• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aruba Oct 2016

M&JJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I have business in Miami next October so we thought we would extend our time away and go to Aruba. We are looking to trade in through Interval and currently the only unit available for the week we are planning to go is at the Divi Village Golf and Beach resort. I know I am early but wondering when the deposits start happening (if at all). What is the consensus on this resort? It shows as an all inclusive. Is this an option or is this mandatory?

Also wondering about flights. Spirit seems to be the cheapest but never a good review. What about Jetblue or InselAir? Others?

Thanks for the read and any advice.

classiclincoln

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grabbed a getaway and will be checking in there in about 5 weeks. Will be able to help you out after that, but for a good idea, check out the reviews in The Marketplace.

Interestingly enough, we're looking to back our week at the Ren next December and see there is a week available there. Noticed it's an AI week, but never noticed that before and our getaway is not an AI. Looks like there are three resorts in one, DVV, DV2 and DV3. DVV & DV2 are not AI, and DV3 is.

Intersting....

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed there a couple of years ago and my unit was not an all inclusive. None of the units were right on the beach. Our unit was in the "golf" section of the resort, one of the furthest from the beach. It was a 5 minute walk for us, or there is a shuttle. Our unit overlooked the golf course.

It was a very nice place to stay - I would gladly stay there again.

Lou

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also stayed there a few years ago. It was very nice, although as stated not right on the beach. The walk wasn't too bad and the beach was beautiful. It wasn't all inclusive at that time. You will probably want a car, since not much is within walking distance.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I would hold out for a Marriott, since you are looking to travel in low season, there should be a number of Marriott Surf Club units that make it through Marriott preference in II that you should be able to snag. No concern about AI at either Marriott property. However, Marriott deposits may not start making it to II until 5-6 months out from checkin.

If II shows the + sign with the associated week you are exchanging in to, I believe this means that it is mandatory AI. AI at timeshares tends to be very expensive. You could probably do just as well booking AI with cash and not using a timeshare week.

akp

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The very cheapest way to get from Miami to Aruba is using British Airways Avios because they have a distance based chart. It would be 15,000 Avios for a roundtrip plus whatever the fees are (maybe $60?). This price only applies if you have the NONSTOP MIA-AUA.

British Airways is a transfer partner of Chase Ultimate rewards and Amex Membership Rewards.

Before making a transfer, verify that the flights you want are available by searching either the BA website or on AA.com. If there is saver availability on aa.com, it will be bookable using Avios.

PM me if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Solange1201

Reaction score
My wife and I have business in Miami next October so we thought we would extend our time away and go to Aruba. We are looking to trade in through Interval and currently the only unit available for the week we are planning to go is at the Divi Village Golf and Beach resort. I know I am early but wondering when the deposits start happening (if at all). What is the consensus on this resort? It shows as an all inclusive. Is this an option or is this mandatory?

Also wondering about flights. Spirit seems to be the cheapest but never a good review. What about Jetblue or InselAir? Others?

Thanks for the read and any advice.
divi village golf is not a mandatory all inclusive they have the timeshare and the hotel. however they have the highest taxes compared to other timeshares