• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My first purchase and I need help HGVC

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
SMack - I wanted to clarify my "agenda" which sparked my responses.

My wife and I have invested many dollars with HGVC and we are very proud Elite owners. We have done that because we love the brand and love giving our two young daughters the chance to travel and see the world. One day we'll be able to pass our HGVC ownership down to them for them to enjoy with their families. We believe that these experiences with them are priceless and our HGVC ownership is cherished.

With that being said, I indeed saw your post as either a game/joke or an attempt to advertise for something/someone*. In either of those scenarios I felt like you were disrespecting HGVC by dragging them into this game (or what I perceived as a game). And I also felt you were disrespecting everyone on this board for wasting our time. The people who are on here and who jumped to respond to your questions did so because they are passionate about HGVC like I am and they enjoy helping people (believe it or not I do as well).

You mentioned a little about your background. I'm a CPA and started my career in audit. So my daily life is all about checks and balances, logic, and making sure that 1 + 1 = 2. That's why my mind automatically went into fact checking mode with your post that literally had all sorts of mistakes both in fact (name of company, listing price for a 7,000 unit) and logic (closing costs were way too low, you already asked this exact question 6 years ago and then vanished, you had no points......now you're Elite....but you praised TUG for great advice in 2009 to help avoid purchasing direct from HGVC).

So that's my story. I responded with sound reasoning (based on how my mind works) coupled with emotion based on my passion and respect for HGVC and what our ownership means to my family and what we have invested in it. I also gave consideration for passionate people on the HGVC board who are not interested in games or agenda.

If you were sincere with your questions and didn't have a hidden agenda then I blew it and was totally incorrect with my conclusion that this was a game and I'm sorry and I'll put my "hammer and tongs" down now.

* The name Judy Kozlowski has been thrown around this post (as it was in 2009) and I've also said I think SMack was potentially advertising for "someone". I have bought a unit through Judy and have nothing but respect for her and her business. I was NOT implying that Judy was at all involved in what I called a hoax. She's as good as they come based on my direct experiences with her.

Last edited:

Smackenzie

Reaction score
JSparling, I have sincerely struggled with the decision of whether to respond to your post or not. Obviously I am responding. It will be my last post as I'm leaving Tugg, permanently, as soon as I can be removed. I'll be asking to be removed as soon as I post this.

Thank you for apologizing. You did, indeed, misinterpret my motivations, completely. 'Blowing it' would be an understatement. Everything I had to say, everything I posted, every question was serious and without intent to mislead, entrap, or seduce someone to contact a realtor or anyone who might profit financially. Personally, I loathe those kinds of people. Whether you, or anyone else believes it is of no matter; I know my mind and intent. I was simply seeking information. I might be among the most dense of people around, but I'm completely harmless. Some people even like me.

Several of you seem fixated and unforgiving about the fact that I had posed the same question 6 years ago. Have none of you ever done something similar? Are your memories so perfect? Evidently no one ever forgets a question they've asked the way you're crucifying me over a memory lapse. Some folk went to a lot of trouble to research my few posts, examine them and then try to make something heinous over it. What I did or didn't do after you answered me in 2009 was completely my business. That I didn't do anything with it at the time is not your concern. You try nursing your spouse through advanced Alzheimer's, burying them, dealing with the after death issues and trying to rescue a 50 year old family business (which I did do, BTW), at the same time, and then let's test your memory over some questions asked about time shares. Oh dear, I forgot; again. Perfection is the norm, so of course you never forget anything.

I am appreciative of the assistance you gave me both times. I was quick and public to thank everyone. Yesterday, bolstered by the advice I had received, I felt confident enough to call Judy Kozlowski and leave word I wanted to discuss buying a property for points. I was going to stop posting on my original question as I felt it had reached its natural end. But then several of you weren't finished with me; oh no..you went hunting. Purposefully, and with no remorse. One small problem; I was the wrong target. You turned me into the enemy when I'm anything but.

JSparling, I understand your logic, and the way you think. You see, aside from being a Telecommunications Engineer, I, too, have a degree in Accounting. As a matter of fact, I spent several years with Price/Waterhouse as an auditor right out of college. If you really want to look at someone who should be a logic machine, it's me. And, just to add a little more info, my late husband was a Professor Emeritus from Teachers College at Columbia University in NYC. He taught there for 34 years. This would likely be unremarkable information except for your explanation on logic. My late husband's passion was logic. I learned so very much from him about a mostly neglected life skill. Am I very very skilled in logic? Normally, better than most, but not in everything as witnessed by the interchange here most recently. For that I take responsibility. The subject line of my post was wrong. I didn't state clearly what it was I specifically wanted to know. I wanted to know about the resale market, but it read that I wanted to know about making my first purchase, I left out a critical piece of information; it's the resale market Id like to know about. I can understand how I would have been misunderstood. What I don't understand is the level of ferocity and vitriol with which several of you decided to attack me, even after I thought I had made my intent clear. That you had NO hard evidence was immaterial. Only conjecture and speculation, and man, did you ever run with it.

Regarding your feelings toward Hilton and the HGVC program, I share your love for the program and your esteem for Hilton and HGVC. I feel my joining HGVC was one of the better life decisions I've made for the same reasons you state. I would never seek to disrespect an organization which has given me so many wonderful opportunities, memories, and with whom I have spent sizable sums of money. How you think you're doing Hilton and the Tug members a service by being a self appointed guardian of the HGVC program, I don't know.

You know, Jsparling, you're a real treat. To the end of your post, you continue the digs, snide remarks and general unpleasantness while attempting to absolve yourself by saying if you are wrong, then you guess you 'blew it'. It's obvious you don't believe you're wrong...in fact, I bet you're one of those who cannot and will not concede that you're wrong about something. The annotation about Judy? Please. This is far from a scholarly research paper which needs those tools. But, if that's how you need to hide, so be it.

Well, I've spent far more time and energy on this than intended. To reduce my post to its most basic elements, these are the elements. I am a real person, my questions were just that; questions. There was no alternate or ulterior motive. I take responsibility for being unclear in the beginning, and I understand how you got confused. I'm a rookie and didn't know how to properly ask something here which would get the answers I wanted. There is an art and process to formulating intelligent questions. I failed; I freely admit it. But it's no excuse for how several of you decided to go after me. I had asked the same thing 6 years prior and had forgotten. You folks showed no mercy for a lapsed memory. No, you've gone to a lot of trouble to try and make something more out of it, excoriate me and shame me. I neither need it nor want it. If anyone ever got it wrong, this is one for the ages. I'm done.
Goodbye.

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
JSparling, I have sincerely struggled with the decision of whether to respond to your post or not. Obviously I am responding. It will be my last post as I'm leaving Tugg, permanently, as soon as I can be removed. I'll be asking to be removed as soon as I post this.

Thank you for apologizing. You did, indeed, misinterpret my motivations, completely. 'Blowing it' would be an understatement. Everything I had to say, everything I posted, every question was serious and without intent to mislead, entrap, or seduce someone to contact a realtor or anyone who might profit financially. Personally, I loathe those kinds of people. Whether you, or anyone else believes it is of no matter; I know my mind and intent. I was simply seeking information. I might be among the most dense of people around, but I'm completely harmless. Some people even like me.

Several of you seem fixated and unforgiving about the fact that I had posed the same question 6 years ago. Have none of you ever done something similar? Are your memories so perfect? Evidently no one ever forgets a question they've asked the way you're crucifying me over a memory lapse. Some folk went to a lot of trouble to research my few posts, examine them and then try to make something heinous over it. What I did or didn't do after you answered me in 2009 was completely my business. That I didn't do anything with it at the time is not your concern. You try nursing your spouse through advanced Alzheimer's, burying them, dealing with the after death issues and trying to rescue a 50 year old family business (which I did do, BTW), at the same time, and then let's test your memory over some questions asked about time shares. Oh dear, I forgot; again. Perfection is the norm, so of course you never forget anything.

I am appreciative of the assistance you gave me both times. I was quick and public to thank everyone. Yesterday, bolstered by the advice I had received, I felt confident enough to call Judy Kozlowski and leave word I wanted to discuss buying a property for points. I was going to stop posting on my original question as I felt it had reached its natural end. But then several of you weren't finished with me; oh no..you went hunting. Purposefully, and with no remorse. One small problem; I was the wrong target. You turned me into the enemy when I'm anything but.

JSparling, I understand your logic, and the way you think. You see, aside from being a Telecommunications Engineer, I, too, have a degree in Accounting. As a matter of fact, I spent several years with Price/Waterhouse as an auditor right out of college. If you really want to look at someone who should be a logic machine, it's me. And, just to add a little more info, my late husband was a Professor Emeritus from Teachers College at Columbia University in NYC. He taught there for 34 years. This would likely be unremarkable information except for your explanation on logic. My late husband's passion was logic. I learned so very much from him about a mostly neglected life skill. Am I very very skilled in logic? Normally, better than most, but not in everything as witnessed by the interchange here most recently. For that I take responsibility. The subject line of my post was wrong. I didn't state clearly what it was I specifically wanted to know. I wanted to know about the resale market, but it read that I wanted to know about making my first purchase, I left out a critical piece of information; it's the resale market Id like to know about. I can understand how I would have been misunderstood. What I don't understand is the level of ferocity and vitriol with which several of you decided to attack me, even after I thought I had made my intent clear. That you had NO hard evidence was immaterial. Only conjecture and speculation, and man, did you ever run with it.

Regarding your feelings toward Hilton and the HGVC program, I share your love for the program and your esteem for Hilton and HGVC. I feel my joining HGVC was one of the better life decisions I've made for the same reasons you state. I would never seek to disrespect an organization which has given me so many wonderful opportunities, memories, and with whom I have spent sizable sums of money. How you think you're doing Hilton and the Tug members a service by being a self appointed guardian of the HGVC program, I don't know.

You know, Jsparling, you're a real treat. To the end of your post, you continue the digs, snide remarks and general unpleasantness while attempting to absolve yourself by saying if you are wrong, then you guess you 'blew it'. It's obvious you don't believe you're wrong...in fact, I bet you're one of those who cannot and will not concede that you're wrong about something. The annotation about Judy? Please. This is far from a scholarly research paper which needs those tools. But, if that's how you need to hide, so be it.

Well, I've spent far more time and energy on this than intended. To reduce my post to its most basic elements, these are the elements. I am a real person, my questions were just that; questions. There was no alternate or ulterior motive. I take responsibility for being unclear in the beginning, and I understand how you got confused. I'm a rookie and didn't know how to properly ask something here which would get the answers I wanted. There is an art and process to formulating intelligent questions. I failed; I freely admit it. But it's no excuse for how several of you decided to go after me. I had asked the same thing 6 years prior and had forgotten. You folks showed no mercy for a lapsed memory. No, you've gone to a lot of trouble to try and make something more out of it, excoriate me and shame me. I neither need it nor want it. If anyone ever got it wrong, this is one for the ages. I'm done.
Goodbye.

Forgive my ignorence and intrusion into the above discussion, and I will stay away from the tit for tat stuff and instead focus on my interpretation of what you have done and a possible alterantive to you buying again.

It sounds like you (or members of your family) bought into HGVC retail to accumulate 14k points (and that you understand that it was (to use an accounting term) a Sunk Cost).

It also sounds like you are using your points package to the maximum (I imagine 2 or more weeks depending on season and room size). From the other information, it looks like you and your family have been through some recent life changes including the death of your spouse, and from all the information I can gather, it looks like you still might be in the process of recovering from that.

While you may or may not be past that point, I have the following recommendation: Hold off on making a purchase decision, whatever you want to buy will still be there in a year. In the interim, rent, or use HGVC open season (depending on where you travel to). You lose nothing by waiting a little longer, and it will better allow you to adjust and discover what your true wants are and whether you want to invest more dollars in annual MF vs spending your vacation dollars on other forms of leisure.

You can buy a timeshare in 20 minutes, it can take years to sell one.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I will say.....

If you have questions about someone's post, a quick Google of the information available might just prove to be beneficial.

I won't post that information in the interests of privacy, but I too checked the OP when some facts seemed askew. The poster's info seemed quite genuine.

Perhaps in future, a gentle question "May I ask how you came to be elite..." or "it seems you posted before...what changed" might be a more gentle approach. Not everyone (including me has the facts quick as straight as we should).

Gosh, this is starting to sound like the Worldmark forum. (just kidding.)
just my 2c....don't attack me.

BTW Judy and Seth (Samuel) have been great to work/talk with and I'm NOT a shill and have bought from Seth.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Gosh, this is starting to sound like the Worldmark forum. (just kidding.)
just my 2c....don't attack me.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
I think my head just fell off. :rofl:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
The name Judy Kozlowski has been thrown around this [thread]...

To posters who write, "Judy Kozlowski" - Judy may be an acceptable nickname for the name, Judith. However, Ms. Kozlowski seems to prefer the name "Judi," with an . Hence, the website: www.judikoz.com. To verify, you can e-mail her at: judi@judikoz.com

<ducking any tomatoes thrown my way>

BTW... I too recommend against buying a small point package to deal with what could turn out to be a short-term point crunch. The time will come, perhaps fairly soon, when the family is not able to travel quite so much. Thus, it may be possible to deal with over-use for a couple of years through a combination of point-banking + borrowing.

Last edited: