• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

cancel and rebook

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know, an old topic....

my new question is, has anyone noticed its easier to successfully execute a cancel and rebook or cancel and upgrade and rebook strategy since Wyndham went after the guys with the bots?

This morning I started out with a studio and 5 one bedrooms for an event weekend, that had tied up 565000 points. Now I have the same 6 reservations with only 216000 points tied up and 349000 points returned so I can do something else with them. My cost per reservation is cut by more than half which is basically the difference between profit and loss

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know, an old topic....

my new question is, has anyone noticed its easier to successfully execute a cancel and rebook or cancel and upgrade and rebook strategy since Wyndham went after the guys with the bots?

This morning I started out with a studio and 5 one bedrooms for an event weekend, that had tied up 565000 points. Now I have the same 6 reservations with only 216000 points tied up and 349000 points returned so I can do something else with them. My cost per reservation is cut by more than half which is basically the difference between profit and loss

I'm still losing stuff from time to time. However, I have started working with a VC for the more volatile stuff and that has worked well (depending upon which one you get). I've gotten a couple of VCs where the cancel rebooks don't work correctly - they end up costing more points than they're supposed to, sometimes significantly more - but recently I had a real good one, who was able to do a "shortcut" and direct booked the upgraded unit when I canceled it, instead of upgrading from the smaller unit and then having to rebook the smaller unit. Much less chance of losing the smaller unit you're upgrading from if you find one that can do it that way. I had never had one do it that way before, and wasn't sure it would work correctly, but upon checking this morning, the correct number of points were used for all the rebooks. I was a happy camper to find that VC!

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
My experience has been that working through a VC is the better way to go than to try cancelling and rebooking myself. When I cancel, it can take over a minute before the availability returns, if at all. The VCs see it in a much shorter time, 15-25 seconds, and have been successful.

While in Chicago, I stayed at the Wyndham. After discussing my small rental business with one of the employees, she asked if I could get her three 2 bedroom units at Bonnet Creek. I offered her a jaw dropping low price only if I could do a cancel and rebook within 60 days.

When the time came, I worked through a VC who gave me the obligatory "you know that you can lose these reservations" speech. I then told her about the Chicago employee, and within 1 minute, the VC said, "All Done." My response was, "Really?" She said that she didn't want to worry me, so she didn't tell me that she was doing the cancel and rebook while I was talking.

Sometimes I find some really good VCs. When I gave one a really challenging request, she respond that this was the most fun that she had all day.

As of late, working with the VCs has been the way to go.:)

Jim

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I agree, things are better. Cancel/rebook as well as inventory availability (last minute cancellations) seem better to me these days. As much of a hassle as the new captcha is, I think it's worth it!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience has been that working through a VC is the better way to go than to try cancelling and rebooking myself. When I cancel, it can take over a minute before the availability returns, if at all. The VCs see it in a much shorter time, 15-25 seconds, and have been successful.

While in Chicago, I stayed at the Wyndham. After discussing my small rental business with one of the employees, she asked if I could get her three 2 bedroom units at Bonnet Creek. I offered her a jaw dropping low price only if I could do a cancel and rebook within 60 days.

When the time came, I worked through a VC who gave me the obligatory "you know that you can lose these reservations" speech. I then told her about the Chicago employee, and within 1 minute, the VC said, "All Done." My response was, "Really?" She said that she didn't want to worry me, so she didn't tell me that she was doing the cancel and rebook while I was talking.

Sometimes I find some really good VCs. When I gave one a really challenging request, she respond that this was the most fun that she had all day.

As of late, working with the VCs has been the way to go.:)

Jim

I didnt say in my op, but I was timing things yesterday, they took between 90 and 120 seconds to come back.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is somewhat a turn of events. I rember in August, the opinion was get on as soon as the web site opens and do it then. At that time, can't remember who, told me to do the first couple through a VC. At the sales meeting was told that they are very easy now, I thought it was another "weasel lie".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is somewhat a turn of events. I rember in August, the opinion was get on as soon as the web site opens and do it then. At that time, can't remember who, told me to do the first couple through a VC. At the sales meeting was told that they are very easy now, I thought it was another "weasel lie".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I dont think the advice was ever to do it when the website opened in the am

The advice I always followed was to pick an "off time" when the big points managers were probably not working, like Christmas Day,

DeeDibble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cancel/Rebook

Sure hope I start having the same luck as you guys!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
just curious - Ron - who was using bots ?

and who are the big point managers ?
I thought you were one -maybe ...

since I do not own Wyndham - I am just curious from reading stuff on TUG
and trying to figure out various TS systems and the structures.

Just an info junkie question .

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
and who are the big point managers ?
I thought you were one -maybe ...

since I do not own Wyndham - I am just curious from reading stuff on TUG
and trying to figure out various TS systems and the structures.

Just an info junkie question .

Not me, I use points managers, Im not one myself. There are different ways to structure the agreement. They all want access to the account to make reservations and cancel and rebook. without interference from me. Some want exclusive access. I cant use the account and they are the only ones in the account. If I want a vacation I rent from them. Others agree to use a set number of points and the rest are for my use.. Some pay only for the points they use and not until check out, others pay 15 days before check in and others pay for the points I make available to them whether they use them or not. The arrangement I like is the one where I give them my account and we agree on a price per 1000 points to be paid over the year.each month they pay the maintenance fees and send me a check for my "profit"

I use three at this point

http://www.tripbound.com/
http://www.winpointvip.com/
http://www.timesharehelp.net/

and some that Ive talked to but dont use

http://vacationstrategy.com/
http://www.bonnetcreekvacationrentals.com/
optimal owner care