• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to get a seller to make a reservation for a buyer?

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
It's been suggested under the how to sell a timeshare thread for the seller to make a reservation for the buyer. I requested a reservation be made for me, but received the following reply for the sellers agent: "I am sure the seller would try to make the reservation for you but that would not work with a Wyndham property. In previous situations with Wyndham, any points that have a reservation already do not transfer to the new owner and they are considered cancelled points in the account, that means no one would be able to use them. "

Can someone provide instructions on how this can be done I'm requesting a reservation at the "home resort" and ARP will be over by the time the contracts transfer.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
I thought Wyndham cancelled any reservations associated with the contract when making the transfer? Several of the resellers post that Wyndham will not allow reservations to be made for the buyer until after the transfer is complete. Is this incorrect, hit or miss, or what?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reservations don't transfer

In the case where the seller is selling one of several contracts in his account the reservations stay with the sellers account

In the case where the contract sold is the only contract in the sellers account the reservations go into never never land
They still exist and the resort will be expecting the guest but the reservation won't transfer to the buyer and the sellers account no longer exists

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reservations don't transfer

In the case where the seller is selling one of several contracts in his account the reservations stay with the sellers account

In the case where the contract sold is the only contract in the sellers account the reservations go into never never land
They still exist and the resort will be expecting the guest but the reservation won't transfer to the buyer and the sellers account no longer exists

While this may sometimes be true, it is not always true. I have had reservations transfer over when it was the last contract in the seller's account. I have no idea why it transfers sometimes and not other times.