick-on felt pads but am more satisfied with "chair socks" that I found on Amazon. Yes, they are knit socks that fit over chair legs and can be ordered according to the size of the chair leg and the color of the wood. They did look a little funny at first but they are stable, and no rocking or falling off.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I tried the stick-on felt pads but am more satisfied with "chair socks" that I found on Amazon. Yes, they are knit socks that fit over chair legs and can be ordered according to the size of the chair leg and the color of the wood. They did look a little funny at first but they are stable, and no rocking or falling off.

I cracked up when I found these:

cat-feet-socks-for-your-chairs-thumb.jpg