• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Availability at Valdoro

marinskas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking about buying into HGVC (resale) so that I could stay @ Valdoro during ski season.

Can any of HGVC members that have access to the system give me an idea about the availability for 1 or 2 bdrm there? Let's say I wanted to book now for stay in January or February, 2016 - are any 1 or 2 bdrms available? Is there a decent availability? No availability?

As far as I know any HGVC owner can book at Valdoro regardless of where they own their HGVC TS, based on availability - is that correct?

Also - remind me - are bookings in one week increments, or can less than a week be booked? Or is that only possible thru Open Season?

Thanks bunch!

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking about buying into HGVC (resale) so that I could stay @ Valdoro during ski season.

Can any of HGVC members that have access to the system give me an idea about the availability for 1 or 2 bdrm there? Let's say I wanted to book now for stay in January or February, 2016 - are any 1 or 2 bdrms available? Is there a decent availability? No availability?

As far as I know any HGVC owner can book at Valdoro regardless of where they own their HGVC TS, based on availability - is that correct?

Also - remind me - are bookings in one week increments, or can less than a week be booked? Or is that only possible thru Open Season?

Thanks bunch!

As of today, no Availability (and I am not surprised). Prime Ski Season 2 months out... good luck..... If you can't plan and book 9 months out, you probably won't get what you want there during those months.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No way on anything for skiing in 2016 at this point. To get anything from January to the end of March you have to be on the system the day the inventory is posted (9-months out). Owning and having the 3-month head start definitely is the way to go if you don't have a lot of flexibility in your annual dates.

I have a few weeks available to rent in March if you want to talk. And I can give you much more info on what I've seen as trends and such the last couple of years during ski season. PM me your e-mail if you want.

MikeinSoCal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been able to land Valdoro during ski months inside the 9 month period. But, you have to be checking daily, be flexible and get lucky. Luck plays a big part.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been able to land Valdoro during ski months inside the 9 month period. But, you have to be checking daily, be flexible and get lucky. Luck plays a big part.

You're brilliant. I "tried my luck" and grabbed 2 weeks: Jan 2 and Jan 30. Both in 2-BR units. Crazy.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How is it? Amazing. A wonderful place to visit. There is a bronze season where you can get a steal of a deal but the problem is that's the "mud season" so much of the town is closed or they are doing repairs on the streets/stores.

As far as availability in the summer at Valdoro it's much easier to get a good week. Weeks like Memorial Day and 4th of July go quick, but in general if you plan ahead and book at 9-months you can get what you want.

brettskyg

Reaction score
How is it? Amazing. A wonderful place to visit. There is a bronze season where you can get a steal of a deal but the problem is that's the "mud season" so much of the town is closed or they are doing repairs on the streets/stores.

As far as availability in the summer at Valdoro it's much easier to get a good week. Weeks like Memorial Day and 4th of July go quick, but in general if you plan ahead and book at 9-months you can get what you want.

What is the appeal during the summer months out of curiosity. I am not familiar with the area?

Also, How is Breckenridge for a beginner level (green trail) skiier? I went to NJ, and upstate NY resorts last year, but not up to going down anything past greens. I value my limbs too much!

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Dont know if Breck does this but in Ca-Tahoe the resorts run the lifts in the summer for mountain biking and hiking.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the appeal during the summer months out of curiosity. I am not familiar with the area?

Also, How is Breckenridge for a beginner level (green trail) skiier? I went to NJ, and upstate NY resorts last year, but not up to going down anything past greens. I value my limbs too much!

Lots of the usual hiking, fishing, biking trials in the summer. Peak 8 has an amusement park on the mountain. A bit pricey, but cheaper than a winter lift ticket. The Gold Runner is a single-car roller coaster where the rider controls the speed. Get to Peak 8 a half-hour before the rides open to fill out the extensive liability paperwork, and to beat the crowds and afternoon thundershowers.

http://www.breckenridge.com/info/summer.aspx#/Activities

Breckenridge has many fine restaurants and night life. Vail is an easy day trip away. Glenwood Hot Springs is a longer day trip, but it is a very scenic drive along I-70.

Breckenridge Ski Resort is one of the best choices in Colorado for Green Trail skiing, and expert skiing, too.

smtundra

Reaction score
I saw some Valdora HGVC for Breckenridge (Every Other Year) for a one bedroom, for winter week.

I have a few weeks at the Grand Timber Lodge in Breckenridge and love the overall experience of skiing and the town.