• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Access Points

leeomo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking of purchasing Wyndham Access Points, it seems like a good buy. What are the advantages and/or disadvantages with this type of ownership ?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking of purchasing Wyndham Access Points, it seems like a good buy. What are the advantages and/or disadvantages with this type of ownership ?

Advantages: Advanced Reservation Priority (ARP) at multiple properties instead of just one.

Advantage and disadvantage: MF are on the low side of average. That means you can find lower maintenance fees in Club Wyndham Select, but you can find much higher ones, too.

Disadvantage: If you want ARP in Hawaii, you won't get it with CWA.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Advantages: Advanced Reservation Priority (ARP) at multiple properties instead of just one.

Advantage and disadvantage: MF are on the low side of average. That means you can find lower maintenance fees in Club Wyndham Select, but you can find much higher ones, too.

Disadvantage: If you want ARP in Hawaii, you won't get it with CWA.
But he can get Hawaii within the ten month window, if he buys enough points right? How many points do you feel you need?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
But he can get Hawaii within the ten month window, if he buys enough points right? How many points do you feel you need?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

He can get Hawaii within the 10 month window with any flavor of Club Wyndham. If he has Bali Hai, he has both low MF and 13 Month ARP at Bali Hai, plus 10 month anywhere else.

I think there are prime weeks at certain Hawaii resorts that are a crapshoot to get if you don't have ARP.

Putty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Married to a teacher/coach and I am used to booking in the 13 month window during prime times. Does anyone have problems booking what they want with CWA at 13 months for high demand sites like Myrtle Beach in the summer?

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Married to a teacher/coach and I am used to booking in the 13 month window during prime times. Does anyone have problems booking what they want with CWA at 13 months for high demand sites like Myrtle Beach in the summer?

There can be problems because there is extremely limited inventory. For example, Westwinds was originally sold as all fixed weeks. Most of the weeks that have since been converted are not the prime summer weeks, as you might expect. So there is very little inventory to book.

On the other hand, you don't really need ARP at all if you are booking at Ocean Boulevard. It's a nice resort, but it's significantly more points than the other resorts there. When I was at Ocean Boulevard recently, I spoke with sales and had a quick look at their big book (i.e., 4" Binder) of inventory. He showed me which portions of which tower were CWA. (Since I have both CWA and Ocean Boulevard, I wasn't paying too much attention, other than wishing I could have a couple of hours alone with that book!)

I did not get a look at how much inventory is in CWA at Seawatch or Towers on the Grove. You may be aware that there is reciprocal ARP across the Myrtle Beach resorts, so owning at Ocean Boulevard gives you ARP to Seawatch, Towers on the Grove, Cottages, Ocean Boulevard, and Westwinds. (Doesn't work at Dye Villas because it's all Presidential Reserve).

If Myrtle Beach in the summer is what you want, you may want to look for an OB contract. The MF's are about the same or a little less than CWA and you'll get ARP across those resorts. But if you're just using that as an example, CWA is a good choice.

Putty

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is what I suspected.... Vacation counselor said I could still get a reservation in the summer if I called early as possible. I switched MB points to CWA and was feeling some remorse. We are empty nesters in 2 years and prefer MB in spring and probably Fall but have vacationed alot in July in MB because that is what worked with the kids sports schedules. We will go to cooler temperature places in the summer when they are gone on their own. I was told Towers on the Grove has the most CWA inventory and it is the only MB resort listed in the CWA contract and we like going there. I hope this works as we think it will. Thanks