• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Converted fixed week info

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
The information related to converted fixed weeks has been sprinkled throughout other posts, so I'm trying to make a consolidated thread on their use. I'd appreciate any help filling in the blanks, so to speak. Hopefully this helps others.

• ARP - the underlying deeded week and unit can be reserved from 13 months out to 10 months out. Inside of 10 months, can only use the points. This is very handy for high demand times, guaranteeing a location and view with the right choice of ownership. You call the regular points reservation number, rather than the weeks number.
  • Maintenance fees - are paid in advance of use year, rather than during the use year like UDI.
  • Guest usage - a guest certificate required, regardless of whether it's a weeks or points reservation
  • Cancellation policy - cancel 15 days or more before check in or forfeit points/use.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The information related to converted fixed weeks has been sprinkled throughout other posts, so I'm trying to make a consolidated thread on their use. I'd appreciate any help filling in the blanks, so to speak.

• ARP - the underlying week can be reserved from 13 months out to 10 months out. Inside of 10 months, can only use the points.
  • Maintenance fees - are paid in advance, rather than during the use year.
  • Guest usage - is a guest certificate required for a reservation of the underlying week?
  • Cancellation policies - ?

MFs are collected a year in advance .. via the points monthly autodrafting from your bank account.

Yes, a GC is NOW required.

Same cancellation policy as with ANY Wyndham points reservation... 14 days or closer in .. YOU lose the points.

Hope this helps ....

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFs are collected a year in advance .. via the points monthly autodrafting from your bank account.

Yes, a GC is NOW required.

Same cancellation policy as with ANY Wyndham points reservation... 14 days or closer in .. YOU lose the points.

Hope this helps ....

So if you have the week reserved at say the 13 month mark and cancel inside of 10 months to 15 days, do the points then show up in your account?

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
So if you have the week reserved at say the 13 month mark and cancel inside of 10 months to 15 days, do the points then show up in your account?

Yes ... the points and MFs show up in my Points account ... just like any UDI points. Under the "ownership" or "financial" they show up as Fixed weeks. YOU paid for the CWP fee for those points.

I suggest you reserve your underlying week within the 13-12 month mark as you have those USE YEAR points available.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you cannot find something you would like to go you credit pool the point to use in future years, but must be done prior to use year. Those point will not be eligible for ARP. (12 months plus 1 day)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

antjmar

Reaction score
The information related to converted fixed weeks has been sprinkled throughout other posts, so I'm trying to make a consolidated thread on their use. I'd appreciate any help filling in the blanks, so to speak. Hopefully this helps others.

• ARP - the underlying week can be reserved from 13 months out to 10 months out. Inside of 10 months, can only use the points.
  • Maintenance fees - are paid in advance of use year, rather than during the use year like UDI.
  • Guest usage - a guest certificate required, regardless of whether it's a weeks or points reservation
  • Cancellation policy - cancel 15 days or more before check in or forfeit points/use.
I would add that on a converted fixed week using the arp you also get the unit listed on the deed. Even a vip cant get that room!
I have a summer week corner oceanfront unit I called to reserve it at about 12 months they were confused when it wasn't available. Then they realized a vip had requested my unit. They gave me my deeded unit and said vip will have to take whatever else is available.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Regarding mf. Yes it's correct that the fees are paid in advance but it really doesn't make any difference. If you buy a converted week on the secondary market The fees are paid on a monthly basis. It feels the same as udi or CWA

So the only real difference as I see it is arp

If it was my intention tobuy a converted fixed week for the arp I'd convert it back to save the program fee

Bottom line I don't buy converted fixed week for arp so for me they are exactly the same as all my other points

antjmar

Reaction score
If it was my intention tobuy a converted fixed week for the arp I'd convert it back to save the program fee
I've contemplated this myself. I think you also save the guest certificate fee!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another thought

If you fall behind in paying your mf you run the risk of Wyndham throwing it out of the trust and the week reverting back to a fixed week ( no points)

As was said above the mf are paid in advance so foreclosure won't happen right away but the program fee is paid on a pay as you go basis and they will toss you out of the trust after about 3 months

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Regarding mf. Yes it's correct that the fees are paid in advance but it really doesn't make any difference. If you buy a converted week on the secondary market The fees are paid on a monthly basis. It feels the same as udi or CWA

So the only real difference as I see it is arp

Bottom line I don't buy converted fixed week for arp so for me they are exactly the same as all my other points

I recently bought one specifically for the ARP of the week. I know the 2016 week has no reservation in place so I'll be using the points, but I'm thinking that I may drop it out after that.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently bought one specifically for the ARP of the week. I know the 2016 week has no reservation in place so I'll be using the points, but I'm thinking that I may drop it out after that.

If you can convince someone to DROP it now out of points ... the week booked may/should be cancelled for that owner for 2016.

But it might be harder to get your prepaid MFs collected via the points accounting group to fork over those funds.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you can convince someone to DROP it now out of points ... the week booked may/should be cancelled for that owner for 2016.

But it might be harder to get your prepaid MFs collected via the points accounting group to fork over those funds.

They didn't make any reservation for 2016, either the week or a points one (they were never actually looking at the week number and realizing what it meant for that location). I don't think I'll be able to get the seller to jump through the hoops with Wyndham, and I imagine it will be mid November before the transfer gets into my name.

Last edited:

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought my Ocean Palms week 7 to use myself, but I'm also keeping it in the trust. Because my other Wyndham only total 189,000, I would only save part of the program fee because of the 228,000 minimum fee. Also, I believe that I get some insurance if my unit is out of service, I can use the points elsewhere.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I bought my Ocean Palms week 7 to use myself, but I'm also keeping it in the trust. Because my other Wyndham only total 189,000, I would only save part of the program fee because of the 228,000 minimum fee. Also, I believe that I get some insurance if my unit is out of service, I can use the points elsewhere.

That makes sense if it's mainly for your own use. If primarily a rental, you could save $175 per year between the program fee and guest certificate.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you call the regular 800 number to make an ARP reservation, or the weeks phone number?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you call the regular 800 number to make an ARP reservation, or the weeks phone number?

you call the regular points line but you run the risk of getting someone that doest know what to do

I own a floating week converted to points and when I tried to ARP was told that i could only reserve the week on my deed... Thats not true for floating weeks, I had to ask for owner care.