• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lakeshore Reserve Studio - Standard or Deluxe

Reaction score
I was able to successfully trade for a Studio unit at Lakeshore Reserve during President's week. I need to add a night at the beginning and end of the week. I'm looking to rent Points to do this. However, according to Marriott's point chart there's a "Standard" and "Deluxe" studio each with different Point assignments. I'm not sure which Studio I traded for. According to II the unit code is:

THGV

According to another thread in the forum this stands for:

THGV....Lakeshore Reserve..........N/A..............Studio portion of 2BR unit.

Is this a Standard or Deluxe studio?

I'm "hoping" that I can combine the Points reservation with the exchange week so that I can stay in the same unit the whole time. I completely understand that this might not happen, but I'd like to at least try.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I was able to successfully trade for a Studio unit at Lakeshore Reserve during President's week. I need to add a night at the beginning and end of the week. I'm looking to rent Points to do this. However, according to Marriott's point chart there's a "Standard" and "Deluxe" studio each with different Point assignments. I'm not sure which Studio I traded for. According to II the unit code is:

THGV

According to another thread in the forum this stands for:

THGV....Lakeshore Reserve..........N/A..............Studio portion of 2BR unit.

Is this a Standard or Deluxe studio?

I'm "hoping" that I can combine the Points reservation with the exchange week so that I can stay in the same unit the whole time. I completely understand that this might not happen, but I'd like to at least try.

That is the standard. The deluxe studio is the smaller side of the 2BR unit that locks off in to two 1BR units. It is more like a full 1BR than a studio when you look at the layout, but the deluxe doesn't have an oven or in-room laundry. If you are trying to stay in the same unit as your exchange, then you will want to book the standard. However, the standard can be either the studio side of a 2BR or a 3BR lock off unit. So it is possible to still get a unit type mismatch. The resort could still make it work if that happened, it would just be more difficult.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That is the standard. The deluxe studio is the smaller side of the 2BR unit that locks off in to two 1BR units. It is more like a full 1BR than a studio when you look at the layout, but the deluxe doesn't have an oven or in-room laundry. If you are trying to stay in the same unit as your exchange, then you will want to book the standard. However, the standard can be either the studio side of a 2BR or a 3BR lock off unit. So it is possible to still get a unit type mismatch. The resort could still make it work if that happened, it would just be more difficult.

Perfect, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points

Perfect, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

After you book the Standard Studio via points, and get the ressie confirm from Marriott, check to see if its the same unit code. If not, you can cancel that one and reserve another in hopes that you eventually snag the same unit code. Having the same unit code would seemingly greatly improve your chances on getting the same room throughout.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
After you book the Standard Studio via points, and get the ressie confirm from Marriott, check to see if its the same unit code. If not, you can cancel that one and reserve another in hopes that you eventually snag the same unit code. Having the same unit code would seemingly greatly improve your chances on getting the same room throughout.

Though checking the unit code on a points reservation is a little more challenging. One needs to go in to their Marriott.com account and view their upcoming reservations. Then click on the reservation and then on Room Details. They may need to force the Room Details to open in a new tab or new window. Then the unit code is in the address bar.

Looks kinda like this;

Code:
https://www.marriott.com/reservation/viewRoomPool.mi?marshaCode=MCOLR&roomPoolCode=[COLOR="Red"][B]TOGV[/B][/COLOR]&displayRoomPoolList=Y&src=ratelist

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Though checking the unit code on a points reservation is a little more challenging. One needs to go in to their Marriott.com account and view their upcoming reservations. Then click on the reservation and then on Room Details. They may need to force the Room Details to open in a new tab or new window. Then the unit code is in the address bar.

Looks kinda like this;

Code:
https://www.marriott.com/reservation/viewRoomPool.mi?marshaCode=MCOLR&roomPoolCode=[COLOR="Red"][B]TOGV[/B][/COLOR]&displayRoomPoolList=Y&src=ratelist

Good point. Just to add additional info for opman, if using IE as your browser, you "ctrl click" on the room details to get it to open in a new window. Not sure if other browsers use the same key sequencing to force that, but that's how IE does it.

Reaction score
FWIW, I talked to Marriott via online chat and the rep confirmed that it is a standard studio. Thanks for everyone's input.