• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Paris attacks 13 November 2015

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
This might be retaliation for drone blasting Jihadi John. or maybe not.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34814203

Gunmen have opened fire in several places in the French capital, Paris, causing several casualties, French media report.
At least one man opened fire with an automatic gun at the Cambodge restaurant in the 11th district.
Liberation newspaper reports four deaths. It also reports shootings near the Bataclan arts centre.
An explosion is also reported to have targeted a bar near Stade de France, where France were hosting Germany.
Reports say President Francois Hollande was watching the match and has been evacuated.
A BBC journalist at the Cambodge restaurant says he can see 10 people on the road either dead or seriously injured.
He says police have now arrived.
Shooting is said to be continuing.

Bill

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
This is horrible. Paris is such a beautiful city, now another place to be worried about traveling to. My thoughts are with the victims and their families during this tragic time!
Silentg

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
http://news.yahoo.com/french-police-report-shootout-explosion-211732776.html

PARIS (AP) — Two police officials say at least 11 people have been killed in shootouts and other violence around Paris.

Police have reported shootouts in at least two restaurants in Paris. At least two explosions have been heard near the Stade de France stadium, and French media is reporting of a hostage-taking in the capital.

I think I read that there was an organized attack in Lebanon yesterday, which didn't surprise me at all considering it is Lebanon. This ongoing attack in Parisis kind of surprising in that it seems organized.

The unconfirmed report is at least 45 dead and 60 hostages.

Bill

Last edited:

johnrsrq

TUG Member
Reaction score

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
With thanks to Connie SP.

This hurts. I feel this so deeply having fallen in love with Paris. I have been making plans to return for a month next September in Arr. 4.

I know Arr. 10 & 11 well.

-

Last edited:

epcmart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heart Wrenching

war like atmosphere there.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep the victims and hostages and their families in our thoughts and hearts and prayers. We are all a little bit French today.

Jim

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fingers crossed that nothing similar happens in US or elsewhere...

Unlikely that will help. It is a dangerous time in a dangerous world. Try caution and awareness.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score

This hurts. I feel this so deeply having fallen in love with Paris. I have been making plans to return for a month next September in Arr. 4.

-

The only saving grace is that it not occur in Arr 4 (Notre Dame & Le Marais), Arr 1 (Louvre) or at Galeries Lafayette!

There's no way they would even go near the Eiffel Tower because of the intensive protection from terrorists. In my recent visit a major section west of the tower grounds was cleared because an abandoned bag was found. It was really impressive to see the French Gendarmes in fast action!

Also, did this start on Friday the 13th?

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score

-

Yes! Today we are all French. My prayers are with the great nation of France and that very special city that we loved so dearly "Paris".

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
So very sad. Just back from a 2week trip to London/Edinburgh :(

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
It is so awful! Paris is a beautiful city! My thoughts are with all the victims and loved ones!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not to lessen the seriousness of these attacks, but the areas of the city that were hit are not the usual tourist areas for foreigners, but places frequented by French youth at a concert venue and French/German sports fans at a soccer game.

Our thoughts are with the victims and their families. We wish you peace.

Jim

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
OMG, in Paris, doesn't seem that long ago, there was that shooting of several people at the Charlie Hebdo independent newspaper. Just terrible ...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Not to lessen the seriousness of these attacks, but the areas of the city that were hit are not the usual tourist areas for foreigners, but places frequented by French youth at a concert venue and French/German sports fans at a soccer game.

Our thoughts are with the victims and their families. We wish you peace.

Jim

I think this was calculated to have international impact:

-An American Band Concert
-A Soccer Match with Germany (French Pres. in attendance)
-A Cambodian Restaurant

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were just there about 5 weeks ago for 4 days. This is so sad, and my heart goes out to all of Paris.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Some one has started a fire at the Calais refugee center. This facility is the current home of about 6000 Syrians and North Africans. The population is comprised of mostly young men.

My thought is if it was a vigilante group, they really screwed up because they just helped a large number of detainees to escape into Paris. If it was the detainees that started the fire, they are trying to escape for reasons of their own.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/calais-migrant-camp-on-fire-6830330

Bill

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
This wasn't simply an attack on Paris.

This was showing that a coordinated ISIS attack can occur anywhere. It just happened to be in Paris, this time.