• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Fixed Weeks Coversions

leeomo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Recently purchased a fixed week in New Orleans. Can anyone tell me the cost to convert a fixed week to points with Wyndham ? Studio, One Bedroom, Two Bedroom. Are there any perks that justify cost ?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Recently purchased a fixed week in New Orleans. Can anyone tell me the cost to convert a fixed week to points with Wyndham ? Studio, One Bedroom, Two Bedroom. Are there any perks that justify cost ?

At last report, it's about $2500 regardless of size.

In New Orleans I'm assuming it's Avenue Plaza? If so, you have a floating week. You can still convert it, but it would be far cheaper to just buy UDI contract of the equivalent number of points.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Scott is right about $2500 and it doesnt matter whether its a week that converts to 350000 points (like some of the Hawaii weeks, or one that converts to 126000 points, like a studio in New Orleans.

There is another way to convert weeks to points and that is to do it in concert with a purchase from Wyndham. Last I checked the "rule" is one for one, ie with one small purchase from the developer (63000 points I was told) you can convert one week.

its also important to note that sometimes there is no choice, you have to do it with a purchase

If you would rather have points you might be better off selling your Avenue Plaza week (these routinely sell for a dollar if the seller prepays the next years mf and pays all closing costs. and transfer fees...So you can be out for about $1000 to $1500 and buy some points. on ebay ie probably get your 140000 points for another $1000, so pretty much a wash

From my experience, If you want to use the week or points in New Orleans, the floating weeks are a better option. But if you dont want New Orleans at all sell and purchase what you do want.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Ron - Are they now allowing the conversion of Hawaii deeds for just a fee? (Without a new timeshare purchase?)

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Ron - Are they now allowing the conversion of Hawaii deeds for just a fee? (Without a new timeshare purchase?)

I'm not Ron; but as of less than two years ago, no.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

To my knowledge no, which is why I said:

"sometimes there is no choice, you have to do it with a purchase"

the Hawaii weeks are the sometimes that I was talking about. The plus to converting Hawaii weeks The Pahio weeks in particular is that the points end up counting toward VIP