• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Las Vegas Convention Center charging $25 Resort Fee

GeorgeJ.

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were all over HGVC for raising the Open Season rates for 2015 (without any real justification) and then rescinding that until a later time....I just was on Hilton.com to see what rates were for a friend to join me next month when I'll be staying at the Convention Center HGVC with Club Points. He was only going to stay one night so I thought it'd be cheaper to just book him one night in a studio through Hilton.com......was I surprised when I found that at least the Convention Center location is now charging a $25 a night "resort fee"! It doesn't come up until you go to pay....what a bunch of bullsh*t! For the $25 you get Daily Resort Charge will be added to the room rate and includes: Guest internet access; domestic long distance calls (30 minutes max per day); DVD NOW w/unlimited movies; 2 16 oz. bottles of water per day; 1-800/local calls. Not exactly worth $25 (or even $5 in my opinion)...

In the past, the rates at the original 3 Las Vegas HGVC locations could be less than the Open Season rates.....NOT ANYMORE! The advertised rate for the night in question is $69 but is $105 a night out the door with taxes and the resort fee.

Nice going Hilton!

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Hilton.com versus Open Season

We were all over HGVC for raising the Open Season rates for 2015 (without any real justification) and then rescinding that until a later time....I just was on Hilton.com to see what rates were for a friend to join me next month when I'll be staying at the Convention Center HGVC with Club Points. He was only going to stay one night so I thought it'd be cheaper to just book him one night in a studio through Hilton.com......was I surprised when I found that at least the Convention Center location is now charging a $25 a night "resort fee"! It doesn't come up until you go to pay....what a bunch of bullsh*t! For the $25 you get Daily Resort Charge will be added to the room rate and includes: Guest internet access; domestic long distance calls (30 minutes max per day); DVD NOW w/unlimited movies; 2 16 oz. bottles of water per day; 1-800/local calls. Not exactly worth $25 (or even $5 in my opinion)...

In the past, the rates at the original 3 Las Vegas HGVC locations could be less than the Open Season rates.....NOT ANYMORE! The advertised rate for the night in question is $69 but is $105 a night out the door with taxes and the resort fee.

Nice going Hilton!

I am not certain if I grasp the thought that you are expressing in this post. On the issue of Open Season Rates, the argument that I and a number of other members put forth was that the open season rates should be lower than the Hilton.com rates since the inventory that was available on Open Season was inventory that was not reserved by owner/members during club season so that it should be offered to us at a lower rate than that which the general public would pay on Hilton.com. If Hilton is charging a resort fee on Hilton.com for the general public and you and/or your friend are renting the room on Hilton.com as a member of the general public not as an owner/member on Open Season then you should be paying the same rate as the general public which includes a resort fee as you state. By the way I think that the resort fee is waived if you are using Hilton Honors Points for the reservation, which is a Hilton Honors perk, though not a HGVC perk.

GeorgeJ.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not certain if I grasp the thought that you are expressing in this post. On the issue of Open Season Rates, the argument that I and a number of other members put forth was that the open season rates should be lower than the Hilton.com rates since the inventory that was available on Open Season was inventory that was not reserved by owner/members during club season so that it should be offered to us at a lower rate than that which the general public would pay on Hilton.com. If Hilton is charging a resort fee on Hilton.com for the general public and you and/or your friend are renting the room on Hilton.com as a member of the general public not as an owner/member on Open Season then you should be paying the same rate as the general public which includes a resort fee as you state. By the way I think that the resort fee is waived if you are using Hilton Honors Points for the reservation, which is a Hilton Honors perk, though not a HGVC perk.

My point is that these are again weeks that came from HGVC owners and that Hilton/HGVC is again sticking it to renters -- in that they most likely didn't pay anything for the weeks they are renting out and that the $25 "Resort Fee" is an added insult since it is worth virtually nothing..AND the cleaning of the room after rental is most likely being paid for by the owners at HGVC Convention Center..

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
"Resort Fees" are becoming the norm rather than the exception. Either live with them, or vote with your feet. I hate 'em, but what can you do. It's like airline baggage fees or restaurants automatically adding a gratuity to the bill. A back door way for them to increase profits while hiding the increase behind 'user fees'.

Jim

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hilton is a money making machine.

PassionForTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
"Resort Fees" are becoming the norm rather than the exception. Either live with them, or vote with your feet. I hate 'em, but what can you do. It's like airline baggage fees or restaurants automatically adding a gratuity to the bill. A back door way for them to increase profits while hiding the increase behind 'user fees'.

Jim
Big difference between resort fees and airline fees on one hand and service charge on a rest. bill. On the rest. bill it's its instead of a tip. That allows the restaurants to pay their workers a living wage. I am 100% in favor of that and hope it catches on so we can get rid of the obnoxious tip buckets everywhere, it's gotten ridiculous. Resort fees since they are mandatory should be included in the top line price.

Ian

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Is it Hilton's Week?

My point is that these are again weeks that came from HGVC owners and that Hilton/HGVC is again sticking it to renters -- in that they most likely didn't pay anything for the weeks they are renting out and that the $25 "Resort Fee" is an added insult since it is worth virtually nothing..AND the cleaning of the room after rental is most likely being paid for by the owners at HGVC Convention Center..

I agree with your thinking if it is an owner/members week. As I stated above if it is a week that was in the Club Reservation Window Inventory and then it should become available on Open Season it is an owner/member week and should be available to owner/members at a severe discount with NO RESORT FEE. However, if it is unsold inventory or inventory that was obtained by Hilton when an owner/member depositing their points for Hilton Honors or other perks then it is Hilton's inventory to do what it chooses with it. Hilton did pay for it with Hotel rooms, airline tickets, car rentals etc. Perhaps they didn't pay as much as they should have but the owner/member made the choice to deposit their points. If they want to charge $1000/night and a $100 resort fee it is their inventory and owner/members don't have a right to tell them what to do.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score

Jim

Don't resort fees go into the HOA's "Other Income" bucket and thus offset MF?

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't resort fees go into the HOA's "Other Income" bucket and thus offset MF?

Says who?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk