• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just purchased a timeshare with Grupo Mayan Riviera Maya

npf4n

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a timeshare with Vida Vacations, Grupo Mayan Riviera Maya (GMRM). We have arranged for a trade-in of our Hilton Club NYC ownership, which expires in 2035.

I have read some awful things on the BBS here about being scammed by GMRM. Have we made a mistake? We have been told that we can trade our week(s) back to them and receive $3000 US travel voucher dollars for each week we trade back. Does anyone else know this program?

Thanks so much.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have not heard of that program, but while the opportunity exists, you can rescind and get your original TS back as if nothing had happened. You should carefully examine this. We have never seen or heard of a developer purchase that was anywhere as beneficial to the buyer as a resale purchase. Many have entered into these 'trade-in' deals with Mexican TSs and found long after the rescission period had expired that they now owned BOTH their original TS and the new one as well.

We wish you well, and Welcome to TUG!

Jim

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We have been told that we can trade our week(s) back to them and receive $3000 US travel voucher dollars for each week we trade back. Does anyone else know this program?

Unfortunately, TS sales people in Mexico are infamous for saying whatever it takes to make a sale. If this is not clearly stated in writing in your purchase papers, it's just BS from a sales person.

If you are still within the rescission period, I would rescind.

BTW - Versions of your story are very common bogus promises made by TS sales people in Mexico. They promise big bucks for renting your timeshare, to overcome your objections to the price. These promises NEVER pan out.

Last edited:

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a timeshare with Vida Vacations, Grupo Mayan Riviera Maya (GMRM). We have arranged for a trade-in of our Hilton Club NYC ownership, which expires in 2035.

I have read some awful things on the BBS here about being scammed by GMRM. Have we made a mistake? We have been told that we can trade our week(s) back to them and receive $3000 US travel voucher dollars for each week we trade back. Does anyone else know this program?

Thanks so much.
That hilton club is one of the few ownerships that is worth money and you just traded for something that is worth close to nothing probably. I would rescind. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
My deal was to trade in my resort, and was $15K all in. It was brutal!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Trade In to Mayan

You may want to read the thread
" Help with Trade Agreement at Grand Luxxe " - last post Sept 25

Since Hilton has value you will probably not end up owning both . However you may have paid "retail" and given them a decent " used car " for nothing .

There is some kind of Vida dollar /voucher program - but - I have yet to see anyone on TUG say the deals are fabulous I think it is more of a TS sales item that is used to overcome objections to agreeing to sign the deal .

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
MP trade in

My deal was to trade in my resort, and was $15K all in. It was brutal!

and didn't you got your Trade in back for $ 500 / but $ 15 K is "retail " for a Mayan Palace 1 Bedroom

I paid $ 16 K in 2006 ( net after trade in - but really " retail") and have the no maintenance fee unless used and Vacation Fare optional week . It does have the every 5 year " reno fee .

I am fine with it now & love the resorts (and glad PV did not blow away this week) but the OP should carefully read the contract and decide

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
10 year, renewal, one half MF this yr $749 with the two units $749 if today for both. They just built new palace.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
glad you found us in time to rescind, you just saved thousands!

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
glad you found us in time to rescind, you just saved thousands!
There is another thread on here from about a week ago.
I don't know how to link it to this site, can you?
It would help him decide to remind. Not only has he have to deal with Vida, but also transfer co.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is another thread on here from about a week ago.
I don't know how to link it to this site, can you?
It would help him decide to remind. Not only has he have to deal with Vida, but also transfer co.

raygo123, Your "auto-correct', or whatever you use to post here makes your posts an exercise in conjecture to figure out what you mean. Please- proof read them before hitting 'Send'.

I am not sure that the OP is within the rescission period at all, and there can be no doubt that the 'deposit your unused weeks for $3,000 USD 'Travel Vouchers' is absolute, unadulterated BS!!!

We hope s/he takes our cautions to heart and gets that rescission letter in the mail on time to save Ten$ of Thou$and$.

Jim

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
raygo123, Your "auto-correct', or whatever you use to post here makes your posts an exercise in conjecture to figure out what you mean. Please- proof read them before hitting 'Send'.

I am not sure that the OP is within the rescission period at all, and there can be no doubt that the 'deposit your unused weeks for $3,000 USD 'Travel Vouchers' is absolute, unadulterated BS!!!

We hope s/he takes our cautions to heart and gets that rescission letter in the mail on time to save Ten$ of Thou$and$.

Jim
I Will take that to heart. If it is too late, he will be dealing with the transfer co. At that point, that's where the other thread would help.

npf4n

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescinded the purchase

Thanks so much.

Thanks so much to everyone for the input. We rescinded the contract this morning, after spending another 2 hours talking with folks. It has been useful reading this BBS, because it prepared us for another 3 rounds of sweetened deals to try to get us to change our minds. If we want a TS purchase or amendment in the future, we will certainly consult folks here. So glad we joined this BBS! Now to figure out what to do with our Hilton TS, but that will be after we finish our vacation.

Thanks again.

npf4n

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also understand that we would have received $3000 Vida dollars, and were never quite sure what that meant. The contract said that we were purchasing a new TS that will be built in ten years time from now. These TS purchases are financing it.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Hilton NY buy back This one is a little over a year old but it may be worth contacting Hilton to see if they offer a buy back.

If not there are resale agents that specialize in Hilton that can help (Judy K and Seth N)

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much to everyone for the input. We rescinded the contract this morning, after spending another 2 hours talking with folks. It has been useful reading this BBS, because it prepared us for another 3 rounds of sweetened deals to try to get us to change our minds.
Thanks again.

Congratulations are in order! As to your Hilton ownership, they DO have some value, (though probably not as much as you paid initially) and TUGgers Judy K and Seth K are experienced brokers on such units. When the time comes, they're who you should consult.

Jim

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much to everyone for the input. We rescinded the contract this morning, after spending another 2 hours talking with folks. It has been useful reading this BBS, because it prepared us for another 3 rounds of sweetened deals to try to get us to change our minds. If we want a TS purchase or amendment in the future, we will certainly consult folks here. So glad we joined this BBS! Now to figure out what to do with our Hilton TS, but that will be after we finish our vacation.

Thanks again.

Did you hand a rescission letter to the sales department? If you did, did you get a receipt that clearly states that they received a rescission letter from you? If you handed something off with no (mail) return receipt or clear receipt of rescission from the resort, then it's your word against theirs if they conveniently lose the letter.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Vida Dollars etc

We also understand that we would have received $3000 Vida dollars, and were never quite sure what that meant. The contract said that we were purchasing a new TS that will be built in ten years time from now. These TS purchases are financing it.

Vida dollars exist as I received a letter in 2013 offering them($500) if I paid the MF before Dec.1 2013 The name used was Lifestyle Collection ( Cruises ,spa treatments ,event tickets shopping and more -were listed as uses .)
I believe other Tuggers have posted that the value was limited since some of the offers were available elsewhere for less .
TS sales probably uses them as well to "close a deal "

npf4n - Can you tell us what Vidanta /Vida / Mayan resort brand was listed in your rescinded contract .
They have definitely( and legitimaly) sold " future builds " before - Grand Luxxe being one prominent example .

Just wondering .

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Mayan Palace MF & renewal

10 year, renewal, one half MF this yr $749 with the two units $749 if today for both. They just built new palace.

Ray - while some find your posts cryptic ,I appreciate the brevity + your new information - adding to a thread.

This one however confused me .
Do you own a Mayan Palace 2 bedroom with a MF of $749 and a 5 year reno fee of $749 & both are due this year since you bought in 2010. ? .
Which (new) Mayan Palace building are you referring as just built?

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Additional information- Vida Dollars - Lifestyle

I am not sure how to link to these so I will simply list the 2 other forum threads that may be of interest to future readers

Grand Luxxe Vida Lifestyles - tuggers comments and reviews on the "Vida Dollars -Lifestyle Collection Program / Promo .TS in Mexico forum first post Dec 31 2013 & current last post March 2015

Vida Questions - found in - All other timeshare systems forum - first post April 8 2015 & current last post Sept 30 2015

Hope this is helpful to npf4n and any future readers

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yea it went off topic, didn't want that to go back and forth.

I own a 1 bedroom, myan palace doubles that so now I own two one bedrooms. Also have a third one bedroom for ten years in Acapulco. New building. Pay to use. It's at the top level. The big benifit in that is the discount golf package, in writing. Renewal, once every ten years. It is one half of MF. Since I have two, and MF is today $749.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's the good news, bad news if I go to sell it it's 10 X MF. $7,490 or more would be break even. It's a 2009 contract. There is a price and then there's a price

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
Vida Vacations, Grupo Mayan Riviera Maya

a little late to the party here but you do realise you have to MAIL the rescind letter back to them or anything said on the phone is WORTHLESS..

I hope this was covered and you are in the clear..

PS welcome to tug..

Thanks again.